Search the archive
IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
Unless made explicit, IHBC NewsBlogs are not IHBC endorsements.
- IHBC supports CIOB’s ‘Future Skills for Traditional Buildings’: 05 November, online 23/10/2020
- IHBC welcomes new AHF-HE Covid-19 recovery grants initiative: £1M for post-COVID business planning for ‘small heritage’, closing 9/11 23/10/2020
- IHBC joins 27 leading planning-linked bodies to explore National Planning Forum’s 2020 Vision 23/10/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR pick this week from £202M+ costed works: Service provision for NI programme, closing 25/11, valued £121K 23/10/2020
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the (industry’s) doorstep’: Traditional skills to the fore as Nairn Courthouse restoration works complete 23/10/2020
- IHBC’s ‘Out of Context’ CPD boost from London, via Ireland: Case study insights to Heritage Partnership Agreements (HPAs) 23/10/2020
- Scotland’s NLHF-funded Business Support Programme applications now open: Closes noon 03/12 23/10/2020
- ‘Greatest threat in a generation’ faces UK’s heritage buildings: Vic Soc Director Joe O’Donnell 23/10/2020
- Historic England Chair warns against removing statues: ‘Recontexualise’ instead 23/10/2020
- Museums Association response to Oliver Dowden’s letter on contested heritage 23/10/2020
- CLC issues new guidance ahead of Brexit 23/10/2020
- Denmark’s ‘Utopian Garden City’ built entirely in circles: See astounding aerial views of Brøndby Haveby 23/10/2020
- Lathams, IHBC’s latest HESPR registered practice: Nearly 50 HESPR service providers working to IHBC standards 20/10/2020
- IHBC’s Virtual MATEs span local to global applicants, as membership accreditation takes to the airwaves 20/10/2020
- IHBC asks for: ‘YOUR PROSECUTIONS DATA PLEASE’… to help us help conservation! 20/10/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick of the week: ‘Trade bodies threaten to boot members out if they can’t prove competence’ 20/10/2020
- IHBC’s features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Salford’s green spaces protected in the courts – again 20/10/2020
- Mapping tool for unused construction materials launched 20/10/2020
- … Fiscal and Funding Priorities 2020 report launch by THA 20/10/2020
- Climate Assembly UK publishes report on path to net zero emissions 20/10/2020
- Brick Sector Stakeholder Sustainability KPI Questionnaire 20/10/2020
- Sir David Adjaye OBE to receive 2021 Royal Gold Medal 20/10/2020
- Adrian Olivier appointed as the Chair of the Historic Environment Forum 20/10/2020
- IHBC welcomes £103m recovery fund distribution to 445 heritage bodies, via £1.57B Culture Recovery Fund 16/10/2020
- Serious about your staffing plans or career direction? Stay ahead with our ‘IHBC Jobs etc.’ service, with conservation roles from listing and HAZs to surveying, architecture and more 16/10/2020
Daily Archives: 22/09/2020
IHBC submits evidence to Commons Select Committee Inquiry on ‘Supporting our High Streets after Covid-19’
The IHBC has submitted its evidence to the Commons Select Committee Inquiry into ‘Supporting our high streets after Covid-19’. Culture is a driver of economic development.
IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick of the week: Construction Declares and the energy minister meeting, from Building
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – our Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition quality assurance scheme for heritage services – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, with notices from across the development sector’s publications, and this week features Building … Continue reading
IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Union Chain Bridge gets £250K injection for refurbishment
Border Country has reported on how the restoration work the 200-year-old Union Chain Bridge – which spans the England-Scotland border on the River Tweed between Horncliffe and Fishwick – has been given another boost as with a grant of £250,000 … Continue reading
ARB has launched its Call for Evidence a strand in its wider research programme to inform the review of its regulatory model and architects’ competence.
Following approval by the Privy Council, The Chartered Institute of Architectural Technologists (CIAT) has launched CIAT Chartered Practice.
If historic masonry needs to be stored until it can be repaired it can be protected and preserved highly effectively by burying it in the right conditions, determines a three-year study by Barry Hunt and Carlota Grossi for Historic England … Continue reading
Oxford City Council has announced that Design South East will be its new partner for the Oxford Design Review Panel (ODRP). The ODRP was established in 2014 to provide an independent design evaluation service…
The Construction Industry Council (CIC) has launched an updated version of its design quality evaluation tool, the Design Quality Indicator for Health 2 (DQIfH2), which will contribute to improved design, long term functionality and sustainability of future hospital new build … Continue reading
Historic Environment Scotland’s (HES) Bryony Donnelly has ‘blogsplored’ how to boost mental and physical fitness – and navigate between the coronavirus pandemic, enforced social distancing and a lockdown – by spending time with Scotland’s history. image: for illustration purposes only … Continue reading