Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- DBW highlights IHBC-ALGAO:UK partnership to12.5+K registered users across construction & development: Promoting LAs in conservation and the HE 07/07/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick of the week: Contractor’s COVID-19 tests positive for 53% 07/07/2020
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Weston’s Birnbeck Pier could have new owner as Council consider CPO 07/07/2020
- BEFS highlights lack of R&M in ‘Economy for Scotland: Report’ despite advocacy 07/07/2020
- RIAS Elects Youngest Ever Candidate as President 07/07/2020
- Built Environment Forum Scotland (BEFS) and partners awarded £0.5M by NLHF for ‘building the resilience of the heritage sector’ 07/07/2020
- Historic Houses on 70th Anniversary of the Gowers Report 07/07/2020
- Scotland’s free resource to help UK construction sector attract more women into industry 07/07/2020
- Nominations for 7 Most Endangered 2021 programme closes 7 September: ‘Let’s save Europe’s endangered heritage sites together’, says Europa Nostra 07/07/2020
- Scotland invests £78m to help construction sector return to work 07/07/2020
- MPs are asked for views on £4bn Parliament restoration plan 07/07/2020
- AA director loses two votes of no confidence 07/07/2020
- IHBC Chair reports on your institute ‘Promoting CPD During Lockdown’ via HE 03/07/2020
- IHBC highlights demand for HE’s new & concise guidance on ‘Enabling Development…’ (‘GPA 4’) 03/07/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR pick this week from £23.8M+ costed works: English DC seeks Landscape Architects for urban works, closing 27 July, valued £25-50K 03/07/2020
- IHBC CPD Boost: Local Government Lawyer on amending street names and removing statues 03/07/2020
- PM announces England’s ‘Build, Build, Build’ strategy to beat the pandemic 03/07/2020
- Build, Build, Build Needs Repair, Repair, Repair, says FMB 03/07/2020
- Jenrick on England’s building and coronavirus recovery 03/07/2020
- England’s councils’ planning powers under threat 03/07/2020
- Don’t let planning deregulation lead to poor quality housing, says CPRE 03/07/2020
- HE on new PDRs: The essential detail, from their Planning Bulletin 03/07/2020
- COVID-19 survey shows ‘significant’ impact on Scotland’s heritage sector 03/07/2020
- International Women in Engineering Day 2020 03/07/2020
- Tony Pidgley CBE, 1947-2020: ‘a man always ahead of the game’! 03/07/2020
Daily Archives: 02/06/2020
#IHBCVirtualSchool2020 CPD Speaker Spotlight: Carole Souter CBE, on ‘Community’, including heritage roles and resources, local and global…
Carole Souter, Master of St Cross College, Oxford, was previously the Chief Executive of the National Heritage Memorial Fund and Heritage Lottery Fund (HLF) – now the National Lottery Heritage Fund – leading national heritage funding bodies in the UK, … Continue reading
The IHBC has welcomed the appointment of David Tittle as Chief Executive Officer for the Heritage Trust Network (HTN), which he will join at the end of May 2020.
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – our Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition quality assurance scheme for heritage services working to the IHBC’s standards – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, including news from across sector publications, and this … Continue reading
The Isle of Thanet News has encouraged readers to delve into the rich history of Ramsgate over the past 300 years, with a new book from Historic England (HE). Image: IHBC South East Branch
Engaging relevant communities in the research process can have a multitude of benefits explain Dr Sam Illingworth (The University of Western Australia) and Dr Jasjit Singh (University of Leeds), who are currently compiling a toolkit to empower researchers to do … Continue reading
IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 79: Garden Trust on research and conservation of historic landscapes during lockdown
The Garden Trust has highlighted how, even during the lockdown, people can still do a lot of research to help protect our historic landscapes. image: for illustratation purposes only Open Government Licence v3.0
A note on contractual obligations under the current COVID-19 pandemic has been issued by The Chartered Institute of Architectural Technologists(CIAT).
In response to the Prime Minister’s announcement outlining a return to work, the Stone Federation Great Britain has published a short list of links to information essential to help you get back to work safely. image: Stone Specialist website
IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 82: The Consultation Institute on ‘Exit from Lockdown – the case for consultation’
The Consultation Institute has published a Briefing Paper by Rhion Jones and Stephen Hill on ‘Exit after Lockdown – the case for Consultation’.
Guidance from The Federation of Master Builders(FMB) sets out advice to members and their clients about what steps they may want to think about when starting or restarting a building project during the coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis.
Some academics are arguing that preservation policies preventing historic buildings from being fitted with energy-efficient measures added £5.6 billion to energy bills across an eight-year period.