Search the archive
IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
Unless made explicit, IHBC NewsBlogs are not IHBC endorsements.
- DON’T FORGET VOTE BY PROXY even if joining in the IHBC’s 2020 AGM: ‘Help the IHBC move past the pandemic’ with our historic modernisation! 20/11/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR listings reaches ‘50’ with Rock Davidson Associates: 50th practice on IHBC’s HESPR register of services 20/11/2020
- IHBC NewsBlog readers’ update from DBW on ‘Building People’: Focus on ‘diversity, skills, careers and social value’ 20/11/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR pick this week from £20K+ costed works: Welsh council calls for proposals linked to a country park development, closing 30/11 20/11/2020
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Grimsby urban explorer uncovers ‘forgotten village’ in Lincolnshire woods 20/11/2020
- Wales extends investment in decarbonising social housing: ORP for a green recovery 20/11/2020
- Wellcome Trust agrees £506m takeover of Urban & Civic 20/11/2020
- CLC on England’s White Paper: Unlock ‘Levelling Up’ with ‘Fourth Zone’ 20/11/2020
- FMB & partners: Government misses potential £15Bn economic boost and job creation without VAT relief 20/11/2020
- HES: £194,349 awarded to coasts and waters heritage projects 20/11/2020
- New charity launches with a mission to protect local nature, wildlife and heritage: ‘Habitats & Heritage’ 20/11/2020
- New COTAC Newsletter now out 20/11/2020
- Row over China’s plan to build its largest European embassy in London’s East End as consultation begins 20/11/2020
- IHBC’s latest HESPR registered practice: Artifex Conservation Architects, joins nearly 50 HESPR service providers working to IHBC standards 17/11/2020
- IHBC’s pre-AGM event is free (IHBC members only; 5.30 on, 03/12), and you can donate to the IHBC CREATIVE Conservation Fund on application… or after, if you missed it! 17/11/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick of the week: ‘Chinese ruins transformed into museum’ 17/11/2020
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: North Staffs sites share in £1.57bn fund for support through pandemic 17/11/2020
- AHF: Supporting community ownership in the historic heart of Dumfries 17/11/2020
- Build UK survey for CLC on impact of coronavirus pandemic: Supporting Jobs in Construction 17/11/2020
- Nominate a heritage charity to receive a festive financial boost 17/11/2020
- Environmental charities and funders trapped in ‘vicious cycle’, finds report 17/11/2020
- Historic England launches new education resources and films as part of Breaking New Ground 17/11/2020
- Treasure found on Barking building site 17/11/2020
- Voting at IHBC’s 2020 Virtual AGM (03/12)? Vote by proxy even if attending – it can be changed in the AGM – and be sure to ‘help the IHBC move past the pandemic’! 13/11/2020
- Serious about your staffing plans or career direction? Stay ahead with ‘IHBC Jobs etc.’ – conservation roles from ‘Placemaking’ in Wales and ‘Design’ with HS1, to urban, regulatory and maritime roles, and much more! 13/11/2020
Daily Archives: 07/11/2020
IHBC formally issues 2020 AGM details for 3 December: Programme from 5.30pm – Griff Rhys Jones, School updates etc. – voting from 6pm (IHBC members only; BOOKING ESSENTIAL)
The IHBC has issued notices and exclusive invitations to all categories of IHBC members for the 2020 AGM – on 3 December, 2020 – including a free CPD programme from 5.30pm with filmed welcomes and updates from Griff Rhys Jones … Continue reading
IHBC responds to England’s Planning for the Future White Paper: Build on planning’s many strengths; improve by simplification, not redesign
The IHBC has submitted its comprehensive response to England’s Planning for the Future White Paper, highlighting that the planning system may need reform and simplification but not complete redesign, and that a more dynamic system for local plans, involving frequent … Continue reading
IHBC’s HESPR pick this week from £564K+ costed works: call for architectural services linked to affordable homes in Wales, closing 16/11, valued £25-50K
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – our Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition quality assurance scheme for heritage services working to the IHBC’s standards – emails its members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, and the IHBC Director’s top pick this … Continue reading
Addiscombe residents are preparing themselves for a renewed battle to save an historic, landmark house in their neighbourhood after the council’s planning department ‘first refused planning permission to the building’s owners to convert the house into flats, and today refused … Continue reading
Two four-storey town houses worth millions of pounds have collapsed in west London while being redeveloped.
Historic Environment Scotland (HES) has published the latest results of a follow up survey scoping the impacts of COVID-19 on the country’s historic environment sector.
Jenny Green, Director for Northern Ireland at The Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE), has explored a new report by the Ministerial Advisory Panel on Infrastructure, on which she sits.
The House of Commons Housing, Communities and Local Government Committee has asked the public to take part in a survey on the planning system in England and the government’s proposed reforms to it, which is open until midnight Wednesday 11 … Continue reading
Culture x Climate 2020 is a virtual global forum for arts, culture and heritage-based climate action running to the end of November 2020.
West Dean College of Arts & Conservation is looking for an artist-maker to be its Maker-in-Residence for 2021, with artists with any skills considered, including stone working, carving and lettercutting, and with a closing date of 29 November. image: West … Continue reading