Search the archive
IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
Unless made explicit, IHBC NewsBlogs are not IHBC endorsements.
- IHBC’s 2021 Yearbook : 5000+ key players learn more about the IHBC, introduced by HE’s Duncan Wilson OBE 07/12/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ from IHBC’s 2022 School: Aberdeen Art Gallery named Scotland’s building of the year’ 07/12/2021
- IHBC features ‘Heritage form the Charity doorstep’! EH- pandemic ‘knocked us off course’ but now we are ‘stronger and wiser’ 07/12/2021
- Lord Bichard leads RICS ‘Independent Review’ into governance & purpose 07/12/2021
- Article 4 Direction confirmed to protect Hemel Town Centre 07/12/2021
- Blackpool promenade shut after building partial collapse 07/12/2021
- £240K boost for communities as Scottish heritage projects awarded funding 07/12/2021
- CIC commends 40 signatories of its climate action plan 07/12/2021
- Carbon survey reports that some businesses are reluctant to address emissions 07/12/2021
- Historic England Annual Report and Accounts 2020-2021 07/12/2021
- More than £1bn needed to make the UK’s theatre buildings sustainable 07/12/2021
- IHBC’s new CPD Circular now out: Accessible cross-sector support, from NI events for all (9/12) to podcasts & more 03/12/2021
- IHBC welcomes Eilish McGuinness as new Heritage Fund CEO 03/12/2021
- IHBC welcomes Aberdeen Art Gallery success with Andrew Doolan Best Building in Scotland Award 03/12/2021
- IHBC welcomes ‘groundbreaking’ heritage & research virtual conference from ICSM CHC, 6-10 December 03/12/2021
- IHBC says: ‘Please check your contact details, for the Yearbook and more, by 17/12’ 03/12/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £137K+ works this week: Heritage property lead seeks masterplans, closing 20/12, valued £40-100K 03/12/2021
- IHBC features ‘Heritage form the restorer’s doorstep’! ‘Faithful reinstatement’ preferred option for GSA Mackintosh Building 03/12/2021
- New Chief Planning Inspector of new Welsh Government body appointed 03/12/2021
- MPs require all new buildings to have renewables from next year 03/12/2021
- Campaigners call for new law to empower communities 03/12/2021
- BRE helps build new embodied carbon database 03/12/2021
- IHBC@COP26 Helpdesk+ signpost: COP26 looks back at what was achieved 30/11/2021
- IHBC consultation responds to ‘Supporting defence infrastructure and the future of time-limited permitted development rights’ 30/11/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ double-up: HESPR’s ‘free 15 minutes advice’ project’ and #IHBC Aberdeen 2022 MarketPlace 30/11/2021
Daily Archives: 29/05/2020
IHBC’s Virtual School, #IHBCVirtualSchool2020, times not convenient? Delegate recordings support ‘CPD when suits’, explore planning for people and places, around a global pandemic (from only £15+VAT)
If you cannot make the IHBC’s 2020 Virtual School ‘Old Towns | New Futures’… Reflections and Speculations from a Global Pandemic, on 19 June, remember that delegates still get great value (from only £15+VAT) with recordings to review for CPD … Continue reading
A substantial contribution to case law has been made in the context of a Supreme Court judgment relating to a pair of Grade II (GII) listed lead urns on pedestals at Idlicote House, Shipston-on-Stour, also listed GII, that had been … Continue reading
IHBC welcomes BEFS’ new ‘COVID Historic Environment Response Forum’ (CHERF), chaired by Prof Ian Baxter
The IHBC has welcomed the new initiative by BEFS to consolidate and lead responses to the pandemic in Scotland’s built heritage sector through its new COVID-19 Historic Environment Response Forum (CHERF), chaired by Prof Ian Baxter, a member of the … Continue reading
The IHBC has submitted a response to the Historic England (HE) consultation on Tall Buildings
IHBC’s HESPR pick this week from £1.1M+ costed works: Council seeks Design Review Panel support, valued £450K, closing 23 June
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – our Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition quality assurance scheme for heritage services working to the IHBC’s standards – emails its members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, and the IHBC Director’s top pick this … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Protection for Hepworth studio helps shine light on Wakefield, says Pontefract… Express
A studio owned by Wakefield’s Dame Barbara Hepworth has been granted a new protected status.
IHBC CPD boost: Mainstream commercial property values, for BPTs and other heritage property bodies, via DBW
In times of economic uncertainty, selling a commercial property can be more difficult and the summary and tips via Designing Buildings Wiki (DBW) – the construction industry knowledge base and host platform for the IHBC’s own Conservation Wiki – may … Continue reading
Historic Environment Scotland (HES) has published preliminary findings from its research into the impact of COVID-19 on the country’s heritage sector.
England’s Culture Secretary has announced representatives from the arts, cultural and sporting worlds who will join a new taskforce aimed at helping getting the country’s recreation and leisure sector up and running again.
The UK had lifestyle and business operating restrictions imposed on 23 March 2020, which have had a significant impact on the planning and construction industries, as now reviewed in a report from the Planning Portal. image: for illustration purposes only … Continue reading
In partnership with the Planning Advisory Service (PAS), planning consultancy Lichfields has developed a ‘live tracker on how Councils are working through the COVID-19 pandemic and beyond’.
BDP’s £4 billion refurbishment of the Houses of Parliament could be shelved in favour of a downsized scheme, media has reported. image: Parliamentary copyright images are reproduced with the permission of Parliament
Thanks to today’s technology, the Royal Parks can now offer a virtual tour of the Crystal Palace.