Search the archive
IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
Unless made explicit, IHBC NewsBlogs are not IHBC endorsements.
- IHBC’s 2021 Yearbook : 5000+ key players learn more about the IHBC, introduced by HE’s Duncan Wilson OBE 07/12/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ from IHBC’s 2022 School: Aberdeen Art Gallery named Scotland’s building of the year’ 07/12/2021
- IHBC features ‘Heritage form the Charity doorstep’! EH- pandemic ‘knocked us off course’ but now we are ‘stronger and wiser’ 07/12/2021
- Lord Bichard leads RICS ‘Independent Review’ into governance & purpose 07/12/2021
- Article 4 Direction confirmed to protect Hemel Town Centre 07/12/2021
- Blackpool promenade shut after building partial collapse 07/12/2021
- £240K boost for communities as Scottish heritage projects awarded funding 07/12/2021
- CIC commends 40 signatories of its climate action plan 07/12/2021
- Carbon survey reports that some businesses are reluctant to address emissions 07/12/2021
- Historic England Annual Report and Accounts 2020-2021 07/12/2021
- More than £1bn needed to make the UK’s theatre buildings sustainable 07/12/2021
- IHBC’s new CPD Circular now out: Accessible cross-sector support, from NI events for all (9/12) to podcasts & more 03/12/2021
- IHBC welcomes Eilish McGuinness as new Heritage Fund CEO 03/12/2021
- IHBC welcomes Aberdeen Art Gallery success with Andrew Doolan Best Building in Scotland Award 03/12/2021
- IHBC welcomes ‘groundbreaking’ heritage & research virtual conference from ICSM CHC, 6-10 December 03/12/2021
- IHBC says: ‘Please check your contact details, for the Yearbook and more, by 17/12’ 03/12/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £137K+ works this week: Heritage property lead seeks masterplans, closing 20/12, valued £40-100K 03/12/2021
- IHBC features ‘Heritage form the restorer’s doorstep’! ‘Faithful reinstatement’ preferred option for GSA Mackintosh Building 03/12/2021
- New Chief Planning Inspector of new Welsh Government body appointed 03/12/2021
- MPs require all new buildings to have renewables from next year 03/12/2021
- Campaigners call for new law to empower communities 03/12/2021
- BRE helps build new embodied carbon database 03/12/2021
- IHBC@COP26 Helpdesk+ signpost: COP26 looks back at what was achieved 30/11/2021
- IHBC consultation responds to ‘Supporting defence infrastructure and the future of time-limited permitted development rights’ 30/11/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ double-up: HESPR’s ‘free 15 minutes advice’ project’ and #IHBC Aberdeen 2022 MarketPlace 30/11/2021
Daily Archives: 05/05/2020
Shape our future! Share, promote, like and celebrate IHBC’s 2020 Virtual School – ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’… from a Global Pandemic – across your networks
Remember that the best way to support your career and aspirations after the pandemic is to shape them now, so let all your networks know about our @IHBCTweet #IHBCVirtualSchool2020 ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’… from a Global Pandemic, on 19 … Continue reading
IHBC ‘Members with benefits’: 15% off ‘Building Conservation’ courses from CIOB Academy’s ‘Online classroom’ – 2/3 June, 2/7 July
The CIOB Academy continues its support for IHBC members’ CPD on select courses, offering members 15% off forthcoming courses in Building Conservation and Project Management simply using the code below, with the next available dates of 2-3 June, and 6-7 … Continue reading
Northern Ireland Environment Link (NIEL) has issued the results of a Coronavirus Impact Survey of environment and conservation organisations in Northern Ireland (NI).
The Office for National Statistics (ONS) is producing information on how society and the economy are being affected during the coronavirus pandemic, with a blog post exploring the latest insights from ONS data by Iain Bell, Deputy National Statistician at … Continue reading
The Construction Leadership Council (CLC) has convened a Construction Industry Task Force to provide a focal point for co-ordinating the industry response to Covid19, and to facilitate communication between the industry and Government.
Via UK Construction Week, Michael Riordan, UK managing director of construction consultancy Linesight, offers some important steps to take to protect sites, projects and businesses during the coronavirus pandemic. image: Open government Licence v3.0
Hayao Miyazaki’s Studio Ghibli Releases free backgrounds for virtual meetings: Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away & More.
The Heritage Alliance (THA) has issued the summary of its April ‘Heritage Chat’, which covered the ‘immediate and longer-term issues that heritage sector organisations… are facing due to COVID-19.
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – our Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition quality assurance scheme for heritage services working to the IHBC’s standards – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’ that include notices gleaned from across the development … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Shock and dismay as historic monument vandalised with ‘stay at home’ message
Shock and dismay have been expressed after an historic Somerset monument was vandalised with a “stay at home” message, writes Somerset Live.
The Consultation Institute (TCI) has issued an update on how social media engagement should complement existing consultation processes.
Designing Buildings Wiki (DBW), host platform for the IHBC’s Conservation Wiki, both seeks and offers help in developing a resource for commonly used acronyms in the construction industry.
Tourism Minister Nigel Huddleston has launched a new emergency fund to support local tourism organisations throughout the coronavirus outbreak.
The Construction Industry Council (CIC) is publishing its Low Value Disputes Model Adjudication Procedure via a Webinar.
Spring is a good time to stand back and consider any building repairs that are required over the next 12 months, notes the Listed Property Owners Club (LPOC), and regular inspection and maintenance is the key to keeping homes in … Continue reading