Search the archive
IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
Unless made explicit, IHBC NewsBlogs are not IHBC endorsements.
- IHBC supports CIOB’s ‘Future Skills for Traditional Buildings’: 05 November, online 23/10/2020
- IHBC welcomes new AHF-HE Covid-19 recovery grants initiative: £1M for post-COVID business planning for ‘small heritage’, closing 9/11 23/10/2020
- IHBC joins 27 leading planning-linked bodies to explore National Planning Forum’s 2020 Vision 23/10/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR pick this week from £202M+ costed works: Service provision for NI programme, closing 25/11, valued £121K 23/10/2020
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the (industry’s) doorstep’: Traditional skills to the fore as Nairn Courthouse restoration works complete 23/10/2020
- IHBC’s ‘Out of Context’ CPD boost from London, via Ireland: Case study insights to Heritage Partnership Agreements (HPAs) 23/10/2020
- Scotland’s NLHF-funded Business Support Programme applications now open: Closes noon 03/12 23/10/2020
- ‘Greatest threat in a generation’ faces UK’s heritage buildings: Vic Soc Director Joe O’Donnell 23/10/2020
- Historic England Chair warns against removing statues: ‘Recontexualise’ instead 23/10/2020
- Museums Association response to Oliver Dowden’s letter on contested heritage 23/10/2020
- CLC issues new guidance ahead of Brexit 23/10/2020
- Denmark’s ‘Utopian Garden City’ built entirely in circles: See astounding aerial views of Brøndby Haveby 23/10/2020
- Lathams, IHBC’s latest HESPR registered practice: Nearly 50 HESPR service providers working to IHBC standards 20/10/2020
- IHBC’s Virtual MATEs span local to global applicants, as membership accreditation takes to the airwaves 20/10/2020
- IHBC asks for: ‘YOUR PROSECUTIONS DATA PLEASE’… to help us help conservation! 20/10/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick of the week: ‘Trade bodies threaten to boot members out if they can’t prove competence’ 20/10/2020
- IHBC’s features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Salford’s green spaces protected in the courts – again 20/10/2020
- Mapping tool for unused construction materials launched 20/10/2020
- … Fiscal and Funding Priorities 2020 report launch by THA 20/10/2020
- Climate Assembly UK publishes report on path to net zero emissions 20/10/2020
- Brick Sector Stakeholder Sustainability KPI Questionnaire 20/10/2020
- Sir David Adjaye OBE to receive 2021 Royal Gold Medal 20/10/2020
- Adrian Olivier appointed as the Chair of the Historic Environment Forum 20/10/2020
- IHBC welcomes £103m recovery fund distribution to 445 heritage bodies, via £1.57B Culture Recovery Fund 16/10/2020
- Serious about your staffing plans or career direction? Stay ahead with our ‘IHBC Jobs etc.’ service, with conservation roles from listing and HAZs to surveying, architecture and more 16/10/2020
Daily Archives: 13/10/2020
Record entries to IHBC’s 2020 Gus Astley Student Awards: ‘… a great time to have the IHBC’s CREATIVE Conservation Fund up and running’!
The IHBC is delighted to announce a record number of entries for the IHBC Gus Astley Student Awards for 2020, with more than 50 submissions, with entrants thanked and non-members offered free ‘taster’ Affiliate memberships, and as future awards and … Continue reading
If IHBC, then please forward: HE survey on work-based training in heritage construction in the North of England, closing 31/10
Historic England has recently commissioned a short research project focussed on the North of England to explore skills and training in heritage construction from firms’ own perspective, and IHBC members are asked to pass on to networks that work on … Continue reading
The Climate Heritage Network (CHN), of which the IHBC is a member, is running Culture x Climate featuring CHN-sponsored webinars, weekly themes and affiliated events from CHN members and allies, running 12 October through to 27 November.
IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick of the week: Could you help save Abingdon’s Old Abbey House?
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – our Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition quality assurance scheme for heritage services – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, with notices from across the development sector’s publications, and this week asks HESPR … Continue reading
A planning application has been submitted by Derby City Council to knock down the 43-year old Assembly Rooms – which has played host to the likes of Elton John, Iron Maiden, Take That, etc – as The Derby Telegraph has … Continue reading
The Housing, Communities and Local Government Committee has launched a new inquiry to investigate Government proposals to reform the planning system, with evidence to be submitted by Friday 30 October 2020. image: for illustration purposes only – Open Government Licence … Continue reading
A new digital service to help homeowners improve the energy performance of their homes and cut their energy bills has been launched. image: for illustration purposes only
If you are you aged between 18 and 30 years old you can apply for free membership of Europa Nostra.
Lords secondary legislation scrutiny committee report indicates concern over planning reforms linked to …(Coronavirus) Regulations 2020
The Twenty first report of the Lords secondary legislation scrutiny committee suggests concerns about the Town and Country Planning (Permitted Development and Miscellaneous Amendments) (England) (Coronavirus) Regulations 2020 (SI 2020/632). image: Open Government Licence v3.0
Landscape Architect Sue Evans has taken up her new role as Chair of the Scottish Civic Trust Board as of the 3rd September 2020. image: Scottish Civic Trust website
Updated guidance on planning for retail and other town centre uses has been issued for England by the Ministry of Housing, Communities & Local Government (MHCLG). image: for illustration purposes only – Fiona Newton
Local authorities warned by Taxpayers’ Alliance about risks associated with investment in commercial property
Councils have been warned by the TaxPayers’ Alliance that some investments in commercial property are delivering yields millions below forecasts. image: for illustration purposes only
IHBC’s IMHO: Built Environment networking highlights importance of generating social value in construction
Jenny Bowles, Manager at Scotland Excel, writes in an opinion piece to highlight the importance in generating social value in construction. image: for illustration purposes only – Open Government Licence v3.0