Search the archive
IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
Unless made explicit, IHBC NewsBlogs are not IHBC endorsements.
- IHBC Launches new ‘Guidance Note’ on ToolBox: Alterations to Listed Buildings’ 15/01/2021
- Parliamentary Inquiry Open: ‘21st Century Places: Values and benefits’ APPG call for evidence closes 29 January 15/01/2021
- IHBC research signpost: Resources on the Buildings of Ireland 15/01/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £290+K costed works: Island authority seeks Design Guide, closing 02/02, valued at £40K. 15/01/2021
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Gang members jailed after £2M lead thefts from churches in Lincolnshire and beyond 15/01/2021
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Plymouth and more set to receive millions from Future High Streets etc. funds 15/01/2021
- Parliament’s ‘Northern Estate’ refurbishment plans halted 15/01/2021
- Hollywood stars join fight to save Oscar Wilde’s prison from developers 15/01/2021
- UKGBC launches project to develop a ‘Net Zero Whole Life Carbon Roadmap’ for COP26 15/01/2021
- Winners of the 2020 Street Design Awards announced 15/01/2021
- SLC: Scotland’s new protocol on local authority management of Common Good Land 15/01/2021
- Membership of England’s Urban Centre Recovery Task Force 15/01/2021
- Historic Old Course clubhouse to host female lockers for first time after revamp approved 15/01/2021
- IHBC hosts HESPR forum: ‘Exploring new support initiatives with HESPR members’ 12/01/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR second pick from £198+K costed works: National heritage partnership seeks ‘walks’, closing 01/02, valued £69K+ 12/01/2021
- IHBC research signpost: ARCHIDICT an illustrative multilingual dictionary 12/01/2021
- Cardiff Museum of Military Medicine plans go-head despite petition 12/01/2021
- DSWA congratulates new master craftsman 12/01/2021
- Procurement rule changes to help SMEs 12/01/2021
- Industry leaders back £525bn home improvement plan 12/01/2021
- Thousands of trees planted as Network Rail’s £1 million pledge takes root across the country 12/01/2021
- URBACT on small cities surviving Covid-19: ‘Without frequent sharing we would have felt more alone’ 12/01/2021
- £165M+ in repayable finance announced to support Culture Recovery Fund 12/01/2021
- New STBA Website 12/01/2021
- Caithness Iron Age stone tower conserved 12/01/2021
Daily Archives: 15/09/2020
IHBC’s new Home Page launched: Prioritising non-specialist users while continuing our familiar menu – but refresh your browser to get the refreshed service!
The IHBC is piloting a new web Home Page to make it easier for non-specialist users and clients to access our support and guidance – including our HESPR list of businesses and our accredited members – while also keeping familiar … Continue reading
IHBC’s latest ‘CPD Circular’ now out! From England’s planning White Paper to Retrofit, IHBC trustees shape sector policy, practice, and more
The IHBC has issued its latest ‘CPD Circular’, with post-lockdown event planning content that includes the IHBC’s own Continuing Professional Development (CPD) support, the ‘IHBC Recognised CPD Providers’ CPD service, with content from across the sector that, naturally, includes plenty of … Continue reading
IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick of the week: ‘Architects may face revalidation every five years’, from RIBA via BD
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – our Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition quality assurance scheme for heritage services – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, with notices from across the development sector’s publications, and this week features the … Continue reading
IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Two of Britain’s first public toilets for women given protected status
While the UK saw a boom in the building of public loos from the 1850s onwards, the vast majority were strictly for men, which prompted a campaign for facilities to be provided for women, as reported by INews following new … Continue reading
Plans have been unveiled for the renovation of a £2.75 million waterfront property which has been described as a ‘dream house’, reports The Falmouth Packet.
The backlog of unbuilt homes that have been granted planning permission has grown by 100,00 in the last year, new research has revealed. image: LocalGov
Historic Environment Scotland (HES) has welcomed confirmation of an additional £21.3 million funding from the Scottish Government (SG) to help manage the impacts of COVID-19.
Crown Commercial Services has launched an SME Customer Engagement Survey to shape its commercial expertise in ways that can help buyers across central government, public and third sectors access and assist SMEs take up the usage of CCS services.
The Planning Portal has outlined how recent legislative updates from Government introduce a further 6 specific types of permitted development (each requiring a ‘Prior Approval’ application), set a fee to most of the new prior approval application types, and usher … Continue reading
LGA and UKSSD launch Sustainable Development Guide for councils as ‘Local government can play a key role in driving a sustainable recovery…’
The Local Government Association and the UK Stakeholders for Sustainable Development in July launched a guide to help councils engage with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) at a time when many are starting to re-think the role of … Continue reading
The York Foundation for Conservation & Craftsmanship (YFCC), the charitable arm of the YCCC, has appointed experienced paintings conservator and founding Chair of the Institute of Conservation, Carole Milner, as a trustee.
Townscaper is a new building game that allows users to create their own town, in a very simple way, with elements rising from a digital sea as they click. With no goal apart from the design aspect, this video game, … Continue reading