Search the archive
IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
Unless made explicit, IHBC NewsBlogs are not IHBC endorsements.
- Donovan Rypkema, lead US heritage economist, co-anchors IHBC’s 2021 Day School, and eyes ‘innovative format’ of School MarketPlace for ‘the chance to share…’ 10/04/2021
- IHBC Chair offers sympathies on Peter Ainsworth’s sudden passing: ‘a passionate advocate for heritage’ 10/04/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £1M+ costed works this week: Call for tenders linked to conservation architectural services, valued at £660K, closing 04/05 10/04/2021
- CLC Survey: Professional Indemnity Insurance restrictions harming industry 10/04/2021
- HES: New technical guidance to help protect historic buildings from climate change published 10/04/2021
- Commonplace funded to ‘reimagine planning notices’ in England 10/04/2021
- Appointments to the Design Commission for Wales 10/04/2021
- High Court bid to extend local authority remote meetings beyond 6 May 10/04/2021
- NLHF and Young Foundation ask ‘How can innovation help us do the best we can for the future of heritage?’ – workshops 19/20 April 10/04/2021
- England’s Chief Planner letter relays to LA planners new PDR and heritage protection controls 10/04/2021
- BT dials up ‘Adopt a Kiosk’ scheme – with almost 4,000 red phone boxes available for local communities to adopt for just £1 10/04/2021
- IHBC welcomes £400M for 2,700+ arts, culture, heritage organisation etc., especially for smaller charities 06/04/2021
- IHBC welcomes new entry to ‘Recognised Courses’ list– Liverpool’s MA in Sustainable Heritage Management – with ‘virtual’ insights to course (‘All welcome’) 13/04 06/04/2021
- IHBC’s Heritage signpost: New ‘Heritage Counts’ Research issued – ‘Know your Home, know your carbon…’ 06/04/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick of the week: IHBC’s consultation on extending HESPR members’ advisory profile 06/04/2021
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Work to save Hurst Castle wall was ‘just days away’ before collapse 06/04/2021
- Welsh Government Consultation on Heritage Partnership Agreements – Draft Regulations and Guidance 06/04/2021
- Construction Sector Backs CLC National Retrofit Strategy 06/04/2021
- Consultation on Scottish skills requirements for energy efficiency etc. homes, closes 30/04 06/04/2021
- Wates launches free sustainability innovation network 06/04/2021
- Hoskins Architects wins Civic Trust Award for Aberdeen Art Gallery revamp 06/04/2021
- Shared regional principles for protecting, restoring and enhancing the environment in the Oxford-Cambridge Arc 06/04/2021
- More than 85 abandoned railways put forward for restoration 06/04/2021
- Serious about your staffing plans or career direction? Stay ahead with ‘IHBC Jobs etc.’: Roles like HES Designation Head call for conservation-related skills across UK’s public, private and third sectors! 02/04/2021
- See IHBC’s priority CPD taster from John Edwards, on ‘Retrofit of Traditional Buildings’ on YouTube 02/04/2021
Daily Archives: 23/02/2021
John Edwards, IHBC Technical Panel Chair and Trustee, will introduce ‘Building Survey for Retrofit’ to IHBC members in a free stand-alone IHBC CPD certified 1-hour session that also serves as a taster for fee-based IHBC CPD programmes previously delayed by … Continue reading
The IHBC’s newest Recognised CPD Provider The Green Register (TGR) – an independent, self-funded and not-for-profit company training ‘construction professionals from all disciplines’ is offering IHBC members a 10% discount on any TGR event.
The Department for Digital, Culture, Media & Sport (DCMS) has issued an assessment of the current state of the literature valuing the services provided by culture and heritage assets.
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – our Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition quality assurance scheme for heritage services – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, with news from across the development sector, and this week features a post … Continue reading
Commissioned as part of the High Streets Heritage Action Zones (HAZ) Cultural Programme, led by Historic England (HE), ten new films created by contemporary filmmakers in collaboration with young creatives, exploring what the future of the high street could be, … Continue reading
The Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS) has launched virtual CSCS cards and a new app. image: CM website
The National Churches Trust Budget Representation 2021has been issued: Making the financial case for the social value of church buildings.
Welsh Minister for Housing and Local Government Julie James has made a written statement concerning second homes in Wales, indicating ‘commitment to a range of policy initiatives’.
A new £10M fund from Defra and others will provide grants of up to £100,000 to environmental groups, local authorities, businesses & other organisations. image: Open Government Licence v3.0
A discussion paper from The Scottish Land Commission (SLC) proposes three new legislative measures to modernise land ownership in Scotland and to support a dynamic and productive economy by addressing the adverse effects of Scotland’s unusually concentrated land ownership.
Celebrating the world’s greatest brick architecture and craftsmanship, the Brick Development Association (BDA) is hosting a call for free entries to the Brick Awards 2021, with categories including Urban regeneration, Refurbishment, Innovations, and Craftsmanship, and closing 14 May.