Search the archive
IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
Unless made explicit, IHBC NewsBlogs are not IHBC endorsements.
- DON’T FORGET VOTE BY PROXY even if joining in the IHBC’s 2020 AGM: ‘Help the IHBC move past the pandemic’ with our historic modernisation! 20/11/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR listings reaches ‘50’ with Rock Davidson Associates: 50th practice on IHBC’s HESPR register of services 20/11/2020
- IHBC NewsBlog readers’ update from DBW on ‘Building People’: Focus on ‘diversity, skills, careers and social value’ 20/11/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR pick this week from £20K+ costed works: Welsh council calls for proposals linked to a country park development, closing 30/11 20/11/2020
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Grimsby urban explorer uncovers ‘forgotten village’ in Lincolnshire woods 20/11/2020
- Wales extends investment in decarbonising social housing: ORP for a green recovery 20/11/2020
- Wellcome Trust agrees £506m takeover of Urban & Civic 20/11/2020
- CLC on England’s White Paper: Unlock ‘Levelling Up’ with ‘Fourth Zone’ 20/11/2020
- FMB & partners: Government misses potential £15Bn economic boost and job creation without VAT relief 20/11/2020
- HES: £194,349 awarded to coasts and waters heritage projects 20/11/2020
- New charity launches with a mission to protect local nature, wildlife and heritage: ‘Habitats & Heritage’ 20/11/2020
- New COTAC Newsletter now out 20/11/2020
- Row over China’s plan to build its largest European embassy in London’s East End as consultation begins 20/11/2020
- IHBC’s latest HESPR registered practice: Artifex Conservation Architects, joins nearly 50 HESPR service providers working to IHBC standards 17/11/2020
- IHBC’s pre-AGM event is free (IHBC members only; 5.30 on, 03/12), and you can donate to the IHBC CREATIVE Conservation Fund on application… or after, if you missed it! 17/11/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick of the week: ‘Chinese ruins transformed into museum’ 17/11/2020
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: North Staffs sites share in £1.57bn fund for support through pandemic 17/11/2020
- AHF: Supporting community ownership in the historic heart of Dumfries 17/11/2020
- Build UK survey for CLC on impact of coronavirus pandemic: Supporting Jobs in Construction 17/11/2020
- Nominate a heritage charity to receive a festive financial boost 17/11/2020
- Environmental charities and funders trapped in ‘vicious cycle’, finds report 17/11/2020
- Historic England launches new education resources and films as part of Breaking New Ground 17/11/2020
- Treasure found on Barking building site 17/11/2020
- Voting at IHBC’s 2020 Virtual AGM (03/12)? Vote by proxy even if attending – it can be changed in the AGM – and be sure to ‘help the IHBC move past the pandemic’! 13/11/2020
- Serious about your staffing plans or career direction? Stay ahead with ‘IHBC Jobs etc.’ – conservation roles from ‘Placemaking’ in Wales and ‘Design’ with HS1, to urban, regulatory and maritime roles, and much more! 13/11/2020
Daily Archives: 10/11/2020
IHBC’s November CPD Circular now out: Accessible cross-sector listing, including IHBC’s AGM CPD with Griff Rhys Jones too!
IHBC’s November CPD Circular has been issued, highlighting Continuing Professional Development (CPD) opportunities across the sector, and this month features an IHBC ‘members-only’ free opportunity – our AGM CPD, with a special pre-AGM feature from Griff Rhys Jones.
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – our Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition quality assurance scheme for heritage services – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, with notices from across the development sector’s publications, and this week features the … Continue reading
IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Edinburgh urged to stop building new hotels and ‘reimagine’ a different future
The old Royal High School on Calton Hill has been one of Edinburgh’s most recognisable landmarks for nearly 200 years, reports The Edinburgh News, so the response to the long-awaited ruling from ministers into its proposed £75 million transformation into … Continue reading
Ramblers study reveals over 49,000+ miles of ‘lost’ historic paths – in danger of disappearing forever!
The ‘Don’t Lose Your Way campaign’ from Ramblers at the Heart of Walking (Ramblers) has found 49,138 miles of rights of way missing from the definitive map in England and Wales, which it is now racing to save by 2026, … Continue reading
England’s Ministry of Housing, Communities & Local Government (MHCLG) has issued a Consultation on proposed amendments to the Architects Act 1997. image: Open Government Licence v3.0
Historic Environment Scotland (HES) has launched a consultation to help shape it’s Equality Outcomes for 2021-25, which closes on 30 November.
The Chartered Institute of Building’s (CIOB) ‘Understanding Building Conservation’ course and ‘Building Conservation Certification Scheme’ have received official endorsement from English Heritage.
Natural England’s vision for the next five years seeks to help all children, wherever they live, to enjoy the benefits of a thriving natural environment. image: for illustration purposes only
Allchurches Trust has launched an advice and resources hub to support churches, from project planning and publicity to impact measurement and connecting with young people, while the hub also features Allchurches’ latest research. image: for illustration purposes only
The purpose of the new All-Party Parliamentary Group for Museums (APPG) chaired by Chris Skidmore, Conservative MP for Kingswood is to highlight and promote the interests of museums across the UK.
The Peter Sowerby Foundation has opened a £1.4m fund for charities developing or adapting their services in response to the coronavirus crisis. image: for illustration purposes only