Search the archive
IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
Unless made explicit, IHBC NewsBlogs are not IHBC endorsements.
- IHBC Launches new ‘Guidance Note’ on ToolBox: Alterations to Listed Buildings’ 15/01/2021
- Parliamentary Inquiry Open: ‘21st Century Places: Values and benefits’ APPG call for evidence closes 29 January 15/01/2021
- IHBC research signpost: Resources on the Buildings of Ireland 15/01/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £290+K costed works: Island authority seeks Design Guide, closing 02/02, valued at £40K. 15/01/2021
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Gang members jailed after £2M lead thefts from churches in Lincolnshire and beyond 15/01/2021
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Plymouth and more set to receive millions from Future High Streets etc. funds 15/01/2021
- Parliament’s ‘Northern Estate’ refurbishment plans halted 15/01/2021
- Hollywood stars join fight to save Oscar Wilde’s prison from developers 15/01/2021
- UKGBC launches project to develop a ‘Net Zero Whole Life Carbon Roadmap’ for COP26 15/01/2021
- Winners of the 2020 Street Design Awards announced 15/01/2021
- SLC: Scotland’s new protocol on local authority management of Common Good Land 15/01/2021
- Membership of England’s Urban Centre Recovery Task Force 15/01/2021
- Historic Old Course clubhouse to host female lockers for first time after revamp approved 15/01/2021
- IHBC hosts HESPR forum: ‘Exploring new support initiatives with HESPR members’ 12/01/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR second pick from £198+K costed works: National heritage partnership seeks ‘walks’, closing 01/02, valued £69K+ 12/01/2021
- IHBC research signpost: ARCHIDICT an illustrative multilingual dictionary 12/01/2021
- Cardiff Museum of Military Medicine plans go-head despite petition 12/01/2021
- DSWA congratulates new master craftsman 12/01/2021
- Procurement rule changes to help SMEs 12/01/2021
- Industry leaders back £525bn home improvement plan 12/01/2021
- Thousands of trees planted as Network Rail’s £1 million pledge takes root across the country 12/01/2021
- URBACT on small cities surviving Covid-19: ‘Without frequent sharing we would have felt more alone’ 12/01/2021
- £165M+ in repayable finance announced to support Culture Recovery Fund 12/01/2021
- New STBA Website 12/01/2021
- Caithness Iron Age stone tower conserved 12/01/2021
Parliamentary Inquiry Open: ‘21st Century Places: Values and benefits’ APPG call for evidence closes 29 January
Westminster’s new All-Party Parliamentary Group (APPG) on ‘Conservation, Places and People’ (CPP APPG), chaired by Layla Moran MP and with the IHBC as its Secretariat, has launched its first Inquiry into ‘21st Century Places – Values & Benefits‘, a wide-ranging call for evidence from all stakeholders, closing on 29 January 2021. Continue reading
IHBC’s HESPR pick from £290+K costed works: Island authority seeks Design Guide, closing 02/02, valued at £40K.
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – our Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition quality assurance scheme for heritage services working to the IHBC’s standards – emails its members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, and the IHBC Director’s second pick features a call from an island authority for a Design Guide, closing 2/02, valued £40K.
IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Gang members jailed after £2M lead thefts from churches in Lincolnshire and beyond
IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Plymouth and more set to receive millions from Future High Streets etc. funds
Towns and cities across Devon and Cornwall are celebrating after being awarded millions of pounds to transform their town centres, as Plymouth, along with Paignton, Newton Abbot, Barnstaple and Penzance have received confirmation of the success of their bids from the Future High Streets and Towns Fund.
image: for illustration purposes only – Seán O’Reilly
Parliament’s Northern Estate programme to refurbish nearby Westminster buildings for use by MPs during the restoration of the House of Commons has been shut down, with a letter informing the delivery teams ‘of closure of the Northern Estate Programme’ in favour of ‘a new approach of having a more agile set of projects.’
image: for illustration purposes only – Open Government Licence v3.0
The winners of the 2020 Street Design Awards – celebrating innovation and best practice in street design across the UK – hgave been announced.
image: Portsmouth Spinnaker Tower – LocalGov website
Details have been announced of the task force members who have offered their time and expert advice as government considers how best to support our cities to thrive.
image: for illustration purposes only – Fiona Newton
HESPR logos 2
HESPR logos 1
HESPR logos 2
HESPR logos 1