Search the archive
IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
Unless made explicit, IHBC NewsBlogs are not IHBC endorsements.
- DON’T FORGET VOTE BY PROXY even if joining in the IHBC’s 2020 AGM: ‘Help the IHBC move past the pandemic’ with our historic modernisation! 20/11/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR listings reaches ‘50’ with Rock Davidson Associates: 50th practice on IHBC’s HESPR register of services 20/11/2020
- IHBC NewsBlog readers’ update from DBW on ‘Building People’: Focus on ‘diversity, skills, careers and social value’ 20/11/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR pick this week from £20K+ costed works: Welsh council calls for proposals linked to a country park development, closing 30/11 20/11/2020
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Grimsby urban explorer uncovers ‘forgotten village’ in Lincolnshire woods 20/11/2020
- Wales extends investment in decarbonising social housing: ORP for a green recovery 20/11/2020
- Wellcome Trust agrees £506m takeover of Urban & Civic 20/11/2020
- CLC on England’s White Paper: Unlock ‘Levelling Up’ with ‘Fourth Zone’ 20/11/2020
- FMB & partners: Government misses potential £15Bn economic boost and job creation without VAT relief 20/11/2020
- HES: £194,349 awarded to coasts and waters heritage projects 20/11/2020
- New charity launches with a mission to protect local nature, wildlife and heritage: ‘Habitats & Heritage’ 20/11/2020
- New COTAC Newsletter now out 20/11/2020
- Row over China’s plan to build its largest European embassy in London’s East End as consultation begins 20/11/2020
- IHBC’s latest HESPR registered practice: Artifex Conservation Architects, joins nearly 50 HESPR service providers working to IHBC standards 17/11/2020
- IHBC’s pre-AGM event is free (IHBC members only; 5.30 on, 03/12), and you can donate to the IHBC CREATIVE Conservation Fund on application… or after, if you missed it! 17/11/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick of the week: ‘Chinese ruins transformed into museum’ 17/11/2020
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: North Staffs sites share in £1.57bn fund for support through pandemic 17/11/2020
- AHF: Supporting community ownership in the historic heart of Dumfries 17/11/2020
- Build UK survey for CLC on impact of coronavirus pandemic: Supporting Jobs in Construction 17/11/2020
- Nominate a heritage charity to receive a festive financial boost 17/11/2020
- Environmental charities and funders trapped in ‘vicious cycle’, finds report 17/11/2020
- Historic England launches new education resources and films as part of Breaking New Ground 17/11/2020
- Treasure found on Barking building site 17/11/2020
- Voting at IHBC’s 2020 Virtual AGM (03/12)? Vote by proxy even if attending – it can be changed in the AGM – and be sure to ‘help the IHBC move past the pandemic’! 13/11/2020
- Serious about your staffing plans or career direction? Stay ahead with ‘IHBC Jobs etc.’ – conservation roles from ‘Placemaking’ in Wales and ‘Design’ with HS1, to urban, regulatory and maritime roles, and much more! 13/11/2020
Daily Archives: 17/11/2020
IHBC’s latest HESPR registered practice: Artifex Conservation Architects, joins nearly 50 HESPR service providers working to IHBC standards
Artifex Conservation Architects has become the latest company to join the IHBC’s conservation and heritage services ‘HESPR’ quality assurance register, the IHBC’s listing and support service that nears 50 service providers working to IHBC standards.
IHBC’s pre-AGM event is free (IHBC members only; 5.30 on, 03/12), and you can donate to the IHBC CREATIVE Conservation Fund on application… or after, if you missed it!
If lucky enough to be an IHBC member (any category) and able to join the IHBC’s 2020 AGM and free pre-AGM proceedings from 5.30PM on 3 December – with a filmed welcome from Griff Rhys Jones and School updates –you … Continue reading
IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick of the week: ‘Chinese ruins transformed into museum’
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – our Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition quality assurance scheme for heritage services – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, with notices from across the development sector’s publications, and this week features Dezeen’s … Continue reading
IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: North Staffs sites share in £1.57bn fund for support through pandemic
Ford Green Hall and Middleport Pottery in North Staffordshire are among the heritage organisations to receive funding to support them though pandemic.
The Architectural Heritage Fund (AHF) has invested £10K towards the regeneration of the Mid-Steeple Quarter project in Dumfries, including allowing use ‘as a community space for local groups, for pop-up events and a re-makery shop.’ image: AHF website
The results of the second cross-industry ‘People Survey’, carried out by Build UK on behalf of the Construction Leadership Council (CLC) in September provides an up to date snapshot of the ongoing impact of the coronavirus pandemic on the construction … Continue reading
Ecclesiastical Insurance is giving £120,000 to good causes as part of its annual 12 days of giving Christmas campaign and is inviting people to nominate a registered charity close to their hearts to benefit from this festive financial boost.
Environment charities and funders are ‘stuck in a vicious cycle’ where work is underfunded, leading to less impact and less ability to attract funding, a report has warned. image: for illustration purposes only – Apollo 17/Public Domain
Historic England has launched new education resources created to help primary school teachers engage key stage two pupils in the history of buildings, as part of the Breaking New Ground project supported by the John Laing Charitable Trust.
Potentially valuable Roman artefacts have been recovered from a building site in Barking, Essex.