Search the archive
IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
Unless made explicit, IHBC NewsBlogs are not IHBC endorsements.
- IHBC’s Day School afternoon spotlight on ‘Examining changes’: US heritage economist Donovan Rypkema leads to England’s local listing adviser and Scotland’s Director of Heritage 11/05/2021
- New data sought for IHBC’s ‘LB Prosecutions Database’: Help the IHBC help you (and in court too)! 11/05/2021
- IHBC’s Day School #IHBCMarketPlace offers web ‘Billboard’ listing + Day School for c.£100+VAT, to hear Jan Gehl, Donovan Rypkema, and more on ‘Historic Places: People Places’! 11/05/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick of the week: On ‘turning office and retail units into residential…’ from DBW 11/05/2021
- IHBC features ‘heritage from the doorstep’: Hereford historic rectory to be demolished in favour of homes 11/05/2021
- High Court dismisses legal challenge to continue LA remote meetings after 6 May 11/05/2021
- Jenners building owner launches probe after signs removed 11/05/2021
- New guide with NT shows the pathways to a stronger connection with nature 11/05/2021
- Two funds to support the uptake of neighbourhood planning in England 11/05/2021
- Ulster Canal to be restored and reopened in border region 11/05/2021
- IHBC welcomes host of new CPP APPG members, as Layla Moran, Baron Kerslake etc. are joined by Lord Vaizey, Diedre Brock MP, and more – Now 20+ and growing! 07/05/2021
- IHBC’s Day School Morning session spotlight on ‘Making changes’ in places’: Urbanist Jan Gehl anchors, McTernan on regen, and Lottery’s McGuinness on investment: from only £25+VAT, places limited! 07/05/2021
- SAHBG-IHBC Research Award launched: Celebrating the ‘quality of architectural-historical research… in heritage and conservation practice’: Closing 01/07 07/05/2021
- IHBC’s Day School #IHBCMarketPlace offers web ‘Billboard’ listing + Day School for c.£100+VAT, to hear Jan Gehl, Donovan Rypkema, and more on ‘Historic Places: People Places’! 07/05/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £79K+ costed works this week: Welsh partnership seeks digital reconstruction of site, closes 28/05, valued £9K 07/05/2021
- IHBC features ‘heritage from the doorstep’: Carham Hall – historic mansion near Borders – to be torn down 07/05/2021
- The Arts and Culture Impact Fund calls for more applicants to ‘the world’s largest creative arts impact investment fund’ 07/05/2021
- Design Council announces new ‘multi-disciplinary, diverse community of practice’ 07/05/2021
- UKRI ‘Hidden histories of environmental science’: partnership seed fund – closing 12 May 07/05/2021
- Public Practice placements for built environment practitioners: EoI before 24 May 07/05/2021
- Serious about your staffing plans or career direction? Manage risk and stay ahead with ‘IHBC Jobs etc., with a 3rd sector boost and posts ranging from ‘placemaking and heritage’ (Swansea) to IHBC-Recognised courses! 04/05/2021
- #IHBCBrighton2021 Day School ‘catch up’: ‘Making changes’, anchored by Jan Gehl; ‘Examining changes’, led by Donovan Rypkema – BOOK NOW to ensure your access to our School’s unique learning and resources 04/05/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ double-up pick of the week: Dedicated Brighton School MarketPlace guidance, and a HESPR member’s listing on the Design Council Expert network 04/05/2021
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Remains of ‘high-status’ Roman villa and bath-house beneath building site in Scarborough 04/05/2021
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Campaigners bid to halt plans to demolish cinema that inspired The Beatles 04/05/2021
Daily Archives: 10/11/2020
IHBC’s November CPD Circular now out: Accessible cross-sector listing, including IHBC’s AGM CPD with Griff Rhys Jones too!
IHBC’s November CPD Circular has been issued, highlighting Continuing Professional Development (CPD) opportunities across the sector, and this month features an IHBC ‘members-only’ free opportunity – our AGM CPD, with a special pre-AGM feature from Griff Rhys Jones.
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – our Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition quality assurance scheme for heritage services – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, with notices from across the development sector’s publications, and this week features the … Continue reading
IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Edinburgh urged to stop building new hotels and ‘reimagine’ a different future
The old Royal High School on Calton Hill has been one of Edinburgh’s most recognisable landmarks for nearly 200 years, reports The Edinburgh News, so the response to the long-awaited ruling from ministers into its proposed £75 million transformation into … Continue reading
Ramblers study reveals over 49,000+ miles of ‘lost’ historic paths – in danger of disappearing forever!
The ‘Don’t Lose Your Way campaign’ from Ramblers at the Heart of Walking (Ramblers) has found 49,138 miles of rights of way missing from the definitive map in England and Wales, which it is now racing to save by 2026, … Continue reading
England’s Ministry of Housing, Communities & Local Government (MHCLG) has issued a Consultation on proposed amendments to the Architects Act 1997. image: Open Government Licence v3.0
Historic Environment Scotland (HES) has launched a consultation to help shape it’s Equality Outcomes for 2021-25, which closes on 30 November.
The Chartered Institute of Building’s (CIOB) ‘Understanding Building Conservation’ course and ‘Building Conservation Certification Scheme’ have received official endorsement from English Heritage.
Natural England’s vision for the next five years seeks to help all children, wherever they live, to enjoy the benefits of a thriving natural environment. image: for illustration purposes only
Allchurches Trust has launched an advice and resources hub to support churches, from project planning and publicity to impact measurement and connecting with young people, while the hub also features Allchurches’ latest research. image: for illustration purposes only
The purpose of the new All-Party Parliamentary Group for Museums (APPG) chaired by Chris Skidmore, Conservative MP for Kingswood is to highlight and promote the interests of museums across the UK.
The Peter Sowerby Foundation has opened a £1.4m fund for charities developing or adapting their services in response to the coronavirus crisis. image: for illustration purposes only