Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- DBW highlights IHBC-ALGAO:UK partnership to12.5+K registered users across construction & development: Promoting LAs in conservation and the HE 07/07/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick of the week: Contractor’s COVID-19 tests positive for 53% 07/07/2020
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Weston’s Birnbeck Pier could have new owner as Council consider CPO 07/07/2020
- BEFS highlights lack of R&M in ‘Economy for Scotland: Report’ despite advocacy 07/07/2020
- RIAS Elects Youngest Ever Candidate as President 07/07/2020
- Built Environment Forum Scotland (BEFS) and partners awarded £0.5M by NLHF for ‘building the resilience of the heritage sector’ 07/07/2020
- Historic Houses on 70th Anniversary of the Gowers Report 07/07/2020
- Scotland’s free resource to help UK construction sector attract more women into industry 07/07/2020
- Nominations for 7 Most Endangered 2021 programme closes 7 September: ‘Let’s save Europe’s endangered heritage sites together’, says Europa Nostra 07/07/2020
- Scotland invests £78m to help construction sector return to work 07/07/2020
- MPs are asked for views on £4bn Parliament restoration plan 07/07/2020
- AA director loses two votes of no confidence 07/07/2020
- IHBC Chair reports on your institute ‘Promoting CPD During Lockdown’ via HE 03/07/2020
- IHBC highlights demand for HE’s new & concise guidance on ‘Enabling Development…’ (‘GPA 4’) 03/07/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR pick this week from £23.8M+ costed works: English DC seeks Landscape Architects for urban works, closing 27 July, valued £25-50K 03/07/2020
- IHBC CPD Boost: Local Government Lawyer on amending street names and removing statues 03/07/2020
- PM announces England’s ‘Build, Build, Build’ strategy to beat the pandemic 03/07/2020
- Build, Build, Build Needs Repair, Repair, Repair, says FMB 03/07/2020
- Jenrick on England’s building and coronavirus recovery 03/07/2020
- England’s councils’ planning powers under threat 03/07/2020
- Don’t let planning deregulation lead to poor quality housing, says CPRE 03/07/2020
- HE on new PDRs: The essential detail, from their Planning Bulletin 03/07/2020
- COVID-19 survey shows ‘significant’ impact on Scotland’s heritage sector 03/07/2020
- International Women in Engineering Day 2020 03/07/2020
- Tony Pidgley CBE, 1947-2020: ‘a man always ahead of the game’! 03/07/2020
Daily Archives: 10/06/2020
As IHBC trustees start planning for beyond the COVID-19 lockdown, IHBC Chair David McDonald has renewed calls for IHBC member and network feedback on pressures and priorities, now with a simple feedback loop: just email the IHBC Director Seán O’Reilly … Continue reading
With the postponement of the IHBC’s 2020 Annual School planned for Brighton, the AGM also is postponed, and trustees have now agreed formally that it will now take place on 3 December, linked to our next planned Council+, at the … Continue reading
IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick of the week: BD reports that ‘Colin Wilson’s other library is listed’
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – our Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition quality assurance scheme for heritage services working to the IHBC’s standards – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, including notices gleaned from across the development sector’s … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doostep’: £1.3M to help revitalise Dunstable, as council secures transparency using IHBC’s ‘Jobs etc.’ service!
Dunstable has one of 69 high streets in England set to be revitalised by a share of a £95m cash injection, reports Dunstable Today, while the council has advertised with on the IHBC’s ‘Jobs etc.’service to ensure transparency for funders.
86% of infrastructure and construction sites in England and Wales are now open, according to figures from trade body Build UK. image: Open Government Licence v3.0
Guidance has been updated with information about how the UK-wide Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme is changing, including giving more security to individuals whose livelihoods are adversely affected by coronavirus.
In response to the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19), England’s Ministry of Housing Communities and Local Government (MHCLG) has published guidance for acquiring authorities on compulsory purchase matters.
Members of the Lords asked the government what steps it was taking to support museums, galleries, and historic buildings open to the public that are affected by the restrictions in place to address the Covid-19 pandemic on Thursday 21 May. … Continue reading
A new survey of ‘the role of evaluation and research in arts, cultural and heritage organisations’, run by by the Centre for Cultural Value in Leeds, is open until Sunday 14 June.
The European Commission and Europa Nostra have announced the winners of the 2020 European Heritage Awards/Europa Nostra Awards, funded by the EU’s Creative Europe programme. image: Europa Nostra © 2020
Leading professional bodies for construction and engineering have joined together to help the industry reduce the costs of conflict, and deliver major infrastructure and property development projects on time and on budget. The Conflict Avoidance Pledge is driving behaviour change … Continue reading
The Government has published a new version of the statutory code of practice for street works, and quietly backtracked on initial plans to increase the guarantee on road openings from two to five years. image: Open Government Licence v3.0
Property magnate Charles Cohen’s €8m renovation of La Pagode cinema in Paris with its celebrated Japanese garden has been branded a ‘massacre’.