Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC submits response to ‘Parliament Restoration and Renewal’ plans review 11/08/2020
- IHBC welcomes 8th Edinburgh Traditional Building Festival 11/08/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick of the week: Government rules out VAT reduction on domestic work, from Building 11/08/2020
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Heritage group to spend £120k to restore Martello Tower 11/08/2020
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: PLBC granted for Dover’s Maison Dieu restoration 11/08/2020
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Edme’s old factory buildings in Mistley saved from demolition 11/08/2020
- New Parliamentary inquiry: Supporting our high streets after Covid-19, closes 14/09 11/08/2020
- New uses for Northern Ireland’s oldest surviving synagogue 11/08/2020
- District council wins legal battle after planning inspector miscalculated its housing land supply 11/08/2020
- Apply for the Queen’s Award for Enterprise: Closes 9 September 11/08/2020
- Dismantling planning system will lead to failure of building agenda, warns RTPI 11/08/2020
- Church Monuments Society biennial prize Essay competition 11/08/2020
- Council to consult on the ‘appropriateness’ of some monuments and street names 11/08/2020
- Design Council launches report on ‘what people need from their homes’, for 2030 11/08/2020
- IHBC on England’s ‘Planning for the future’: Aspects to be cautiously welcomed but alarm over local plan proposals founded more on legacy of prejudice than power of evidence 08/08/2020
- IHBC Recognised CPD Provider ESC update for ‘Energy Efficiency for Traditional Buildings’ course dates 08/08/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £5.6+ costed works this week: National cultural body calls for PM etc. services, closing 28/08, valued £1.5-£5M 08/08/2020
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Scottish capital’s historic observatory set to be transformed into artistic retreat 08/08/2020
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: From empty shops to ‘vibrant’ restaurants, as the Lowestoft Masterplan reinvigorates the town 08/08/2020
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Crowdfunder launched to aid legal challenge bid over Manston airport development consent 08/08/2020
- Government rules out VAT reduction on domestic work: Could cost the exchequer £6Bn annually 08/08/2020
- Trustee vacancies at Architectural Heritage Fund (x2): includes conservation, architectural history skills etc., closing 24 August 08/08/2020
- Hundreds of employers sign up for Construction Leadership Council’s Talent Retention Scheme 08/08/2020
- Grand Bequest: Could this new app be the key to saving Edinburgh’s crumbling and at-risk historic buildings? 08/08/2020
- Suffolk Coast and Heaths: England’s first ‘beauty extension’ since 1991 08/08/2020
Daily Archives: 05/05/2020
Shape our future! Share, promote, like and celebrate IHBC’s 2020 Virtual School – ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’… from a Global Pandemic – across your networks
Remember that the best way to support your career and aspirations after the pandemic is to shape them now, so let all your networks know about our @IHBCTweet #IHBCVirtualSchool2020 ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’… from a Global Pandemic, on 19 … Continue reading
IHBC ‘Members with benefits’: 15% off ‘Building Conservation’ courses from CIOB Academy’s ‘Online classroom’ – 2/3 June, 2/7 July
The CIOB Academy continues its support for IHBC members’ CPD on select courses, offering members 15% off forthcoming courses in Building Conservation and Project Management simply using the code below, with the next available dates of 2-3 June, and 6-7 … Continue reading
Northern Ireland Environment Link (NIEL) has issued the results of a Coronavirus Impact Survey of environment and conservation organisations in Northern Ireland (NI).
The Office for National Statistics (ONS) is producing information on how society and the economy are being affected during the coronavirus pandemic, with a blog post exploring the latest insights from ONS data by Iain Bell, Deputy National Statistician at … Continue reading
The Construction Leadership Council (CLC) has convened a Construction Industry Task Force to provide a focal point for co-ordinating the industry response to Covid19, and to facilitate communication between the industry and Government.
Via UK Construction Week, Michael Riordan, UK managing director of construction consultancy Linesight, offers some important steps to take to protect sites, projects and businesses during the coronavirus pandemic. image: Open government Licence v3.0
Hayao Miyazaki’s Studio Ghibli Releases free backgrounds for virtual meetings: Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away & More.
The Heritage Alliance (THA) has issued the summary of its April ‘Heritage Chat’, which covered the ‘immediate and longer-term issues that heritage sector organisations… are facing due to COVID-19.
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – our Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition quality assurance scheme for heritage services working to the IHBC’s standards – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’ that include notices gleaned from across the development … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Shock and dismay as historic monument vandalised with ‘stay at home’ message
Shock and dismay have been expressed after an historic Somerset monument was vandalised with a “stay at home” message, writes Somerset Live.
The Consultation Institute (TCI) has issued an update on how social media engagement should complement existing consultation processes.
Designing Buildings Wiki (DBW), host platform for the IHBC’s Conservation Wiki, both seeks and offers help in developing a resource for commonly used acronyms in the construction industry.
Tourism Minister Nigel Huddleston has launched a new emergency fund to support local tourism organisations throughout the coronavirus outbreak.
The Construction Industry Council (CIC) is publishing its Low Value Disputes Model Adjudication Procedure via a Webinar.
Spring is a good time to stand back and consider any building repairs that are required over the next 12 months, notes the Listed Property Owners Club (LPOC), and regular inspection and maintenance is the key to keeping homes in … Continue reading