Search the archive
IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
Unless made explicit, IHBC NewsBlogs are not IHBC endorsements.
- IHBC’s new CPD Circular School Edition update: Lord Kerslake welcomes; School sponsors MFL Affinity takes MarketPlace Stall, and much more! 16/06/2021
- ‘Single Seminar’ options at 17 June School @ £10+VAT: Asset management OR Retrofit OR 21st Century education & training OR Communities and Campaigning! 16/06/2021
- IHBC’s heritage from Design to Economics, from £30+VAT: Jan Gehl (Design) + Donovan Rypkema (Economics) + High Streets + Lottery + Local listing + Participation – Book now and ask questions early! 16/06/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick: News selection form IHBC virtual 2021 School MarketPlace Stallholder Designing Buildings Wiki 16/06/2021
- IHBC’s features ‘Heritage from the (construction) doorstep’: Video marks end of Inverness Townscape Heritage Project 16/06/2021
- RTPI announces launch of new network for politicians involved in planning 16/06/2021
- Design Council: Using design as a force for change 16/06/2021
- CITB on Levy Proposals and Consultation 16/06/2021
- BSI: New competence standards for work in buildings 16/06/2021
- Government urged to support creation of thousands of new green jobs in areas with greatest employment challenges 16/06/2021
- IHBC Signpost: Leonardo da Vinci Designs the Ideal City: See 3D Models of His Radical Design 16/06/2021
- Fancy a freebie at the IHBC’s Virtual School? #IHBCBrighton2021 or can’t attend live?Just ask the best question by 17/06 and get the fee back! 11/06/2021
- Connecting conservation across continents: Roundup by Rypkema & PlaceEconomics – from Reading Gaol to the ’21 Tulsa Race Massacre, linked at IHBC’s virtual 2021 School on 18/06! 11/06/2021
- Customised learning at IHBC’s School Heritage MarketPlace, 18/06: Tell our MarketPlace Stallholders what you want! 11/06/2021
- REMINDER: Single Seminar’ options at 17 June School #IHBCBrighton2021 @ £10+VAT: Asset management OR Retrofit OR 21st Century education & training OR Communities and Campaigning! 11/06/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £872.5K+ costed works this week: Park Authority seeks Walkover Surveys, valued from £1250 11/06/2021
- Demolition of ‘beautiful’ historic and protected cottage leads to prosecution of East Meon developer 11/06/2021
- Parliamentary report on England’s planning reforms: ‘Reconsider the three areas proposal’ and publish impact assessment on historic buildings and sites 11/06/2021
- AHF 2020/21 ‘Impact Report’ now out: To ‘evaluate our overarching impact’ 11/06/2021
- HES: New plan to promote equality, diversity and inclusion from IHBC School MarketPlace Stallholder 11/06/2021
- Now out: Biodiversity in new housing developments: creating wildlife-friendly communities 11/06/2021
- IHBC signpost Dave Stitt opinion piece via IHBC School MarketPlace Stallholder CIOB Academy: Six questions construction leaders should ask themselves about quality 11/06/2021
- #IHBCBrighton2021 welcomes more virtual ‘Heritage MarketPlace’ stalls and learning: Lottery, CIOB Academy, HE, HES, BEFS, ICON, YALE UP, IHBC’s CPP APPG, Energy Savers, DB Wiki, HTN, THA, Hirst & Murphy Associates – offering dedicated virtual sessions from casework, products and practice to BPNs, advocacy, funding priorities and more! 08/06/2021
- IHBC’s CPD Circular now out: 2021 School updates Cost-effective cross-sector support, with free sign up/events listings. 08/06/2021
- REMINDER: Single Seminar’ options at 17 June School #IHBCBrighton2021 @ £10+VAT: Asset management OR Retrofit OR 21st Century education & training OR Communities and Campaigning! 08/06/2021
Daily Archives: 15/05/2020
Shape your future and ours! Share, promote, like and celebrate IHBC’s 2020 Virtual School – ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’… from a Global Pandemic – across your widest networks
Remember that the best way to support your career and aspirations after the pandemic is to shape them now, so let all your networks know about our @IHBCTweet #IHBCVirtualSchool2020 ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’… from a Global Pandemic, on 19 June, … Continue reading
IHBC launches ‘Position Statement’ on Sustainability and Conservation of the Historic Built Environment’ on our practitioner ToolBox
The IHBC has launched its ‘Position Statement’ on Sustainability and Conservation of the Historic Built Environment, to help shape sector-wide policy directions, on our cross-sector practitioner support service, the ‘ToolBox’.
Northern Ireland’s (NI) ‘Live Here Love Here’ Small Grants Scheme takes a fresh approach to improving our local environment and building a sense of pride in our local communities will close on the 18th May.
A raft of new measures to help employers retain skilled young workers and allow training to take place through the Covid-19 crisis has been given the green light. image for illustration purposes only – IHBC
Leading engineering services sector bodies ECA and BESA have jointly developed two new guides to help contractors to manage coronavirus-related issues on site.
Scottish housebuilder Springfield has secured funding to last out crisis for 12 month shutdown. image for illustration purposes only UK Government Open Licence v3.0
IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 59: England’s £250M update on £2Bn UK package to create new era for cycling and walking
Alternative ways to travel, such as walking and cycling, could relieve the pressure on public transport, as the Department for Transport (DfT) announces a £250 million emergency active travel fund for England, part of the ‘largest ever boost for cyclists … Continue reading
IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 60: NTS confirms emergency measures, including 459 redundancy risks and property sales
The National Trust for Scotland (NTS) has instituted ‘emergency measures’ – including redundancy risks to 459 permanent staff – as expected income losses for the year are of a level similar to the Trust’s current financial reserves.
In a time where the global impact of the coronavirus has affected our ability live, work and do business, UK Construction Week asked the design community to share experiences of the new reality we are currently living.
IHBC’s HESPR pick this week from £30M+ costed works: Research into regional construction firms working with traditional buildings, closing 31/05, value £12-18K
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – our Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition quality assurance scheme for heritage services working to the IHBC’s standards – emails its members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, and the IHBC Director’s top pick this … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Public ownership of Swindon’s GII* Mechanics’ Institute closer with CPO vote
Public ownership of Swindon’s crumbling Mechanics’ Institute, the Grade II* (GII*) listed Victorian building in Emlyn Square, Swindon has moved a step closer with a vote on a compulsory purchase order (CPO), The Swindon Advertiser reports.
A new survey by Place Alliance, Civic Voice and others has been issued, exploring ‘how well or poorly the design of our home environments… have been supporting us during the period of lockdown’.
The RICS Dispute Resolution Service (DRS) has implemented an adjudication service in the hope of making adjudication more affordable for smaller construction firms.