Search the archive
IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
Unless made explicit, IHBC NewsBlogs are not IHBC endorsements.
- IHBC supports CIOB’s ‘Future Skills for Traditional Buildings’: 05 November, online 23/10/2020
- IHBC welcomes new AHF-HE Covid-19 recovery grants initiative: £1M for post-COVID business planning for ‘small heritage’, closing 9/11 23/10/2020
- IHBC joins 27 leading planning-linked bodies to explore National Planning Forum’s 2020 Vision 23/10/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR pick this week from £202M+ costed works: Service provision for NI programme, closing 25/11, valued £121K 23/10/2020
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the (industry’s) doorstep’: Traditional skills to the fore as Nairn Courthouse restoration works complete 23/10/2020
- IHBC’s ‘Out of Context’ CPD boost from London, via Ireland: Case study insights to Heritage Partnership Agreements (HPAs) 23/10/2020
- Scotland’s NLHF-funded Business Support Programme applications now open: Closes noon 03/12 23/10/2020
- ‘Greatest threat in a generation’ faces UK’s heritage buildings: Vic Soc Director Joe O’Donnell 23/10/2020
- Historic England Chair warns against removing statues: ‘Recontexualise’ instead 23/10/2020
- Museums Association response to Oliver Dowden’s letter on contested heritage 23/10/2020
- CLC issues new guidance ahead of Brexit 23/10/2020
- Denmark’s ‘Utopian Garden City’ built entirely in circles: See astounding aerial views of Brøndby Haveby 23/10/2020
- Lathams, IHBC’s latest HESPR registered practice: Nearly 50 HESPR service providers working to IHBC standards 20/10/2020
- IHBC’s Virtual MATEs span local to global applicants, as membership accreditation takes to the airwaves 20/10/2020
- IHBC asks for: ‘YOUR PROSECUTIONS DATA PLEASE’… to help us help conservation! 20/10/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick of the week: ‘Trade bodies threaten to boot members out if they can’t prove competence’ 20/10/2020
- IHBC’s features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Salford’s green spaces protected in the courts – again 20/10/2020
- Mapping tool for unused construction materials launched 20/10/2020
- … Fiscal and Funding Priorities 2020 report launch by THA 20/10/2020
- Climate Assembly UK publishes report on path to net zero emissions 20/10/2020
- Brick Sector Stakeholder Sustainability KPI Questionnaire 20/10/2020
- Sir David Adjaye OBE to receive 2021 Royal Gold Medal 20/10/2020
- Adrian Olivier appointed as the Chair of the Historic Environment Forum 20/10/2020
- IHBC welcomes £103m recovery fund distribution to 445 heritage bodies, via £1.57B Culture Recovery Fund 16/10/2020
- Serious about your staffing plans or career direction? Stay ahead with our ‘IHBC Jobs etc.’ service, with conservation roles from listing and HAZs to surveying, architecture and more 16/10/2020
Daily Archives: 18/09/2020
IHBC’s new Context out now! Nourish your CPD with food, drink and conservation – all in new compostable envelopes too!
The latest issue of the IHBC’s membership journal Context is now out, ranging widely across its nutrition-industry themes and the IHBC’s conservation own CPD skills framework of the Areas of Competence in the Conservation Cycle, all now delivered in sturdy … Continue reading
Construction Manager features launch of UK APPG: ‘Conservation, Places and People’, with IHBC as secretariat – #PlacesPeopleAPPG
Construction Manager Magazine is one of the development sector lead publications to feature the launch of the new All-Party Parliamentary Group (APPG) on ‘Conservation, Places and People’, with the IHBC supporting its Secretariat. The group will examine how heritage can … Continue reading
IHBC’s HESPR pick this week from £487K+ costed posts: Council seeks archaeological scheme, closing 13/10, valued £230K
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – our Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition quality assurance scheme for heritage services working to the IHBC’s standards – emails its members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, and the IHBC Director’s top pick this … Continue reading
IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Housing developer fined for breaking a tree preservation order in Tring
Housing Development Company W E Black Limited was fined at St Albans Magistrates’ Court for breaking a tree preservation order, Hemel Today has reported.
Construction Leadership Council (CLC) co-chair Andy Mitchell has written to the Chancellor to call on the government to fund a long-term retrofitting programme for UK homes to make them greener.
The government has launched the Kickstart Scheme, which provides funding to employers to create new 6-month job placements for young people who are currently on Universal Credit and at risk of long-term unemployment – and and opened it for applications … Continue reading
A draft recovery plan for the construction sector in Scotland has been launched by the Scottish Construction Leadership Forum (CLF). image: for illustration purposes only – Open Government Licence v3.0
A new programme worth up to £9.5 million will help reduce the carbon footprint of existing social housing in Wales.
An application was filed on Friday to request leave for a judicial review into Liverpool City Council’s decision to allow a zip wire in the heart of Liverpool’s World Heritage Site. image: Victorian Society website
RIBA’s new Education and Professional Development framework – ‘The Way Ahead’ – emphasises safety, climate & ethics
The Way Ahead outlines RIBA’s new Education and Professional Development Framework, signifying a new direction for architectural education and continuing professional development with a greater emphasis on health and life safety, the climate emergency and professional ethics. image: RIBA website
SGSAH new research opportunities align practice and research: Collaborative Doctoral Awards – Partner Organisations, deadline 5/10
The Scottish Graduate School for Arts & Humanities (SGSAH) has introduced a new range of research opportunities to align research more closely with practice, as the Collaborative Doctoral Awards scheme offers options for ideas generated by industry partners to be … Continue reading
On Læsø, houses are thatched with thick, heavy bundles of silvery seaweed that have the potential to be a contemporary building material around the world.