Search the archive
IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
Unless made explicit, IHBC NewsBlogs are not IHBC endorsements.
- IHBC’s new CPD Circular School Edition update: Lord Kerslake welcomes; School sponsors MFL Affinity takes MarketPlace Stall, and much more! 16/06/2021
- ‘Single Seminar’ options at 17 June School @ £10+VAT: Asset management OR Retrofit OR 21st Century education & training OR Communities and Campaigning! 16/06/2021
- IHBC’s heritage from Design to Economics, from £30+VAT: Jan Gehl (Design) + Donovan Rypkema (Economics) + High Streets + Lottery + Local listing + Participation – Book now and ask questions early! 16/06/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick: News selection form IHBC virtual 2021 School MarketPlace Stallholder Designing Buildings Wiki 16/06/2021
- IHBC’s features ‘Heritage from the (construction) doorstep’: Video marks end of Inverness Townscape Heritage Project 16/06/2021
- RTPI announces launch of new network for politicians involved in planning 16/06/2021
- Design Council: Using design as a force for change 16/06/2021
- CITB on Levy Proposals and Consultation 16/06/2021
- BSI: New competence standards for work in buildings 16/06/2021
- Government urged to support creation of thousands of new green jobs in areas with greatest employment challenges 16/06/2021
- IHBC Signpost: Leonardo da Vinci Designs the Ideal City: See 3D Models of His Radical Design 16/06/2021
- Fancy a freebie at the IHBC’s Virtual School? #IHBCBrighton2021 or can’t attend live?Just ask the best question by 17/06 and get the fee back! 11/06/2021
- Connecting conservation across continents: Roundup by Rypkema & PlaceEconomics – from Reading Gaol to the ’21 Tulsa Race Massacre, linked at IHBC’s virtual 2021 School on 18/06! 11/06/2021
- Customised learning at IHBC’s School Heritage MarketPlace, 18/06: Tell our MarketPlace Stallholders what you want! 11/06/2021
- REMINDER: Single Seminar’ options at 17 June School #IHBCBrighton2021 @ £10+VAT: Asset management OR Retrofit OR 21st Century education & training OR Communities and Campaigning! 11/06/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £872.5K+ costed works this week: Park Authority seeks Walkover Surveys, valued from £1250 11/06/2021
- Demolition of ‘beautiful’ historic and protected cottage leads to prosecution of East Meon developer 11/06/2021
- Parliamentary report on England’s planning reforms: ‘Reconsider the three areas proposal’ and publish impact assessment on historic buildings and sites 11/06/2021
- AHF 2020/21 ‘Impact Report’ now out: To ‘evaluate our overarching impact’ 11/06/2021
- HES: New plan to promote equality, diversity and inclusion from IHBC School MarketPlace Stallholder 11/06/2021
- Now out: Biodiversity in new housing developments: creating wildlife-friendly communities 11/06/2021
- IHBC signpost Dave Stitt opinion piece via IHBC School MarketPlace Stallholder CIOB Academy: Six questions construction leaders should ask themselves about quality 11/06/2021
- #IHBCBrighton2021 welcomes more virtual ‘Heritage MarketPlace’ stalls and learning: Lottery, CIOB Academy, HE, HES, BEFS, ICON, YALE UP, IHBC’s CPP APPG, Energy Savers, DB Wiki, HTN, THA, Hirst & Murphy Associates – offering dedicated virtual sessions from casework, products and practice to BPNs, advocacy, funding priorities and more! 08/06/2021
- IHBC’s CPD Circular now out: 2021 School updates Cost-effective cross-sector support, with free sign up/events listings. 08/06/2021
- REMINDER: Single Seminar’ options at 17 June School #IHBCBrighton2021 @ £10+VAT: Asset management OR Retrofit OR 21st Century education & training OR Communities and Campaigning! 08/06/2021
Daily Archives: 01/05/2020
IHBC 2020 Virtual School #IHBCVirtualSchool2020 topics confirmed: ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’… from a Global Pandemic, and from Government, Community, Urbanism, Environment, Economics and more!
Topic areas have been finalised for the IHBC’s 2020 Virtual School #IHBCVirtualSchool2020 covering Environment (Carl Elefante, 94th President, American Institute of Architects), Urbanism (Prof. Plácido González Martínez), Community (Carole Souter, previously HLF), Planning (Cliff Hague, RTPI Past President), Government (Kris … Continue reading
HCUK welcomed by IHBC as 2020 Virtual School ‘Principal Sponsor’ of ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’… from a Global Pandemic
The Institute of Historic Building Conservation (IHBC) is delighted to announce HESPR member HCUK as the Principal Sponsor for the institute’s 2020 Virtual School, #IHBCVirtualSchool2020 on 19 June 2020.
A new 100% government backed loan scheme for small business is now available. image: Open Government Licence v3.0
IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 35: Government testing ’access summaries’ include ‘those whose work cannot be done from home’.
The Government has confirmed that ‘anyone with symptoms whose work cannot be done from home’ (including ‘construction workers’) is now eligible to apply for ?#COVID19 testing.
IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 36: TCI explores planning guidance impacts, including removing pre-app consultations etc.
The Consultation Institute (TCI) has published an Associate’s review on recent adjustments in planning procedures and protocols.
IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 37: NI DfC update Department for Communities COVID-19 Stakeholder Update: 27 April 2020
The Northern Ireland (NI) Department for Communities, (DfC) has issued its latest update on the key announcements during the COVID-19 pandemic.
BEFS’s Bulletin has published an update from Scotland on its ‘Our Place in Time (OPiT)’ CEO Forum.
The Construction Industry Council (CIC) is supporting the Construction Leadership Council (CLC) to gather data and develop guidance regarding employees coming out of furlough, with a survey now in place.
IHBC’s HESPR pick this week from £1.8M+ costed works: Multi-disciplinary design teamsought for works including conservation, closing 22/05, value £1.8M
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – our Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition quality assurance scheme for heritage services working to the IHBC’s standards – emails its members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, and the IHBC Director’s top pick this … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Outrage as historic Cornish beauty spot ruined with huge graffiti tag
Mount Edgcumbe, which looks after the ancient monument on behalf of Historic England, has a plan in place to remove the graffiti and report it to the police, writes The Plymouth Herald.
IHBC’s CPD Boost via our Virtual School, from ‘Built Heritage’: ‘Applying a Landscape Perspective to Digital Cultural Heritage’, free online access
As digital cultural heritage is shifting the focus from architectural settings to the landscape scale, a new ‘Special Issue’ of the free online journal ‘Built Heritage’ – the Executive Editor of which is the IHBC 2020 Virtual School contributor, architect … Continue reading
Firefighters have tackled a blaze at an historic Grade 11 li8sted former lace mill at Sandiacre, near Nottingham.
Open Culture suggests a Virtual Tour of the Louvre recognising that Video visits are no substitute, but these days they’re the best we’ve got.