Search the archive
IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
Unless made explicit, IHBC NewsBlogs are not IHBC endorsements.
- IHBC Launches new ‘Guidance Note’ on ToolBox: Alterations to Listed Buildings’ 15/01/2021
- Parliamentary Inquiry Open: ‘21st Century Places: Values and benefits’ APPG call for evidence closes 29 January 15/01/2021
- IHBC research signpost: Resources on the Buildings of Ireland 15/01/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £290+K costed works: Island authority seeks Design Guide, closing 02/02, valued at £40K. 15/01/2021
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Gang members jailed after £2M lead thefts from churches in Lincolnshire and beyond 15/01/2021
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Plymouth and more set to receive millions from Future High Streets etc. funds 15/01/2021
- Parliament’s ‘Northern Estate’ refurbishment plans halted 15/01/2021
- Hollywood stars join fight to save Oscar Wilde’s prison from developers 15/01/2021
- UKGBC launches project to develop a ‘Net Zero Whole Life Carbon Roadmap’ for COP26 15/01/2021
- Winners of the 2020 Street Design Awards announced 15/01/2021
- SLC: Scotland’s new protocol on local authority management of Common Good Land 15/01/2021
- Membership of England’s Urban Centre Recovery Task Force 15/01/2021
- Historic Old Course clubhouse to host female lockers for first time after revamp approved 15/01/2021
- IHBC hosts HESPR forum: ‘Exploring new support initiatives with HESPR members’ 12/01/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR second pick from £198+K costed works: National heritage partnership seeks ‘walks’, closing 01/02, valued £69K+ 12/01/2021
- IHBC research signpost: ARCHIDICT an illustrative multilingual dictionary 12/01/2021
- Cardiff Museum of Military Medicine plans go-head despite petition 12/01/2021
- DSWA congratulates new master craftsman 12/01/2021
- Procurement rule changes to help SMEs 12/01/2021
- Industry leaders back £525bn home improvement plan 12/01/2021
- Thousands of trees planted as Network Rail’s £1 million pledge takes root across the country 12/01/2021
- URBACT on small cities surviving Covid-19: ‘Without frequent sharing we would have felt more alone’ 12/01/2021
- £165M+ in repayable finance announced to support Culture Recovery Fund 12/01/2021
- New STBA Website 12/01/2021
- Caithness Iron Age stone tower conserved 12/01/2021
Daily Archives: 08/09/2020
The IHBC has launched an updated webpage on our new CREATIVE Conservation Fund – a dedicated fund exclusively delivering on the IHBC’s charitable activities such as the IHBC’s Gus Astley Student Awards and the 2021 Brighton School bursaries – with … Continue reading
IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick of the week: Covid-19 Community Memorial Design Competition, closing 02/11
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – our Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition quality assurance scheme for heritage services – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, with news and opportunities from across the development sector’s publications, and this week … Continue reading
IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Conservation group ‘horrified’ by wild planting plan for Brighton war memorial garden
Members of a conservation group said that they were ‘horrified’ by a council plan to replace lawns in the Brighton war memorial garden with a bed of wild flowers, reports the Brighton and Hove News. image: By Hassocks5489 – Own … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘Out of Context’ CPD boost from Ireland: The evolution of Ireland’s Architectural Conservation Officer (ACO)
If you have a personal development plan to complete, or a upcoming work review meeting it could be useful to see what others in similar roles to you carry out, and Issue 163 of the institute’s member journal Context, should … Continue reading
Parliamentary APPG ‘Suburban Taskforce’ first phase call for evidence, on ‘Outer Boroughs of London’, closing 2 October
The Cross-Party Suburban Taskforce All-Party Parliamentary Group has announced a ‘Call for Evidence’, open until 2 October 2020, with the taskforce having a particular focus on the Outer Boroughs of London in the first phase of research.
Independent analysis of responses to the call for ideas to inform the preparation of a new National Planning Framework (NPF), launched in January 2020, is now available.
Construction employers have asked the CLC for guidance on the use of face coverings in response to coronavirus to help provide a consistent approach across the industry.
The Royal Society for the encouragement of Arts, Manufactures and Commerce(RSA) recently published a report on ‘Heritage for Inclusive Growth’ which shows the scale of the ‘missed opportunity’ if we continue to separate heritage policymaking and economic policymaking.