Search the archive
IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
Unless made explicit, IHBC NewsBlogs are not IHBC endorsements.
- IHBC’s new CPD Circular School Edition update: Lord Kerslake welcomes; School sponsors MFL Affinity takes MarketPlace Stall, and much more! 16/06/2021
- ‘Single Seminar’ options at 17 June School @ £10+VAT: Asset management OR Retrofit OR 21st Century education & training OR Communities and Campaigning! 16/06/2021
- IHBC’s heritage from Design to Economics, from £30+VAT: Jan Gehl (Design) + Donovan Rypkema (Economics) + High Streets + Lottery + Local listing + Participation – Book now and ask questions early! 16/06/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick: News selection form IHBC virtual 2021 School MarketPlace Stallholder Designing Buildings Wiki 16/06/2021
- IHBC’s features ‘Heritage from the (construction) doorstep’: Video marks end of Inverness Townscape Heritage Project 16/06/2021
- RTPI announces launch of new network for politicians involved in planning 16/06/2021
- Design Council: Using design as a force for change 16/06/2021
- CITB on Levy Proposals and Consultation 16/06/2021
- BSI: New competence standards for work in buildings 16/06/2021
- Government urged to support creation of thousands of new green jobs in areas with greatest employment challenges 16/06/2021
- IHBC Signpost: Leonardo da Vinci Designs the Ideal City: See 3D Models of His Radical Design 16/06/2021
- Fancy a freebie at the IHBC’s Virtual School? #IHBCBrighton2021 or can’t attend live?Just ask the best question by 17/06 and get the fee back! 11/06/2021
- Connecting conservation across continents: Roundup by Rypkema & PlaceEconomics – from Reading Gaol to the ’21 Tulsa Race Massacre, linked at IHBC’s virtual 2021 School on 18/06! 11/06/2021
- Customised learning at IHBC’s School Heritage MarketPlace, 18/06: Tell our MarketPlace Stallholders what you want! 11/06/2021
- REMINDER: Single Seminar’ options at 17 June School #IHBCBrighton2021 @ £10+VAT: Asset management OR Retrofit OR 21st Century education & training OR Communities and Campaigning! 11/06/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £872.5K+ costed works this week: Park Authority seeks Walkover Surveys, valued from £1250 11/06/2021
- Demolition of ‘beautiful’ historic and protected cottage leads to prosecution of East Meon developer 11/06/2021
- Parliamentary report on England’s planning reforms: ‘Reconsider the three areas proposal’ and publish impact assessment on historic buildings and sites 11/06/2021
- AHF 2020/21 ‘Impact Report’ now out: To ‘evaluate our overarching impact’ 11/06/2021
- HES: New plan to promote equality, diversity and inclusion from IHBC School MarketPlace Stallholder 11/06/2021
- Now out: Biodiversity in new housing developments: creating wildlife-friendly communities 11/06/2021
- IHBC signpost Dave Stitt opinion piece via IHBC School MarketPlace Stallholder CIOB Academy: Six questions construction leaders should ask themselves about quality 11/06/2021
- #IHBCBrighton2021 welcomes more virtual ‘Heritage MarketPlace’ stalls and learning: Lottery, CIOB Academy, HE, HES, BEFS, ICON, YALE UP, IHBC’s CPP APPG, Energy Savers, DB Wiki, HTN, THA, Hirst & Murphy Associates – offering dedicated virtual sessions from casework, products and practice to BPNs, advocacy, funding priorities and more! 08/06/2021
- IHBC’s CPD Circular now out: 2021 School updates Cost-effective cross-sector support, with free sign up/events listings. 08/06/2021
- REMINDER: Single Seminar’ options at 17 June School #IHBCBrighton2021 @ £10+VAT: Asset management OR Retrofit OR 21st Century education & training OR Communities and Campaigning! 08/06/2021
Daily Archives: 26/05/2020
#IHBCVirtualSchool2020 CPD Speaker Spotlight: Kris Declercq, Mayor of Roeselare, Belgium, and lead in local High Street renewal, on ‘Government’
Kris Declercq, Mayor of the city of Roeselare (Belgium), will explore the place of government in his ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’ IHBC 2020 School topic on 19 June, so to better understand his role School delegates can explore his … Continue reading
IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick of the week: Milan seeks designs for social distancing devices
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – our Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition quality assurance scheme for heritage services working to the IHBC’s standards – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, including notices gleaned from across the development sector’s … Continue reading
A Charter has been co-produced by the government and the Home Building Federation that commits signatories to safe working whilst COVID-19 remains prevalent.
IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 72: Planning Portal report – Application submissions fall in England and Wales
The Planning Portal has released a report about the impact of COVID-19 on planning applications, its first Planning Market Insight Report.
IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 73: VisitBritain launches campaign ‘Showing love for Great Britain’ for planning post COVID-19
VisitBritain has launched a marketing strategy to get people talking positively about visiting once the COVID-19 crisis has come to an end, and has invited everyone to join the conversation.
The Construction Leadership Council has recently published an updated Site Operating Procedures – SOP v4 – which replaces SOP v3, which is now withdrawn.
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Inspector refuses plan to turn part of listed Beverley shop into a home
A planning inspector has dismissed an appeal to turn part of a 150-year-old shop on one of East Yorkshire’s most ‘architecturally fascinating’ streets into private residential use, writes The Yorkshire Post, saying it would undermine the town centre’s ‘vitality and … Continue reading
Vandals have been defacing a historic grotto in the grounds of Oldway Mansion at Paignton, including painting on the walls and starting fires, reports Devon Live.
The remains of a rare 19th Century dock built for Charles Darwin’s ship HMS Beagle has been recognised as a site of national importance, the BBC reports.
The Royal Town Planning Institute (RTPI) has called on the government to urgently issue planning guidance to prevent unnecessary delays to development and knock-on effects to the economy further down the line.
The Pen Museum in Birmingham’s Jewellery Quarter is at risk of facing closure due to COVID-19 unless funds are raised to keep its doors open to the public.
The Planning Awards’ shortlist has been announced, with presentations to take place on 24 September 2020 in London.