Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC submits response to ‘Parliament Restoration and Renewal’ plans review 11/08/2020
- IHBC welcomes 8th Edinburgh Traditional Building Festival 11/08/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick of the week: Government rules out VAT reduction on domestic work, from Building 11/08/2020
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Heritage group to spend £120k to restore Martello Tower 11/08/2020
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: PLBC granted for Dover’s Maison Dieu restoration 11/08/2020
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Edme’s old factory buildings in Mistley saved from demolition 11/08/2020
- New Parliamentary inquiry: Supporting our high streets after Covid-19, closes 14/09 11/08/2020
- New uses for Northern Ireland’s oldest surviving synagogue 11/08/2020
- District council wins legal battle after planning inspector miscalculated its housing land supply 11/08/2020
- Apply for the Queen’s Award for Enterprise: Closes 9 September 11/08/2020
- Dismantling planning system will lead to failure of building agenda, warns RTPI 11/08/2020
- Church Monuments Society biennial prize Essay competition 11/08/2020
- Council to consult on the ‘appropriateness’ of some monuments and street names 11/08/2020
- Design Council launches report on ‘what people need from their homes’, for 2030 11/08/2020
- IHBC on England’s ‘Planning for the future’: Aspects to be cautiously welcomed but alarm over local plan proposals founded more on legacy of prejudice than power of evidence 08/08/2020
- IHBC Recognised CPD Provider ESC update for ‘Energy Efficiency for Traditional Buildings’ course dates 08/08/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £5.6+ costed works this week: National cultural body calls for PM etc. services, closing 28/08, valued £1.5-£5M 08/08/2020
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Scottish capital’s historic observatory set to be transformed into artistic retreat 08/08/2020
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: From empty shops to ‘vibrant’ restaurants, as the Lowestoft Masterplan reinvigorates the town 08/08/2020
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Crowdfunder launched to aid legal challenge bid over Manston airport development consent 08/08/2020
- Government rules out VAT reduction on domestic work: Could cost the exchequer £6Bn annually 08/08/2020
- Trustee vacancies at Architectural Heritage Fund (x2): includes conservation, architectural history skills etc., closing 24 August 08/08/2020
- Hundreds of employers sign up for Construction Leadership Council’s Talent Retention Scheme 08/08/2020
- Grand Bequest: Could this new app be the key to saving Edinburgh’s crumbling and at-risk historic buildings? 08/08/2020
- Suffolk Coast and Heaths: England’s first ‘beauty extension’ since 1991 08/08/2020
Daily Archives: 26/05/2020
#IHBCVirtualSchool2020 CPD Speaker Spotlight: Kris Declercq, Mayor of Roeselare, Belgium, and lead in local High Street renewal, on ‘Government’
Kris Declercq, Mayor of the city of Roeselare (Belgium), will explore the place of government in his ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’ IHBC 2020 School topic on 19 June, so to better understand his role School delegates can explore his … Continue reading
IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick of the week: Milan seeks designs for social distancing devices
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – our Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition quality assurance scheme for heritage services working to the IHBC’s standards – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, including notices gleaned from across the development sector’s … Continue reading
A Charter has been co-produced by the government and the Home Building Federation that commits signatories to safe working whilst COVID-19 remains prevalent.
IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 72: Planning Portal report – Application submissions fall in England and Wales
The Planning Portal has released a report about the impact of COVID-19 on planning applications, its first Planning Market Insight Report.
IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 73: VisitBritain launches campaign ‘Showing love for Great Britain’ for planning post COVID-19
VisitBritain has launched a marketing strategy to get people talking positively about visiting once the COVID-19 crisis has come to an end, and has invited everyone to join the conversation.
The Construction Leadership Council has recently published an updated Site Operating Procedures – SOP v4 – which replaces SOP v3, which is now withdrawn.
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Inspector refuses plan to turn part of listed Beverley shop into a home
A planning inspector has dismissed an appeal to turn part of a 150-year-old shop on one of East Yorkshire’s most ‘architecturally fascinating’ streets into private residential use, writes The Yorkshire Post, saying it would undermine the town centre’s ‘vitality and … Continue reading
Vandals have been defacing a historic grotto in the grounds of Oldway Mansion at Paignton, including painting on the walls and starting fires, reports Devon Live.
The remains of a rare 19th Century dock built for Charles Darwin’s ship HMS Beagle has been recognised as a site of national importance, the BBC reports.
The Royal Town Planning Institute (RTPI) has called on the government to urgently issue planning guidance to prevent unnecessary delays to development and knock-on effects to the economy further down the line.
The Pen Museum in Birmingham’s Jewellery Quarter is at risk of facing closure due to COVID-19 unless funds are raised to keep its doors open to the public.
The Planning Awards’ shortlist has been announced, with presentations to take place on 24 September 2020 in London.