Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- DBW highlights IHBC-ALGAO:UK partnership to12.5+K registered users across construction & development: Promoting LAs in conservation and the HE 07/07/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick of the week: Contractor’s COVID-19 tests positive for 53% 07/07/2020
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Weston’s Birnbeck Pier could have new owner as Council consider CPO 07/07/2020
- BEFS highlights lack of R&M in ‘Economy for Scotland: Report’ despite advocacy 07/07/2020
- RIAS Elects Youngest Ever Candidate as President 07/07/2020
- Built Environment Forum Scotland (BEFS) and partners awarded £0.5M by NLHF for ‘building the resilience of the heritage sector’ 07/07/2020
- Historic Houses on 70th Anniversary of the Gowers Report 07/07/2020
- Scotland’s free resource to help UK construction sector attract more women into industry 07/07/2020
- Nominations for 7 Most Endangered 2021 programme closes 7 September: ‘Let’s save Europe’s endangered heritage sites together’, says Europa Nostra 07/07/2020
- Scotland invests £78m to help construction sector return to work 07/07/2020
- MPs are asked for views on £4bn Parliament restoration plan 07/07/2020
- AA director loses two votes of no confidence 07/07/2020
- IHBC Chair reports on your institute ‘Promoting CPD During Lockdown’ via HE 03/07/2020
- IHBC highlights demand for HE’s new & concise guidance on ‘Enabling Development…’ (‘GPA 4’) 03/07/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR pick this week from £23.8M+ costed works: English DC seeks Landscape Architects for urban works, closing 27 July, valued £25-50K 03/07/2020
- IHBC CPD Boost: Local Government Lawyer on amending street names and removing statues 03/07/2020
- PM announces England’s ‘Build, Build, Build’ strategy to beat the pandemic 03/07/2020
- Build, Build, Build Needs Repair, Repair, Repair, says FMB 03/07/2020
- Jenrick on England’s building and coronavirus recovery 03/07/2020
- England’s councils’ planning powers under threat 03/07/2020
- Don’t let planning deregulation lead to poor quality housing, says CPRE 03/07/2020
- HE on new PDRs: The essential detail, from their Planning Bulletin 03/07/2020
- COVID-19 survey shows ‘significant’ impact on Scotland’s heritage sector 03/07/2020
- International Women in Engineering Day 2020 03/07/2020
- Tony Pidgley CBE, 1947-2020: ‘a man always ahead of the game’! 03/07/2020
Daily Archives: 21/06/2020
IHBC’s first ‘Virtual School’, #IHBCVirtualSchool2020: 2020 launch with global and local takes from the pandemic to 700+ delegate places, with thanks to speakers, delegates and Principal Sponsor HCUK Group
The first ‘Virtual School’ hosted by the IHBC was launched on 19 June with lead speakers covering pandemic-related topics shaping valued places to more than 700 delegate places, while offering special thanks to speakers, delegates and Principal Sponsor HCUK Group: … Continue reading
IHBC’s HESPR pick this week from £1.5M+ costed works: Council seeks lead for historic market refurb, valued £65-75K, closing 6 July
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – our Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition quality assurance scheme for heritage services working to the IHBC’s standards – emails its members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, and the IHBC Director’s top pick this … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Caister’s ‘Never turn back’ lifeboat memorial handed proud listed status
The Beauchamp memorial in Caister, for nine lifeboatmen who lost their lives has been added to the nation’s list of buildings of historic interest and has been given Grade II designation, reports the Great Yarmouth Mercury.
A discretionary fund has been set up to accommodate certain small businesses previously outside the scope of the business grant funds scheme.
Historic England has launched a second emergency fund to support the heritage sector recovery from the effects of the Coronavirus pandemic.
The Victorian Society has opened nominations for this years ‘Top 10 Endangered Buildings campaign’. image: Victorian Society website
Plans to build a 26-storey and a 24-storey block on a former London fire brigade headquarters have been blocked by Robert Jenrick, Housing Communities and Local Government Secretary. image: South London News website
ICOMOS and Europa Nostra have announced a new collaboration to develop a ‘European Heritage Green Paper’ on the issue of cultural heritage and climate change, focussing on the role of cultural heritage in achieving the ambitions of the European Green … Continue reading
Charities the length and breadth of Britain have received donations of £1,000 each as part of the Movement for Good awards, set up by specialist insurer Ecclesiastical.
UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) is looking for new council members, with a closing date of 1 July.
The company behind the major Eden Project tourist attraction in Cornwall is to begin work on a feasibility study for a proposed new project in Dundee. image: Airwolfhound / CC BY-SA (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0)
The Londonist asked readers to vote on the city’s ultimate civil engineering projects, and this year’s winner is… Eastcote Town Centre Improvement!