Search the archive
IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
Unless made explicit, IHBC NewsBlogs are not IHBC endorsements.
- Support conservation as a climate solution: Volunteers and hosts for IHBC@COP26’s Zoom ‘Conservation Helpdesk+’ still welcome, with guidance now out 15/10/2021
- IHBC responds to Conservation Principles for North Ireland 15/10/2021
- IHBC’s web resource signpost: Quick links and guidance on joining, accreditation and career progress are only a click away! 15/10/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £43K+ works this week: Charity seeks architect for GII refurb, valued £43K, closing 22/10 15/10/2021
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Gateway to historic town centre re-opened following improvement works, as what ‘WAS’ becomes ‘HAZ’ 15/10/2021
- ARB on ‘Modernising architectural education and training’ 15/10/2021
- Department for Levelling Up etc. (DLUHC) on ‘Our Governance’ and Board 15/10/2021
- RICS sets new standards of conduct 15/10/2021
- Scotland’s new Local Place Plans regulations laid in Parliament 15/10/2021
- Elizabeth Tower conservation set to complete in 2022 15/10/2021
- Serious about your staffing plans or career? Stay ahead with ‘IHBC Jobs etc.’, with posts ranging from conservation architects (x2) and Officers (x7+) and seeking Net Zero (HE), Listing (HE) and sustainability skills 12/10/2021
- New Context out, on ‘Conservation leadership by the people’: From Amenity Societies and Wentworth Woodhouse to Kurt Schwitters, Scotland’s Towns, Chester and more 12/10/2021
- Volunteer virtually with IHBC@COP26 on IHBC’s built and historic environment ‘Conservation Helpdesk+’, – because ‘Conserving our Places Conserves our Planet’ 12/10/2021
- IHBC CPD signpost: Gender-Responsive Public Procurement – Can public procurement help solve gender inequality? 12/10/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick: Dezeen on the ‘Conference of Trees at COP26’ 12/10/2021
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Plans for bridge between Scotland and Northern Ireland scrapped – reports 12/10/2021
- The NCT guide to ‘incredible churches in wild landscapes’, with 200+ churches to visit in UK National Parks 12/10/2021
- Record fine issued to London landlord over planning offence 12/10/2021
- Nearly £60m low carbon growth programme approved for Swansea 12/10/2021
- China vows to curb urban demolitions, preserve cultural heritage 12/10/2021
- IHBC members’ on-line ‘inclusive Council’ invites issued: ‘Join in shaping our activities and plans’ – Wed 13 Oct, 1.30PM on 08/10/2021
- Volunteer virtually with IHBC@COP26 on IHBC’s built and historic environment ‘Conservation Helpdesk+’, – because ‘Conserving our Places Conserves our Planet’ 08/10/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £145K+ works this week: BC seeks governance etc. consultants on heritage project, valued to £25K, closing 25/10 08/10/2021
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the cemetery’s step’: Paris Court Rules Brancusi’s ‘Kiss’ to stay 08/10/2021
- Boris Johnson pledges no homes will be built on green fields 08/10/2021
Daily Archives: 31/07/2020
Following calls to members, IHBC Chair calls on Committees to inform Institute’s pandemic and post-pandemic planning priorities
Following his call for IHBC member feedback on pandemic pressures and priorities as the lockdown eases, IHBC Chair David McDonald has asked the IHBC’s four lead Committees to feed back to the board thoughts on ‘issues that you… think should … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘CPD Hat-trick’ to 13K+ practitioners on DBW’s digital Newsletter: Damp; Net Zero, and patina!
The IHBC has had a ‘CPD Hat-trick‘ of posts supporting conservation-related practice in the 21 July Newsletter of Designing Buildings Wiki (DBW) – the construction industry knowledge base and host platform for the IHBC’s Conservation Wiki – as more than … Continue reading
Following support from IHBC and partners for the Local Government Association (LGA)-led call to ‘Keep planning local’, the LGA has launched a ‘recovery and resilience planning package ‘of recommendations to Government on how to enhance the planning system whilst ensuring … Continue reading
IHBC’s HESPR pick from £54.1M+ costed works this week: National heritage body seeks consultants for design-related guidance update, closing 06/08, valued £20K-25K
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – our Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition quality assurance scheme for heritage services working to the IHBC’s standards – emails its members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, and the IHBC Director’s top pick this … Continue reading
IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Inverness benefits from online talk to tell story of its B-listed buildings
A tour through the history and future of one of the Highland capital’s most prominent buildings will form the basis of an online talk, reports The Ross-shire Journal.
A £50,000 grant from Historic England will help set up a new organisation to support and train metal detectorists in the UK as the ‘Institute of Detectorists’ (IoD) aims to provide training opportunities to promote responsible metal detecting.
MPs, Peers, and other interested parties are invited to submit relevant information on the vital restoration and renewal of the Houses of Parliament, as part of a review into the renovation plans, closing 7 August. image: for illustration purposes only … Continue reading
The National Trust is proposing £100m of annual savings – ‘likely to lead to 1,200 salaried staff (approximately 13%) being put at risk of redundancy’ – following impacts from the coronavirus crisis, after warning almost every aspect of its income … Continue reading
Up to six ‘Head of Function’ posts are on offer at the Houses of Parliament (HoP) linked to its Restoration and Renewal Programme, with various closing dates.
England’s The Heritage Alliance (THA) has noted links to information on the Government sector support funds.
The live tables of the English Housing Survey for 2018-19, which supplement the annual report, are now published, representing the collection of detailed time series data tables on people’s housing circumstances and the condition and energy efficiency of the English … Continue reading
Crowd-sourced collection launched to celebrate creative and cultural industries: Nominations by 7 August
People across the UK are today being asked by the UKRI Arts and Humanities Research Council (AHRC) to help create the first ever collection of a new temporary digital-only museum that will celebrate the UK’s highly successful cultural and creative … Continue reading