Search the archive
IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
Unless made explicit, IHBC NewsBlogs are not IHBC endorsements.
- IHBC launches 2021 Brighton School – #IHBCBrighton2021, 17-18 June (1 & 2 day options) including new learning-led Heritage MarketPlace, from £25+VAT (early bird) 26/02/2021
- IHBC’s new learning and networking resource for all: 2021 Brighton School’s ‘Heritage MarketPlace’, with stalls from £100+VAT: 18 June 2021 (IHBC network reductions may apply) 26/02/2021
- IHBC Welcomes MFL Affinity as Principal Sponsor for the 2021 Brighton School 26/02/2021
- IHBC practice signpost: Scottish Government on new publications – Technical handbooks for use from 1 March 2021 26/02/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £3.5M+ costed works: Council seeks Landscape Sensitivity Assessment, closing 10/03 26/02/2021
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Aberdeen cafe evacuated after part of building collapses 26/02/2021
- Countryside Stewardship Scheme now open for 2021 applications 26/02/2021
- Panellists appointed to the London Mayor’s Commission for Diversity in the Public Realm 26/02/2021
- CLC adopts national retrofit strategy: Consultation closing 1 March 26/02/2021
- Call for EOIs in Scotland’s ‘Climate Beacons’ for COP 26: Closing 01/03 26/02/2021
- Hammersmith Bridge illuminated red in Valentine’s Day message to Government 26/02/2021
- IHBC’s FREE CPD Taster: John Edwards on ‘Introducing Building Survey for Retrofit’, 29/03, 1pm-2pm 23/02/2021
- IHBC’s newest Recognised CPD Provider – TGR – offers 10% discount on events to IHBC members 23/02/2021
- IHBC research Signpost: DCMS on ‘Rapid Evidence Assessment: Culture and Heritage Valuation Studies’ 23/02/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick of the week: PBC & Arup on drones 23/02/2021
- HE, HAZ and more: 10 new films imagine the future of the High Street, from 2 March 23/02/2021
- Virtual CSCS cards launched together with a new app 23/02/2021
- National Churches Trust Budget Representation 2021: Making the financial case 23/02/2021
- Welsh Government Written Statement on second homes 23/02/2021
- Defra etc: New £10M fund to drive private sector investment in nature 23/02/2021
- Legislative proposals to address impact of Scotland’s concentration of land ownership 23/02/2021
- Enter the Brick Awards for 2021: Free, closing 14/05 23/02/2021
- IHBC’s ‘members only’ first Council and General Meeting of 2021: Free, 26 March, 1pm – eligible members called on to use proxy votes 19/02/2021
- IHBC ToolBox Guidance on ‘Retrofit’: New update 19/02/2021
- IHBC research signpost: Engine Shed Technical Paper 34 – ‘Energy consumption and behaviour profiles for eight… dwellings’ 19/02/2021
Daily Archives: 22/09/2020
IHBC submits evidence to Commons Select Committee Inquiry on ‘Supporting our High Streets after Covid-19’
The IHBC has submitted its evidence to the Commons Select Committee Inquiry into ‘Supporting our high streets after Covid-19’. Culture is a driver of economic development.
IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick of the week: Construction Declares and the energy minister meeting, from Building
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – our Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition quality assurance scheme for heritage services – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, with notices from across the development sector’s publications, and this week features Building … Continue reading
IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Union Chain Bridge gets £250K injection for refurbishment
Border Country has reported on how the restoration work the 200-year-old Union Chain Bridge – which spans the England-Scotland border on the River Tweed between Horncliffe and Fishwick – has been given another boost as with a grant of £250,000 … Continue reading
ARB has launched its Call for Evidence a strand in its wider research programme to inform the review of its regulatory model and architects’ competence.
Following approval by the Privy Council, The Chartered Institute of Architectural Technologists (CIAT) has launched CIAT Chartered Practice.
If historic masonry needs to be stored until it can be repaired it can be protected and preserved highly effectively by burying it in the right conditions, determines a three-year study by Barry Hunt and Carlota Grossi for Historic England … Continue reading
Oxford City Council has announced that Design South East will be its new partner for the Oxford Design Review Panel (ODRP). The ODRP was established in 2014 to provide an independent design evaluation service…
The Construction Industry Council (CIC) has launched an updated version of its design quality evaluation tool, the Design Quality Indicator for Health 2 (DQIfH2), which will contribute to improved design, long term functionality and sustainability of future hospital new build … Continue reading
Historic Environment Scotland’s (HES) Bryony Donnelly has ‘blogsplored’ how to boost mental and physical fitness – and navigate between the coronavirus pandemic, enforced social distancing and a lockdown – by spending time with Scotland’s history. image: for illustration purposes only … Continue reading