Search the archive
IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
Unless made explicit, IHBC NewsBlogs are not IHBC endorsements.
- IHBC’s new CPD Circular School Edition update: Lord Kerslake welcomes; School sponsors MFL Affinity takes MarketPlace Stall, and much more! 16/06/2021
- ‘Single Seminar’ options at 17 June School @ £10+VAT: Asset management OR Retrofit OR 21st Century education & training OR Communities and Campaigning! 16/06/2021
- IHBC’s heritage from Design to Economics, from £30+VAT: Jan Gehl (Design) + Donovan Rypkema (Economics) + High Streets + Lottery + Local listing + Participation – Book now and ask questions early! 16/06/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick: News selection form IHBC virtual 2021 School MarketPlace Stallholder Designing Buildings Wiki 16/06/2021
- IHBC’s features ‘Heritage from the (construction) doorstep’: Video marks end of Inverness Townscape Heritage Project 16/06/2021
- RTPI announces launch of new network for politicians involved in planning 16/06/2021
- Design Council: Using design as a force for change 16/06/2021
- CITB on Levy Proposals and Consultation 16/06/2021
- BSI: New competence standards for work in buildings 16/06/2021
- Government urged to support creation of thousands of new green jobs in areas with greatest employment challenges 16/06/2021
- IHBC Signpost: Leonardo da Vinci Designs the Ideal City: See 3D Models of His Radical Design 16/06/2021
- Fancy a freebie at the IHBC’s Virtual School? #IHBCBrighton2021 or can’t attend live?Just ask the best question by 17/06 and get the fee back! 11/06/2021
- Connecting conservation across continents: Roundup by Rypkema & PlaceEconomics – from Reading Gaol to the ’21 Tulsa Race Massacre, linked at IHBC’s virtual 2021 School on 18/06! 11/06/2021
- Customised learning at IHBC’s School Heritage MarketPlace, 18/06: Tell our MarketPlace Stallholders what you want! 11/06/2021
- REMINDER: Single Seminar’ options at 17 June School #IHBCBrighton2021 @ £10+VAT: Asset management OR Retrofit OR 21st Century education & training OR Communities and Campaigning! 11/06/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £872.5K+ costed works this week: Park Authority seeks Walkover Surveys, valued from £1250 11/06/2021
- Demolition of ‘beautiful’ historic and protected cottage leads to prosecution of East Meon developer 11/06/2021
- Parliamentary report on England’s planning reforms: ‘Reconsider the three areas proposal’ and publish impact assessment on historic buildings and sites 11/06/2021
- AHF 2020/21 ‘Impact Report’ now out: To ‘evaluate our overarching impact’ 11/06/2021
- HES: New plan to promote equality, diversity and inclusion from IHBC School MarketPlace Stallholder 11/06/2021
- Now out: Biodiversity in new housing developments: creating wildlife-friendly communities 11/06/2021
- IHBC signpost Dave Stitt opinion piece via IHBC School MarketPlace Stallholder CIOB Academy: Six questions construction leaders should ask themselves about quality 11/06/2021
- #IHBCBrighton2021 welcomes more virtual ‘Heritage MarketPlace’ stalls and learning: Lottery, CIOB Academy, HE, HES, BEFS, ICON, YALE UP, IHBC’s CPP APPG, Energy Savers, DB Wiki, HTN, THA, Hirst & Murphy Associates – offering dedicated virtual sessions from casework, products and practice to BPNs, advocacy, funding priorities and more! 08/06/2021
- IHBC’s CPD Circular now out: 2021 School updates Cost-effective cross-sector support, with free sign up/events listings. 08/06/2021
- REMINDER: Single Seminar’ options at 17 June School #IHBCBrighton2021 @ £10+VAT: Asset management OR Retrofit OR 21st Century education & training OR Communities and Campaigning! 08/06/2021
Daily Archives: 29/05/2020
IHBC’s Virtual School, #IHBCVirtualSchool2020, times not convenient? Delegate recordings support ‘CPD when suits’, explore planning for people and places, around a global pandemic (from only £15+VAT)
If you cannot make the IHBC’s 2020 Virtual School ‘Old Towns | New Futures’… Reflections and Speculations from a Global Pandemic, on 19 June, remember that delegates still get great value (from only £15+VAT) with recordings to review for CPD … Continue reading
A substantial contribution to case law has been made in the context of a Supreme Court judgment relating to a pair of Grade II (GII) listed lead urns on pedestals at Idlicote House, Shipston-on-Stour, also listed GII, that had been … Continue reading
IHBC welcomes BEFS’ new ‘COVID Historic Environment Response Forum’ (CHERF), chaired by Prof Ian Baxter
The IHBC has welcomed the new initiative by BEFS to consolidate and lead responses to the pandemic in Scotland’s built heritage sector through its new COVID-19 Historic Environment Response Forum (CHERF), chaired by Prof Ian Baxter, a member of the … Continue reading
The IHBC has submitted a response to the Historic England (HE) consultation on Tall Buildings
IHBC’s HESPR pick this week from £1.1M+ costed works: Council seeks Design Review Panel support, valued £450K, closing 23 June
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – our Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition quality assurance scheme for heritage services working to the IHBC’s standards – emails its members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, and the IHBC Director’s top pick this … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Protection for Hepworth studio helps shine light on Wakefield, says Pontefract… Express
A studio owned by Wakefield’s Dame Barbara Hepworth has been granted a new protected status.
IHBC CPD boost: Mainstream commercial property values, for BPTs and other heritage property bodies, via DBW
In times of economic uncertainty, selling a commercial property can be more difficult and the summary and tips via Designing Buildings Wiki (DBW) – the construction industry knowledge base and host platform for the IHBC’s own Conservation Wiki – may … Continue reading
Historic Environment Scotland (HES) has published preliminary findings from its research into the impact of COVID-19 on the country’s heritage sector.
England’s Culture Secretary has announced representatives from the arts, cultural and sporting worlds who will join a new taskforce aimed at helping getting the country’s recreation and leisure sector up and running again.
The UK had lifestyle and business operating restrictions imposed on 23 March 2020, which have had a significant impact on the planning and construction industries, as now reviewed in a report from the Planning Portal. image: for illustration purposes only … Continue reading
In partnership with the Planning Advisory Service (PAS), planning consultancy Lichfields has developed a ‘live tracker on how Councils are working through the COVID-19 pandemic and beyond’.
BDP’s £4 billion refurbishment of the Houses of Parliament could be shelved in favour of a downsized scheme, media has reported. image: Parliamentary copyright images are reproduced with the permission of Parliament
Thanks to today’s technology, the Royal Parks can now offer a virtual tour of the Crystal Palace.