Search the archive
IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
Unless made explicit, IHBC NewsBlogs are not IHBC endorsements.
- 2021 School delegate survey issued: Top marks for relevance (98.2%), CPD support (83.64%), & Friday (c.94%) 19/10/2021
- IHBC Communications and Outreach Strategy 2021-24 now online 19/10/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick: Dezeen on RIBA ‘Decarbonising’ report 19/10/2021
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Inside the abandoned American cottage that overlooks a North Wales village 19/10/2021
- Welsh Government’s plan to tackle town centre regeneration 19/10/2021
- AHF: We are seeking two new trustees! 19/10/2021
- THA announces Pam Alexander OBE as new Chair 19/10/2021
- HSE: Who is responsible for the death of builders? 19/10/2021
- National Infrastructure Planning Reform Programme: stakeholder survey announced, closing 17/12 19/10/2021
- 30 years in the making: HE opens aerial photography project to the public 19/10/2021
- Support conservation as a climate solution: Volunteers and hosts for IHBC@COP26’s Zoom ‘Conservation Helpdesk+’ still welcome, with guidance now out 15/10/2021
- IHBC responds to Conservation Principles for North Ireland 15/10/2021
- IHBC’s web resource signpost: Quick links and guidance on joining, accreditation and career progress are only a click away! 15/10/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £43K+ works this week: Charity seeks architect for GII refurb, valued £43K, closing 22/10 15/10/2021
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Gateway to historic town centre re-opened following improvement works, as what ‘WAS’ becomes ‘HAZ’ 15/10/2021
- ARB on ‘Modernising architectural education and training’ 15/10/2021
- Department for Levelling Up etc. (DLUHC) on ‘Our Governance’ and Board 15/10/2021
- RICS sets new standards of conduct 15/10/2021
- Scotland’s new Local Place Plans regulations laid in Parliament 15/10/2021
- Elizabeth Tower conservation set to complete in 2022 15/10/2021
- Serious about your staffing plans or career? Stay ahead with ‘IHBC Jobs etc.’, with posts ranging from conservation architects (x2) and Officers (x7+) and seeking Net Zero (HE), Listing (HE) and sustainability skills 12/10/2021
- New Context out, on ‘Conservation leadership by the people’: From Amenity Societies and Wentworth Woodhouse to Kurt Schwitters, Scotland’s Towns, Chester and more 12/10/2021
- Volunteer virtually with IHBC@COP26 on IHBC’s built and historic environment ‘Conservation Helpdesk+’, – because ‘Conserving our Places Conserves our Planet’ 12/10/2021
- IHBC CPD signpost: Gender-Responsive Public Procurement – Can public procurement help solve gender inequality? 12/10/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick: Dezeen on the ‘Conference of Trees at COP26’ 12/10/2021
Daily Archives: 14/07/2020
IHBC’s Conservation Wiki partner, DBW reaches 10,000 articles: Celebrates ‘An interoperable industry
To celebrate the 10,000th article on Designing Buildings Wiki (DBW) – the construction industry knowledge base and host platform for the IHBC’s Conservation Wiki– DBW Director and co-founder Gregor Harvie reviews events that have shaped the industry in the last … Continue reading
Don’t forget – IHBC’s Gus Astley Student Awards 2020 closing date extended to 31 August: Win £500 and a free place on IHBC’s 2021 Brighton School – Simply submit your coursework online!
Due to demand from conservation courses, the closing date for the IHBC’s celebrated annual Gus Astley Student Award is extended to 31 August 2020, so if you have relevant coursework from history and theory to practice or enhancement, from ANY UK … Continue reading
REMINDER: IHBC online registration for ‘Recognised CPD Providers’: Reminder on signing up online, for free!
IHBC online registration for ‘Recognised CPD Providers’: Reminder on signing up online, for free!IHBC’s support for Continuing Professional Development (CPD) includes our online registration for anyone – or any organisation – seeking our free recognition service and listing for CPD … Continue reading
IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick of the week: ‘COE’s European Heritage Days Stories Awards’
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – our Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition quality assurance scheme for heritage services working to the IHBC’s standards – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, including notices gleaned from across the development sector’s … Continue reading
The Consultation Institute (TCI) explores issues around consulting on ‘removing statues from the country’s streetscape’ in light of The Black Lives Matter (BLM) movement.
The Arts and Humanity Research Council (AHRC) Heritage Priority Area has launched a new international design competition which aims to reimagine the role of museums to help society transform to a low carbon future, adapt to the impacts of climate … Continue reading
Anyone can immerse themselves in Scotland’s history from home by exploring the interactive 3D models of towers, tombs, brochs and standing stones from Historic Environment Scotland (HES). image: HES website
Historic England (HE) has awarded West Dean College of Arts and Conservation – part of The Edward James Foundation – a grant of £47,564 to fund a pilot of courses that blend online and on-site approaches to learning, ‘to make … Continue reading
Read our response to the Prime Minister’s announcement of ‘Project Speed’ and changes to the UK planning system.
A total of £7.7 million has been awarded to the first 3 winning organisations in the Whole House Retrofit competition.
Local authorities have written to government calling for urgent grant support for community organisations.
Construction firms in London will be able to apply for a six-month exemption from new Low Emission Zone standards for polluting diggers and bulldozers, amid Covid-19 challenges.