Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- DBW highlights IHBC-ALGAO:UK partnership to12.5+K registered users across construction & development: Promoting LAs in conservation and the HE 07/07/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick of the week: Contractor’s COVID-19 tests positive for 53% 07/07/2020
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Weston’s Birnbeck Pier could have new owner as Council consider CPO 07/07/2020
- BEFS highlights lack of R&M in ‘Economy for Scotland: Report’ despite advocacy 07/07/2020
- RIAS Elects Youngest Ever Candidate as President 07/07/2020
- Built Environment Forum Scotland (BEFS) and partners awarded £0.5M by NLHF for ‘building the resilience of the heritage sector’ 07/07/2020
- Historic Houses on 70th Anniversary of the Gowers Report 07/07/2020
- Scotland’s free resource to help UK construction sector attract more women into industry 07/07/2020
- Nominations for 7 Most Endangered 2021 programme closes 7 September: ‘Let’s save Europe’s endangered heritage sites together’, says Europa Nostra 07/07/2020
- Scotland invests £78m to help construction sector return to work 07/07/2020
- MPs are asked for views on £4bn Parliament restoration plan 07/07/2020
- AA director loses two votes of no confidence 07/07/2020
- IHBC Chair reports on your institute ‘Promoting CPD During Lockdown’ via HE 03/07/2020
- IHBC highlights demand for HE’s new & concise guidance on ‘Enabling Development…’ (‘GPA 4’) 03/07/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR pick this week from £23.8M+ costed works: English DC seeks Landscape Architects for urban works, closing 27 July, valued £25-50K 03/07/2020
- IHBC CPD Boost: Local Government Lawyer on amending street names and removing statues 03/07/2020
- PM announces England’s ‘Build, Build, Build’ strategy to beat the pandemic 03/07/2020
- Build, Build, Build Needs Repair, Repair, Repair, says FMB 03/07/2020
- Jenrick on England’s building and coronavirus recovery 03/07/2020
- England’s councils’ planning powers under threat 03/07/2020
- Don’t let planning deregulation lead to poor quality housing, says CPRE 03/07/2020
- HE on new PDRs: The essential detail, from their Planning Bulletin 03/07/2020
- COVID-19 survey shows ‘significant’ impact on Scotland’s heritage sector 03/07/2020
- International Women in Engineering Day 2020 03/07/2020
- Tony Pidgley CBE, 1947-2020: ‘a man always ahead of the game’! 03/07/2020
Daily Archives: 24/06/2020
The IHBC has successfully concluded its first Virtual School on 19 June, ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’ Reflections and Speculations from a Global Pandemic, sponsored HCUK Group: Heritage Collective, with interim delegate feedback and plans now available.
IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick of the week: Minister wants waterways used for construction freight
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – our Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition quality assurance scheme for heritage services working to the IHBC’s standards – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, including notices gleaned from across the development sector’s … Continue reading
Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea (RBKC) council’s decision to approve replacement for Kensington Odeon with a 63% smaller cinema is a ‘box office balls-up’, argues The Steeple Times.
Historic England (HE) notes that we might not be able to experience all of England’s heritage in person at the moment, but anyone learn from its virtual guide to the buildings of Ove Arup in England (and one beyond!) image: … Continue reading
The government Planning and Advisory service (PAS) has adapted it’s work programme to help you respond to current pandemic challenges.
IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 110: Facilities management solutions that could help prevent or reduce spread of disease
Richard Brayshaw, CAFM sales manager at Excitech, discusses the facilities management solutions which could help prevent or reduce the spread of disease.
London Historic Buildings Trust (LHBT) is delighted to announce that it has been awarded a three year Regional Capacity Building grant by Historic England.
Historic Environment Scotland (HES) has published its designation priorities and plans: ‘Designations 2020 Onwards’.
England’s Design Council has called on Government to establish a design quality unit for England in the pamphlet ‘Delivering Urban Quality, Time to get Serious’.
Guidance has been published for local leaders of the 100 selected towns to prepare for a Town Deal and develop proposals. image: Open Government Licence v3.0
Several councils have promised to review statues, street names and plaques following this week’s Black Lives Matter protests. image: LocalGov website
‘A duty to prepare’: Vital infrastructure must be ready for the future, finds National Infrastructure Commission
The past is not always the best guide to the future and proactive steps are needed to ensure the UK’s infrastructure can remain resilient, according to a new report by the National Infrastructure Commission.
The latest new feature for users of InYourArea has been launched, helping to highlight neighbourhood issues in need of attention.