Search the archive
IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
Unless made explicit, IHBC NewsBlogs are not IHBC endorsements.
- Donovan Rypkema, lead US heritage economist, co-anchors IHBC’s 2021 Day School, and eyes ‘innovative format’ of School MarketPlace for ‘the chance to share…’ 10/04/2021
- IHBC Chair offers sympathies on Peter Ainsworth’s sudden passing: ‘a passionate advocate for heritage’ 10/04/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £1M+ costed works this week: Call for tenders linked to conservation architectural services, valued at £660K, closing 04/05 10/04/2021
- CLC Survey: Professional Indemnity Insurance restrictions harming industry 10/04/2021
- HES: New technical guidance to help protect historic buildings from climate change published 10/04/2021
- Commonplace funded to ‘reimagine planning notices’ in England 10/04/2021
- Appointments to the Design Commission for Wales 10/04/2021
- High Court bid to extend local authority remote meetings beyond 6 May 10/04/2021
- NLHF and Young Foundation ask ‘How can innovation help us do the best we can for the future of heritage?’ – workshops 19/20 April 10/04/2021
- England’s Chief Planner letter relays to LA planners new PDR and heritage protection controls 10/04/2021
- BT dials up ‘Adopt a Kiosk’ scheme – with almost 4,000 red phone boxes available for local communities to adopt for just £1 10/04/2021
- IHBC welcomes £400M for 2,700+ arts, culture, heritage organisation etc., especially for smaller charities 06/04/2021
- IHBC welcomes new entry to ‘Recognised Courses’ list– Liverpool’s MA in Sustainable Heritage Management – with ‘virtual’ insights to course (‘All welcome’) 13/04 06/04/2021
- IHBC’s Heritage signpost: New ‘Heritage Counts’ Research issued – ‘Know your Home, know your carbon…’ 06/04/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick of the week: IHBC’s consultation on extending HESPR members’ advisory profile 06/04/2021
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Work to save Hurst Castle wall was ‘just days away’ before collapse 06/04/2021
- Welsh Government Consultation on Heritage Partnership Agreements – Draft Regulations and Guidance 06/04/2021
- Construction Sector Backs CLC National Retrofit Strategy 06/04/2021
- Consultation on Scottish skills requirements for energy efficiency etc. homes, closes 30/04 06/04/2021
- Wates launches free sustainability innovation network 06/04/2021
- Hoskins Architects wins Civic Trust Award for Aberdeen Art Gallery revamp 06/04/2021
- Shared regional principles for protecting, restoring and enhancing the environment in the Oxford-Cambridge Arc 06/04/2021
- More than 85 abandoned railways put forward for restoration 06/04/2021
- Serious about your staffing plans or career direction? Stay ahead with ‘IHBC Jobs etc.’: Roles like HES Designation Head call for conservation-related skills across UK’s public, private and third sectors! 02/04/2021
- See IHBC’s priority CPD taster from John Edwards, on ‘Retrofit of Traditional Buildings’ on YouTube 02/04/2021
Daily Archives: 02/02/2021
The cross-sector partnership of lead national and international bodies – including the IHBC and the Friends of the Earth (FoE) – that signed a Joint Statement to ‘express our deep concern about the latest proposals for the expansion of Permitted … Continue reading
The IHBC has launched a feedback form for users of our CPD Recognised Service Provider network.
The Ecclesiastical Heritage Risk Barometer 2020 offers research to help answer the question: ‘How can the heritage sector adapt and thrive in the digital age’?
IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick of the week: SCN on Edinburgh’s Royal High School – ‘… back on the market’
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – our Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition quality assurance scheme for heritage services – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, with news from across the development sector, and this week features Scottish Construction … Continue reading
IHBC features ‘Heritage from the (construction) doorstep’: Historic Paisley buildings being restored to former glory
A £4.5m project to restore some of Paisley town centre’s historic architecture to its former glory has now completed work at several prominent sites on and around the town’s High Street, Scottish Construction Now reports.
Ireland-Scotland ‘Joint Bilateral Review Report’: Construction among ‘most promising’ sectors for closer business ties
A joint ‘bilateral review report’ into enhanced cooperation and collaboration between Scotland and Ireland has earmarked construction and renewable energy as two of the most promising sectors in the economic relations between the two countries.
Prime Minister Boris Johnson has launched the Build Back Better Council which hopes to unlock investment, boost job creation and level up the whole of the UK. image: Open Government Licence v3.0
Brisbane Observatory, Govanhill Baths and The Ridge Foundations CIC are among the latest round of Historic Environment Support Fund recipients. image: HES – Traditional Lochalsh single storey, 3-bay cottage
Over 400 historic places have been added to the National Heritage List for England during 2020 and as the year draws to a close, Historic England celebrates the sites that have gained protection. image: Selfridges department store, London © Historic … Continue reading