Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC 2020 AGM (#IHBCAGM2020) update 2: IHBC AGM online on 3 December, with new governance vote planned for ‘Articles’, while ‘Council+ postponed to 2021 29/09/2020
- IHBC’s 2020 AGM (#IHBCAGM2020) update 3: AGM online on 3 December, with ‘Corporate Plan 2020-25’ (‘CP25’) vote planned, while ‘Council+ postponed to 2021 29/09/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick of the week: Design & build ‘could leave architects liable for others’ work’ under new law 29/09/2020
- IHBC CPD boost: Urban planning needs to look back first, as shown by three cities in Ghana 29/09/2020
- Historic Royal Palaces opens consultation on shedding 145 jobs 29/09/2020
- WorldGBC: Sustainable building strategy to boost health and wellbeing 29/09/2020
- Royal Charter International Research Award for Young Constructors 2021, closing date 31/10 29/09/2020
- IHBC’s ‘IMHO’: Government’s ‘Protecting Scotland, Renewing Scotland’, from BEFS 29/09/2020
- IHBC’s 2020 AGM (#IHBCAGM2020) update 1: 3 December, online, with ‘CP25’ and new governance ‘Articles’, but Council+ postponed to 2021 25/09/2020
- Don’t forget: IHBC’s HESPR-linked service promotion is now even more accessible to clients when using our map-based search 25/09/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR pick this week from £2.1M+ costed works: Council seeks PM services, closing 1/10 and valued at £104K 25/09/2020
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Heritage Trail proposals to highlight landmarks in St Albans 25/09/2020
- New appointments for design and heritage in England’s planning: Nicholas Boys Smith and Charles O’Brien 25/09/2020
- Government’s £40M Green Recovery Challenge Fund: Up to £40M & 100% project costs! 25/09/2020
- TCPA Report: ‘No place for place-making’, and how planning is bypassed via PDR 25/09/2020
- Ireland’s Architectural heritage protection laws could be reviewed, looking to the UK’s staged approach 25/09/2020
- Rebuilding Heritage support programme: ‘From Survival to Sustainability’ 25/09/2020
- Scotland’s PAS seeks EOIs for funding from the ‘smarter choices smarter places’ fund: Closing 28/09 25/09/2020
- Robert Jenrick’s speech on planning for the future: 21/09 25/09/2020
- Green Homes Grant skills training competition, closing 14/10 25/09/2020
- BBC Visual and Data Journalism team visualise what coronavirus will do to our offices and homes 25/09/2020
- IHBC submits evidence to Commons Select Committee Inquiry on ‘Supporting our High Streets after Covid-19’ 22/09/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick of the week: Construction Declares and the energy minister meeting, from Building 22/09/2020
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Union Chain Bridge gets £250K injection for refurbishment 22/09/2020
- The future of architect regulation: ARB’s call for evidence, closing 23 October 22/09/2020
Daily Archives: 07/04/2020
Gee and Co welcomed as the latest practice on IHBC’s HESPR register of service providers working to our standards
Gee & Co Ltd Building Conservation has become the latest company to be included on the IHBC’s conservation and heritage services ‘HESPR’ quality assurance listing, joining more than 40 other heritage businesses that enjoy benefits and support from the IHBC … Continue reading
In times of crisis, don’t forget, the IHBC supports members in crisis: 1 year IHBC fee-free and fuss-free, if you’ve lost your job or face serious or sudden troubles in paying fees!
Lost your job and problems finding new work? Or are you facing a crisis that seriously affects your conservation career or income? The IHBC is here to help, with our ‘fee-free year’ supporting you in your time of need. Just … Continue reading
IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 8: ‘Nightingale’s’ excellent response to COVID-19 – ‘The UK just built the world’s largest critical care unit within two weeks’
American broadcaster CNBC has celebrated the world’s largest critical care unit opening in London, as the U.K. steps up its fight to tackle the spread of the coronavirus.
A £1 billion Scottish Government fund now supports grants to help businesses with COVID-19 impacts.
The Construction Industry Council’s (CIC’s) ‘CIC Coronavirus Digest – Issue 8’ surveys the latest government advice on the coronavirus (COVID-19), with updates from the construction industry.
Historic England (HE) has opened a short survey seeking reposnses on how sector bodies are being affected by the current pandemic.
IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest’ pick of the week, from Architecture Today: A ‘Garden Gate’ by Adam Richards Architects
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – our Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition quality assurance scheme for heritage services working to the IHBC’s standards – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, including notices gleaned from across the development sector’s … Continue reading
Scott Street Bridge was decommissioned in 1994 and was recently targeted by the famous artist.
Philip Long OBE, currently Director of V&A Dundee, has been appointed Chief Executive of the National Trust for Scotland (NTS).
Make a splash with Historic Environment Scotland’s new funding programme – We are encouraging organisations with community-based projects to apply for our new Coasts and Waters Heritage Fund which launched on Monday 9 March for the Year of Coasts and … Continue reading
Biffa Award Partnership Grants Schemes now open with the Round One deadline on 17 April 2020 and Round Two on 7 August 2020.