Search the archive
IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
Unless made explicit, IHBC NewsBlogs are not IHBC endorsements.
- Support conservation as a climate solution: Volunteers and hosts for IHBC@COP26’s Zoom ‘Conservation Helpdesk+’ still welcome, with guidance now out 15/10/2021
- IHBC responds to Conservation Principles for North Ireland 15/10/2021
- IHBC’s web resource signpost: Quick links and guidance on joining, accreditation and career progress are only a click away! 15/10/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £43K+ works this week: Charity seeks architect for GII refurb, valued £43K, closing 22/10 15/10/2021
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Gateway to historic town centre re-opened following improvement works, as what ‘WAS’ becomes ‘HAZ’ 15/10/2021
- ARB on ‘Modernising architectural education and training’ 15/10/2021
- Department for Levelling Up etc. (DLUHC) on ‘Our Governance’ and Board 15/10/2021
- RICS sets new standards of conduct 15/10/2021
- Scotland’s new Local Place Plans regulations laid in Parliament 15/10/2021
- Elizabeth Tower conservation set to complete in 2022 15/10/2021
- Serious about your staffing plans or career? Stay ahead with ‘IHBC Jobs etc.’, with posts ranging from conservation architects (x2) and Officers (x7+) and seeking Net Zero (HE), Listing (HE) and sustainability skills 12/10/2021
- New Context out, on ‘Conservation leadership by the people’: From Amenity Societies and Wentworth Woodhouse to Kurt Schwitters, Scotland’s Towns, Chester and more 12/10/2021
- Volunteer virtually with IHBC@COP26 on IHBC’s built and historic environment ‘Conservation Helpdesk+’, – because ‘Conserving our Places Conserves our Planet’ 12/10/2021
- IHBC CPD signpost: Gender-Responsive Public Procurement – Can public procurement help solve gender inequality? 12/10/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick: Dezeen on the ‘Conference of Trees at COP26’ 12/10/2021
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Plans for bridge between Scotland and Northern Ireland scrapped – reports 12/10/2021
- The NCT guide to ‘incredible churches in wild landscapes’, with 200+ churches to visit in UK National Parks 12/10/2021
- Record fine issued to London landlord over planning offence 12/10/2021
- Nearly £60m low carbon growth programme approved for Swansea 12/10/2021
- China vows to curb urban demolitions, preserve cultural heritage 12/10/2021
- IHBC members’ on-line ‘inclusive Council’ invites issued: ‘Join in shaping our activities and plans’ – Wed 13 Oct, 1.30PM on 08/10/2021
- Volunteer virtually with IHBC@COP26 on IHBC’s built and historic environment ‘Conservation Helpdesk+’, – because ‘Conserving our Places Conserves our Planet’ 08/10/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £145K+ works this week: BC seeks governance etc. consultants on heritage project, valued to £25K, closing 25/10 08/10/2021
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the cemetery’s step’: Paris Court Rules Brancusi’s ‘Kiss’ to stay 08/10/2021
- Boris Johnson pledges no homes will be built on green fields 08/10/2021
Daily Archives: 28/07/2020
IHBC’s 2020 Virtual School twitter insights from #IHBCVirtualSchool2020: 1M+ users; 359 tweets; 90 contributors + sponsor HCUK Group’s showcase
Alison McCandlish was the IHBC’s social media support at the IHBC’s 2020 Virtual School, and here she explores the parallel and overlapping public twitter experience, at #IHBCVirtualSchool2020, which boasted an ‘overall reach of… over 1 million users, with 359 tweets… … Continue reading
IHBC says ‘Pass the word on’: Chair sought for England’s Historic Environment Forum, nominations close 4 Sept
England’s collaborative network the Historic Environment Forum (HEF) is looking for an experienced chair to promote collaboration across the historic environment sector and lead on the transition to a new governance model, and the IHBC is encouraging members and colleagues … Continue reading
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – our Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition quality assurance scheme for heritage services working to the IHBC’s standards – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, including notices gleaned from across the development sector’s … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Sheffield’s Hillsborough Park set for a new community café after NLHF support
The National Lottery Heritage Fund (NLHF) has awarded local charity Age UK Sheffield £581K to restore the derelict Grade II Listed Old Coach House building, next to Hillsborough Library reports Sheffield Newsroom.
‘A vision for High Street regeneration’ is being promoted as guidance for the central and local government custodians of town centres, to help achieve ‘a co-ordinated vision that re-connects whole communities to their reinvigorated and vibrant town centres.
A new survey from Historic Houses reveals that the COVID-19 lockdown has had a significant impact on independent historic house visitor attractions.
The UK’s Geospatial Commission has successfully piloted a national underground asset register to improve how civil engineers share data about buried infrastructure, and Neil Brammall, CEO of Utility Survey Exchange Ltd and Holger Kessler, Geoscience Technical Advisor, Geospatial Commission, brings … Continue reading
A new definition of value has been devised by professional bodies from across the construction industry which they hope will drive a transformation in the way decisions are made across the sector.
Coalition for the Energy Efficiency of Buildings(CEEB): ‘financing net-zero carbon and climate-resilient buildings’
The Green Finance Institute has announced the formation of the Coalition for the Energy Efficiency of Buildings (CEEB), which aims to develop the market for financing net-zero carbon and climate-resilient buildings in the UK by accelerating the pace of financial … Continue reading
The Institute of Economic Development (IED) has published its report ‘From the Ground Up -Improving the Delivery of Social Value in Construction’, arguing that construction spend must deliver social value.
Applications will close on 3 August for the final edition of Prosper North, Creative United’s business support programme dedicated to cultural heritage organisations in the North of England.
London Historic Buildings Trust (LHBT) – the London-wide building preservation trust – has appointed five new trustees and created two Vice Chairs to its board to help it achieve its ambitious new strategy.
BIM is a concept that is easy to grasp at the highest level – its potential is boundless, but its execution requires rigour and consistency – and that’s why standards are so crucial, argues Peter Barker, managing director of BIM … Continue reading
Boulouki, the ‘Itinerant Workshop for the Traditional Building Techniques’, which is dedicated to developing good practices for the safeguarding and dissemination of traditional knowledge cultural heritage in remote areas of Greece, is undertaking a fundraising programme.