Search the archive
IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
Unless made explicit, IHBC NewsBlogs are not IHBC endorsements.
- IHBC’s Day School afternoon spotlight on ‘Examining changes’: US heritage economist Donovan Rypkema leads to England’s local listing adviser and Scotland’s Director of Heritage 11/05/2021
- New data sought for IHBC’s ‘LB Prosecutions Database’: Help the IHBC help you (and in court too)! 11/05/2021
- IHBC’s Day School #IHBCMarketPlace offers web ‘Billboard’ listing + Day School for c.£100+VAT, to hear Jan Gehl, Donovan Rypkema, and more on ‘Historic Places: People Places’! 11/05/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick of the week: On ‘turning office and retail units into residential…’ from DBW 11/05/2021
- IHBC features ‘heritage from the doorstep’: Hereford historic rectory to be demolished in favour of homes 11/05/2021
- High Court dismisses legal challenge to continue LA remote meetings after 6 May 11/05/2021
- Jenners building owner launches probe after signs removed 11/05/2021
- New guide with NT shows the pathways to a stronger connection with nature 11/05/2021
- Two funds to support the uptake of neighbourhood planning in England 11/05/2021
- Ulster Canal to be restored and reopened in border region 11/05/2021
- IHBC welcomes host of new CPP APPG members, as Layla Moran, Baron Kerslake etc. are joined by Lord Vaizey, Diedre Brock MP, and more – Now 20+ and growing! 07/05/2021
- IHBC’s Day School Morning session spotlight on ‘Making changes’ in places’: Urbanist Jan Gehl anchors, McTernan on regen, and Lottery’s McGuinness on investment: from only £25+VAT, places limited! 07/05/2021
- SAHBG-IHBC Research Award launched: Celebrating the ‘quality of architectural-historical research… in heritage and conservation practice’: Closing 01/07 07/05/2021
- IHBC’s Day School #IHBCMarketPlace offers web ‘Billboard’ listing + Day School for c.£100+VAT, to hear Jan Gehl, Donovan Rypkema, and more on ‘Historic Places: People Places’! 07/05/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £79K+ costed works this week: Welsh partnership seeks digital reconstruction of site, closes 28/05, valued £9K 07/05/2021
- IHBC features ‘heritage from the doorstep’: Carham Hall – historic mansion near Borders – to be torn down 07/05/2021
- The Arts and Culture Impact Fund calls for more applicants to ‘the world’s largest creative arts impact investment fund’ 07/05/2021
- Design Council announces new ‘multi-disciplinary, diverse community of practice’ 07/05/2021
- UKRI ‘Hidden histories of environmental science’: partnership seed fund – closing 12 May 07/05/2021
- Public Practice placements for built environment practitioners: EoI before 24 May 07/05/2021
- Serious about your staffing plans or career direction? Manage risk and stay ahead with ‘IHBC Jobs etc., with a 3rd sector boost and posts ranging from ‘placemaking and heritage’ (Swansea) to IHBC-Recognised courses! 04/05/2021
- #IHBCBrighton2021 Day School ‘catch up’: ‘Making changes’, anchored by Jan Gehl; ‘Examining changes’, led by Donovan Rypkema – BOOK NOW to ensure your access to our School’s unique learning and resources 04/05/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ double-up pick of the week: Dedicated Brighton School MarketPlace guidance, and a HESPR member’s listing on the Design Council Expert network 04/05/2021
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Remains of ‘high-status’ Roman villa and bath-house beneath building site in Scarborough 04/05/2021
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Campaigners bid to halt plans to demolish cinema that inspired The Beatles 04/05/2021
Daily Archives: 13/11/2020
Voting at IHBC’s 2020 Virtual AGM (03/12)? Vote by proxy even if attending – it can be changed in the AGM – and be sure to ‘help the IHBC move past the pandemic’!
ALL IHBC members with a say at the online AGM on 3 December are called on to vote in advance ‘by proxy’, even if attending – votes during the AGM take precedence, allowing for changed positions – and ‘help the … Continue reading
Serious about your staffing plans or career direction? Stay ahead with ‘IHBC Jobs etc.’ – conservation roles from ‘Placemaking’ in Wales and ‘Design’ with HS1, to urban, regulatory and maritime roles, and much more!
To help heritage and conservation employers and practitioners across the UK, the IHBC regularly updates NewsBlog readers about the diverse career opportunities advertised on our ‘IHBC Jobs etc.’ service, while recent posts cover roles from an insightfully titled ’Placemaking and … Continue reading
IHBC’s LPA Capacity research headlines DBW’s home page: ‘Conservation advice available to local authorities falls 48.7% since 2009; 6% today have none!’
Against news from bodies such as ICE, BRE Trust, CIAT, CIOB, BSRIA etc., the IHBC’s recently launched research into England’s Local Planning Authority (LPA) conservation services has headlined the home page of Designing Buildings Wiki (DBW) – host platform for … Continue reading
IHBC CPD provider Scottish Lime Centre & HES: Data Driven Approach to Understanding Historic Mortars in Scotland
Technical Paper 32 – A Data Driven Approach to Understanding Historic Mortars in Scotland – has been issued, jointly produced by the Scottish Lime Centre Trust (SLC), which is an IHBC Recognised CPD Provider, and Historic Environment Scotland (HES).
IHBC’s HESPR pick this week: Call for a masterplan etc. for an historic Scottish harbour, closing 17/11
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – our Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition quality assurance scheme for heritage services working to the IHBC’s standards – emails its members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, and the IHBC Director’s top pick this … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘Out of Context’ CPD boost from Enfield, via Ireland: Participation, heritage and a local plan
The IHBC’s member journal Context, takes Ireland as its theme for Issue 163, but such themed issues also carry more general CPD, and this issue also has Harriet Bell remind us of the origins and importance of public participation in … Continue reading
Robert Jenrick, Secretary of State at England’s Ministry of Housing, Communities & Local Government (MHCLG), has refused planning permission for the highly contentious 20 storey tower plans for Anglia Square in the heart of the medieval city. image: Open Government … Continue reading
HE seeks advisers (including conservation professionals etc.) to inform and influence its future: Conservation, HE & London, closing 22/11
Historic England is seeking advisers with current vacancies including Historic Estate Conservation Committee, Historic England Advisory Committee and the London Advisory Committee, all with 22 November closing dates, and all potentially benefitting from skills based on conservation officer roles to … Continue reading
Cadw’s Legislation and Policy Team has begun work to consolidate the Historic Environment legislation for Wales.
Culture across the country benefits as Lifeline grants from the latest round of the £1.57 billion Culture Recovery Fund will protect a further 162 heritage sites across the country. image: North York Moors Railway for illustration purposes only – Peter … Continue reading
Plans to make every jobbing builder have to pass a test and buy a licence to trade – instigated by the Federation of Master Builders (FMB), have been shelved, reports The Construction Index. image: for illustration purposes only – Open … Continue reading
A £3.5M pledge from the Hamish Ogston Foundation to Historic England (HE) will fund a major in-work training and apprenticeships programme, helping to ensure that the craft and trade skills needed to repair and maintain historic buildings are passed on … Continue reading