Search the archive
IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
Unless made explicit, IHBC NewsBlogs are not IHBC endorsements.
- IHBC’s Day School afternoon spotlight on ‘Examining changes’: US heritage economist Donovan Rypkema leads to England’s local listing adviser and Scotland’s Director of Heritage 11/05/2021
- New data sought for IHBC’s ‘LB Prosecutions Database’: Help the IHBC help you (and in court too)! 11/05/2021
- IHBC’s Day School #IHBCMarketPlace offers web ‘Billboard’ listing + Day School for c.£100+VAT, to hear Jan Gehl, Donovan Rypkema, and more on ‘Historic Places: People Places’! 11/05/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick of the week: On ‘turning office and retail units into residential…’ from DBW 11/05/2021
- IHBC features ‘heritage from the doorstep’: Hereford historic rectory to be demolished in favour of homes 11/05/2021
- High Court dismisses legal challenge to continue LA remote meetings after 6 May 11/05/2021
- Jenners building owner launches probe after signs removed 11/05/2021
- New guide with NT shows the pathways to a stronger connection with nature 11/05/2021
- Two funds to support the uptake of neighbourhood planning in England 11/05/2021
- Ulster Canal to be restored and reopened in border region 11/05/2021
- IHBC welcomes host of new CPP APPG members, as Layla Moran, Baron Kerslake etc. are joined by Lord Vaizey, Diedre Brock MP, and more – Now 20+ and growing! 07/05/2021
- IHBC’s Day School Morning session spotlight on ‘Making changes’ in places’: Urbanist Jan Gehl anchors, McTernan on regen, and Lottery’s McGuinness on investment: from only £25+VAT, places limited! 07/05/2021
- SAHBG-IHBC Research Award launched: Celebrating the ‘quality of architectural-historical research… in heritage and conservation practice’: Closing 01/07 07/05/2021
- IHBC’s Day School #IHBCMarketPlace offers web ‘Billboard’ listing + Day School for c.£100+VAT, to hear Jan Gehl, Donovan Rypkema, and more on ‘Historic Places: People Places’! 07/05/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £79K+ costed works this week: Welsh partnership seeks digital reconstruction of site, closes 28/05, valued £9K 07/05/2021
- IHBC features ‘heritage from the doorstep’: Carham Hall – historic mansion near Borders – to be torn down 07/05/2021
- The Arts and Culture Impact Fund calls for more applicants to ‘the world’s largest creative arts impact investment fund’ 07/05/2021
- Design Council announces new ‘multi-disciplinary, diverse community of practice’ 07/05/2021
- UKRI ‘Hidden histories of environmental science’: partnership seed fund – closing 12 May 07/05/2021
- Public Practice placements for built environment practitioners: EoI before 24 May 07/05/2021
- Serious about your staffing plans or career direction? Manage risk and stay ahead with ‘IHBC Jobs etc., with a 3rd sector boost and posts ranging from ‘placemaking and heritage’ (Swansea) to IHBC-Recognised courses! 04/05/2021
- #IHBCBrighton2021 Day School ‘catch up’: ‘Making changes’, anchored by Jan Gehl; ‘Examining changes’, led by Donovan Rypkema – BOOK NOW to ensure your access to our School’s unique learning and resources 04/05/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ double-up pick of the week: Dedicated Brighton School MarketPlace guidance, and a HESPR member’s listing on the Design Council Expert network 04/05/2021
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Remains of ‘high-status’ Roman villa and bath-house beneath building site in Scarborough 04/05/2021
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Campaigners bid to halt plans to demolish cinema that inspired The Beatles 04/05/2021
Daily Archives: 20/11/2020
DON’T FORGET VOTE BY PROXY even if joining in the IHBC’s 2020 AGM: ‘Help the IHBC move past the pandemic’ with our historic modernisation!
ALL IHBC members with a say at the online AGM on 3 December are called on to vote in advance ‘by proxy’, even if attending – votes during the AGM take precedence, so these can be changed on the day … Continue reading
IHBC’s HESPR listings reaches ‘50’ with Rock Davidson Associates: 50th practice on IHBC’s HESPR register of services
Rock Davidson Associates – a small experienced practice in the Midlands specialising in historic building assessments and historic building conservation – is the latest company to join the IHBC’s conservation and heritage services ‘HESPR’ quality assurance register, as membership of … Continue reading
IHBC NewsBlog readers’ update from DBW on ‘Building People’: Focus on ‘diversity, skills, careers and social value’
Designing Buildings Wiki (DBW) – host platform for the IHBC’s Conservation Wiki as well as the ‘construction industry knowledge base’ – has developed a microsite focused on diversity, skills, careers and social value to help ‘make construction and the built … Continue reading
IHBC’s HESPR pick this week from £20K+ costed works: Welsh council calls for proposals linked to a country park development, closing 30/11
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – our Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition quality assurance scheme for heritage services working to the IHBC’s standards – emails its members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, and the IHBC Director’s top pick this … Continue reading
IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Grimsby urban explorer uncovers ‘forgotten village’ in Lincolnshire woods
An urban explorer has uncovered a ‘forgotten village’ within a Lincolnshire woods, the Grimsby Telegraph has reported. image: Grimsby Telegraph -Steve Gray
The Welsh Government has given the green light and a further £10M to a major new programme that will transform social housing across Wales, boost the economy and open the door to a new Welsh industry: the Optimised Retrofit Programme … Continue reading
The Wellcome Trust has agreed a £506 million takeover of a London-listed developer that specialises in building huge developments in commuter hotspots on brownfield sites.
The response to England’s Planning White Paper consultation the Construction Leadership Council (CLC) has called for the creation of a so called ‘fourth zone’ that would unlock tricky regeneration opportunities that have been blocked by existing planning rules.
FMB & partners: Government misses potential £15Bn economic boost and job creation without VAT relief
The Federation of Master Builders (FMB) has called on the Government cut VAT on home improvement works to 5% to boost jobs and stimulate the economy.
Historic Environment Scotland (HES) has awarded funding to eighteen projects across the country. image: HES
New charity launches with a mission to protect local nature, wildlife and heritage: ‘Habitats & Heritage’
On 5 November 2020 ‘Habitats & Heritage’, a new charity dedicated to looking after the natural and historic environment in south and west London has launched, a result of the merger of Environment Trust and South West London Environment Network … Continue reading
COTAC’s fourth Newsletter has been published, with news, updates and more from across COTAC and its networks, including heritage data, understanding conservation and climate change. Download the Newsletter here.
Row over China’s plan to build its largest European embassy in London’s East End as consultation begins
China’s ambassador to the UK Liu Xiaoming has written to the mayor of Tower Hamlets John Biggs to say he believes councillors are ‘attempting to disrupt’ the new embassy.