Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC’s 2020 AGM update 1: 3 December, online, with ‘CP25’ and new governance ‘Articles’, but Council+ postponed to 2021 25/09/2020
- Don’t forget: IHBC’s HESPR-linked service promotion is now even more accessible to clients when using our map-based search 25/09/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR pick this week from £2.1M+ costed works: Council seeks PM services, closing 1/10 and valued at £104K 25/09/2020
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Heritage Trail proposals to highlight landmarks in St Albans 25/09/2020
- New appointments for design and heritage in England’s planning: Nicholas Boys Smith and Charles O’Brien 25/09/2020
- Government’s £40M Green Recovery Challenge Fund: Up to £40M & 100% project costs! 25/09/2020
- TCPA Report: ‘No place for place-making’, and how planning is bypassed via PDR 25/09/2020
- Ireland’s Architectural heritage protection laws could be reviewed, looking to the UK’s staged approach 25/09/2020
- Rebuilding Heritage support programme: ‘From Survival to Sustainability’ 25/09/2020
- Scotland’s PAS seeks EOIs for funding from the ‘smarter choices smarter places’ fund: Closing 28/09 25/09/2020
- Robert Jenrick’s speech on planning for the future: 21/09 25/09/2020
- Green Homes Grant skills training competition, closing 14/10 25/09/2020
- BBC Visual and Data Journalism team visualise what coronavirus will do to our offices and homes 25/09/2020
- IHBC submits evidence to Commons Select Committee Inquiry on ‘Supporting our High Streets after Covid-19’ 22/09/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick of the week: Construction Declares and the energy minister meeting, from Building 22/09/2020
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Union Chain Bridge gets £250K injection for refurbishment 22/09/2020
- The future of architect regulation: ARB’s call for evidence, closing 23 October 22/09/2020
- CIAT Chartered Practice launched 22/09/2020
- Heritage science case study: The benefits of burying stone, from HE via Stone Specialist 22/09/2020
- Oxford City Council announces new partner for Design Review Panel: Design South East 22/09/2020
- CIC launches Design Quality Indicator for Health 2 22/09/2020
- HES: Is history and heritage good for your health? 22/09/2020
- IHBC’s new Context out now! Nourish your CPD with food, drink and conservation – all in new compostable envelopes too! 18/09/2020
- Construction Manager features launch of UK APPG: ‘Conservation, People and Places’, with IHBC as secretariat 18/09/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR pick this week from £487K+ costed posts: Council seeks archaeological scheme, closing 13/10, valued £230K 18/09/2020
Daily Archives: 08/09/2020
The IHBC has launched an updated webpage on our new CREATIVE Conservation Fund – a dedicated fund exclusively delivering on the IHBC’s charitable activities such as the IHBC’s Gus Astley Student Awards and the 2021 Brighton School bursaries – with … Continue reading
IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick of the week: Covid-19 Community Memorial Design Competition, closing 02/11
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – our Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition quality assurance scheme for heritage services – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, with news and opportunities from across the development sector’s publications, and this week … Continue reading
IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Conservation group ‘horrified’ by wild planting plan for Brighton war memorial garden
Members of a conservation group said that they were ‘horrified’ by a council plan to replace lawns in the Brighton war memorial garden with a bed of wild flowers, reports the Brighton and Hove News. image: By Hassocks5489 – Own … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘Out of Context’ CPD boost from Ireland: The evolution of Ireland’s Architectural Conservation Officer (ACO)
If you have a personal development plan to complete, or a upcoming work review meeting it could be useful to see what others in similar roles to you carry out, and Issue 163 of the institute’s member journal Context, should … Continue reading
Parliamentary APPG ‘Suburban Taskforce’ first phase call for evidence, on ‘Outer Boroughs of London’, closing 2 October
The Cross-Party Suburban Taskforce All-Party Parliamentary Group has announced a ‘Call for Evidence’, open until 2 October 2020, with the taskforce having a particular focus on the Outer Boroughs of London in the first phase of research.
Independent analysis of responses to the call for ideas to inform the preparation of a new National Planning Framework (NPF), launched in January 2020, is now available.
Construction employers have asked the CLC for guidance on the use of face coverings in response to coronavirus to help provide a consistent approach across the industry.
The Royal Society for the encouragement of Arts, Manufactures and Commerce(RSA) recently published a report on ‘Heritage for Inclusive Growth’ which shows the scale of the ‘missed opportunity’ if we continue to separate heritage policymaking and economic policymaking.