Search the archive
IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
Unless made explicit, IHBC NewsBlogs are not IHBC endorsements.
- Donovan Rypkema, lead US heritage economist, co-anchors IHBC’s 2021 Day School, and eyes ‘innovative format’ of School MarketPlace for ‘the chance to share…’ 10/04/2021
- IHBC Chair offers sympathies on Peter Ainsworth’s sudden passing: ‘a passionate advocate for heritage’ 10/04/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £1M+ costed works this week: Call for tenders linked to conservation architectural services, valued at £660K, closing 04/05 10/04/2021
- CLC Survey: Professional Indemnity Insurance restrictions harming industry 10/04/2021
- HES: New technical guidance to help protect historic buildings from climate change published 10/04/2021
- Commonplace funded to ‘reimagine planning notices’ in England 10/04/2021
- Appointments to the Design Commission for Wales 10/04/2021
- High Court bid to extend local authority remote meetings beyond 6 May 10/04/2021
- NLHF and Young Foundation ask ‘How can innovation help us do the best we can for the future of heritage?’ – workshops 19/20 April 10/04/2021
- England’s Chief Planner letter relays to LA planners new PDR and heritage protection controls 10/04/2021
- BT dials up ‘Adopt a Kiosk’ scheme – with almost 4,000 red phone boxes available for local communities to adopt for just £1 10/04/2021
- IHBC welcomes £400M for 2,700+ arts, culture, heritage organisation etc., especially for smaller charities 06/04/2021
- IHBC welcomes new entry to ‘Recognised Courses’ list– Liverpool’s MA in Sustainable Heritage Management – with ‘virtual’ insights to course (‘All welcome’) 13/04 06/04/2021
- IHBC’s Heritage signpost: New ‘Heritage Counts’ Research issued – ‘Know your Home, know your carbon…’ 06/04/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick of the week: IHBC’s consultation on extending HESPR members’ advisory profile 06/04/2021
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Work to save Hurst Castle wall was ‘just days away’ before collapse 06/04/2021
- Welsh Government Consultation on Heritage Partnership Agreements – Draft Regulations and Guidance 06/04/2021
- Construction Sector Backs CLC National Retrofit Strategy 06/04/2021
- Consultation on Scottish skills requirements for energy efficiency etc. homes, closes 30/04 06/04/2021
- Wates launches free sustainability innovation network 06/04/2021
- Hoskins Architects wins Civic Trust Award for Aberdeen Art Gallery revamp 06/04/2021
- Shared regional principles for protecting, restoring and enhancing the environment in the Oxford-Cambridge Arc 06/04/2021
- More than 85 abandoned railways put forward for restoration 06/04/2021
- Serious about your staffing plans or career direction? Stay ahead with ‘IHBC Jobs etc.’: Roles like HES Designation Head call for conservation-related skills across UK’s public, private and third sectors! 02/04/2021
- See IHBC’s priority CPD taster from John Edwards, on ‘Retrofit of Traditional Buildings’ on YouTube 02/04/2021
Daily Archives: 09/02/2021
IHBC’s new CPD Circular now out: Accessible cross-sector learning support, with career, awards and more, so sign up or submit events for free!
The IHBC’s regular CPD Circular is out, offering ‘members and their networks… up-to-date information on continuing professional development (CPD)’, free to non-members and with free events postings too!
REMINDER: 2021 #IHBCMarshAwards: ‘Your chance to nominate ‘retired IHBC members’ and/or ‘successful learners’ for our awards’, extended closing date of 31 March
The IHBC’s Marsh Awards, developed in partnership with the Marsh Christian Trust, has launched the two 2021 Awards – for civic contributions by retired members, and for successful learning in heritage skills – with prizes that include £500 and a free … Continue reading
Savills agency has issued a summary of its new research linked to sustainability. image: for illustration purposes only
IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick of the week: LA times & Dezeen on Frank Gehry’s LA River upgrade… and atonement?
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – our Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition quality assurance scheme for heritage services – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, with news from across the development sector, and this week features the LA … Continue reading
IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Fight the Tower campaign announces first victory as Mayor reconsiders Hondo Tower
Brixton Buzz reports on the GLA’s Head of Development has quashed the Mayor’s decision to allow Lambeth Council’s controversial grant of planning permission for the local Taylor Tower go ahead, on the grounds that Lambeth Council did not provide the … Continue reading
The 2019-2020 Annual Report and Accounts for Historic England, as laid before Parliament on 17 December, have been published.
RTPI Scotland is calling on the Scottish government to provide support for communities to help them shape where they live in the wake of Covid-19. image: RTPI website
The 2020-21 RSA Student Design Awards competition – with prizes that include over £22,000 in cash and paid industry placements – is officially open for entries with a final deadline on 10 March 2021.
A scheme to expand and transform one of Scotland’s busiest arts venues into a greener, year-round cultural destination is among the projects being supported by the Clyde Mission Fund.
As offshore oil and gas platforms come to the end of their working lives, one way in which these old rigs can be remarkably useful is that the subsurface rig can provide the ideal skeleton for coral reefs, allowing the … Continue reading