Search the archive
IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
Unless made explicit, IHBC NewsBlogs are not IHBC endorsements.
- DON’T FORGET VOTE BY PROXY even if joining in the IHBC’s 2020 AGM: ‘Help the IHBC move past the pandemic’ with our historic modernisation! 20/11/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR listings reaches ‘50’ with Rock Davidson Associates: 50th practice on IHBC’s HESPR register of services 20/11/2020
- IHBC NewsBlog readers’ update from DBW on ‘Building People’: Focus on ‘diversity, skills, careers and social value’ 20/11/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR pick this week from £20K+ costed works: Welsh council calls for proposals linked to a country park development, closing 30/11 20/11/2020
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Grimsby urban explorer uncovers ‘forgotten village’ in Lincolnshire woods 20/11/2020
- Wales extends investment in decarbonising social housing: ORP for a green recovery 20/11/2020
- Wellcome Trust agrees £506m takeover of Urban & Civic 20/11/2020
- CLC on England’s White Paper: Unlock ‘Levelling Up’ with ‘Fourth Zone’ 20/11/2020
- FMB & partners: Government misses potential £15Bn economic boost and job creation without VAT relief 20/11/2020
- HES: £194,349 awarded to coasts and waters heritage projects 20/11/2020
- New charity launches with a mission to protect local nature, wildlife and heritage: ‘Habitats & Heritage’ 20/11/2020
- New COTAC Newsletter now out 20/11/2020
- Row over China’s plan to build its largest European embassy in London’s East End as consultation begins 20/11/2020
- IHBC’s latest HESPR registered practice: Artifex Conservation Architects, joins nearly 50 HESPR service providers working to IHBC standards 17/11/2020
- IHBC’s pre-AGM event is free (IHBC members only; 5.30 on, 03/12), and you can donate to the IHBC CREATIVE Conservation Fund on application… or after, if you missed it! 17/11/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick of the week: ‘Chinese ruins transformed into museum’ 17/11/2020
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: North Staffs sites share in £1.57bn fund for support through pandemic 17/11/2020
- AHF: Supporting community ownership in the historic heart of Dumfries 17/11/2020
- Build UK survey for CLC on impact of coronavirus pandemic: Supporting Jobs in Construction 17/11/2020
- Nominate a heritage charity to receive a festive financial boost 17/11/2020
- Environmental charities and funders trapped in ‘vicious cycle’, finds report 17/11/2020
- Historic England launches new education resources and films as part of Breaking New Ground 17/11/2020
- Treasure found on Barking building site 17/11/2020
- Voting at IHBC’s 2020 Virtual AGM (03/12)? Vote by proxy even if attending – it can be changed in the AGM – and be sure to ‘help the IHBC move past the pandemic’! 13/11/2020
- Serious about your staffing plans or career direction? Stay ahead with ‘IHBC Jobs etc.’ – conservation roles from ‘Placemaking’ in Wales and ‘Design’ with HS1, to urban, regulatory and maritime roles, and much more! 13/11/2020
Daily Archives: 20/10/2020
Lathams, IHBC’s latest HESPR registered practice: Nearly 50 HESPR service providers working to IHBC standards
Lathams is the latest company to join the IHBC’s conservation and heritage services ‘HESPR’ quality assurance listing, joining the heritage businesses, offering from it East Midlands based practice services that combine architecture, planning, conservation, regeneration, and urban design.
IHBC’s Virtual MATEs span local to global applicants, as membership accreditation takes to the airwaves
Having piloted a Virtual Membership Application Training Event (MATE) in May, the IHBC has now rolled out several dates for more, all of which have been filled within days of being advertised, and with targeted groups ranging from antipodean applicants … Continue reading
IHBC’s National Database of Listed Building Prosecutions – created in 1996 on the initiative of Bob Kindred, and now with details of hundreds of case sentences – is the ‘go to’ resource on local authority prosecutions, but its contents need … Continue reading
IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick of the week: ‘Trade bodies threaten to boot members out if they can’t prove competence’
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – our Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition quality assurance scheme for heritage services – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, with notices from across the development sector’s publications, and this week features Building’s … Continue reading
IHBC’s features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Salford’s green spaces protected in the courts – again
Salford City Council is celebrating after another victory in the courts to protect Salford’s green spaces. image: for illustration purposes only – open government licence v3.0
A mapping tool that provides contractors and their suppliers with a central database of local Materials Exchange Platform (MEP) projects to help cut waste by finding a home for unused materials has been launched.
The Heritage Alliance (THA) has published a new version of its key document on funding, Backing the Bedrock: Fiscal and Funding Priorities 2020.
The first UK-wide citizens’ assembly on climate change, which was commissioned by six House of Commons Select Committees, has published its final report on how the UK can reach its legally binding target of net zero emissions by 2050. Image … Continue reading
UK brick industry launches survey on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to identify important topics for the sector. image: for illustration purposes only
Given in recognition of a lifetime’s work, the Royal Gold Medal is given to a person or group of people who have had a significant influence ‘either directly or indirectly on the advancement of architecture’.
The Historic Environment Forum (HEF) has announced that Dr Adrian Olivier – former English Heritage Heritage Protection Director and Head of Profession for Archaeology – has been appointed as Chair.