Search the archive
IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
Unless made explicit, IHBC NewsBlogs are not IHBC endorsements.
- IHBC’s Day School afternoon spotlight on ‘Examining changes’: US heritage economist Donovan Rypkema leads to England’s local listing adviser and Scotland’s Director of Heritage 11/05/2021
- New data sought for IHBC’s ‘LB Prosecutions Database’: Help the IHBC help you (and in court too)! 11/05/2021
- IHBC’s Day School #IHBCMarketPlace offers web ‘Billboard’ listing + Day School for c.£100+VAT, to hear Jan Gehl, Donovan Rypkema, and more on ‘Historic Places: People Places’! 11/05/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick of the week: On ‘turning office and retail units into residential…’ from DBW 11/05/2021
- IHBC features ‘heritage from the doorstep’: Hereford historic rectory to be demolished in favour of homes 11/05/2021
- High Court dismisses legal challenge to continue LA remote meetings after 6 May 11/05/2021
- Jenners building owner launches probe after signs removed 11/05/2021
- New guide with NT shows the pathways to a stronger connection with nature 11/05/2021
- Two funds to support the uptake of neighbourhood planning in England 11/05/2021
- Ulster Canal to be restored and reopened in border region 11/05/2021
- IHBC welcomes host of new CPP APPG members, as Layla Moran, Baron Kerslake etc. are joined by Lord Vaizey, Diedre Brock MP, and more – Now 20+ and growing! 07/05/2021
- IHBC’s Day School Morning session spotlight on ‘Making changes’ in places’: Urbanist Jan Gehl anchors, McTernan on regen, and Lottery’s McGuinness on investment: from only £25+VAT, places limited! 07/05/2021
- SAHBG-IHBC Research Award launched: Celebrating the ‘quality of architectural-historical research… in heritage and conservation practice’: Closing 01/07 07/05/2021
- IHBC’s Day School #IHBCMarketPlace offers web ‘Billboard’ listing + Day School for c.£100+VAT, to hear Jan Gehl, Donovan Rypkema, and more on ‘Historic Places: People Places’! 07/05/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £79K+ costed works this week: Welsh partnership seeks digital reconstruction of site, closes 28/05, valued £9K 07/05/2021
- IHBC features ‘heritage from the doorstep’: Carham Hall – historic mansion near Borders – to be torn down 07/05/2021
- The Arts and Culture Impact Fund calls for more applicants to ‘the world’s largest creative arts impact investment fund’ 07/05/2021
- Design Council announces new ‘multi-disciplinary, diverse community of practice’ 07/05/2021
- UKRI ‘Hidden histories of environmental science’: partnership seed fund – closing 12 May 07/05/2021
- Public Practice placements for built environment practitioners: EoI before 24 May 07/05/2021
- Serious about your staffing plans or career direction? Manage risk and stay ahead with ‘IHBC Jobs etc., with a 3rd sector boost and posts ranging from ‘placemaking and heritage’ (Swansea) to IHBC-Recognised courses! 04/05/2021
- #IHBCBrighton2021 Day School ‘catch up’: ‘Making changes’, anchored by Jan Gehl; ‘Examining changes’, led by Donovan Rypkema – BOOK NOW to ensure your access to our School’s unique learning and resources 04/05/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ double-up pick of the week: Dedicated Brighton School MarketPlace guidance, and a HESPR member’s listing on the Design Council Expert network 04/05/2021
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Remains of ‘high-status’ Roman villa and bath-house beneath building site in Scarborough 04/05/2021
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Campaigners bid to halt plans to demolish cinema that inspired The Beatles 04/05/2021
Daily Archives: 06/04/2021
IHBC welcomes £400M for 2,700+ arts, culture, heritage organisation etc., especially for smaller charities
The IHBC has welcomed the news that £400M has been allocated across more than 2,700 arts, culture, heritage organisations etc. to help the culture and heritage sector reopen and recover.
IHBC welcomes new entry to ‘Recognised Courses’ list– Liverpool’s MA in Sustainable Heritage Management – with ‘virtual’ insights to course (‘All welcome’) 13/04
The IHBC is delighted to welcome a new entry on its list of Recognised Courses, this time the MA in Sustainable Heritage Management from Liverpool University’s School, with a free ‘virtual’ insights event for the course on open offer on … Continue reading
IHBC’s Heritage signpost: New ‘Heritage Counts’ Research issued – ‘Know your Home, know your carbon…’
The new Heritage Counts report ‘Know your home, know your carbon: reducing carbon emissions in traditional homes‘ was launched at England’s recent Heritage Day, which noted that ‘Carefully retrofitting our historic homes could save up to 84% in carbon emissions’.
IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick of the week: IHBC’s consultation on extending HESPR members’ advisory profile
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – our Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition quality assurance scheme for heritage services – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, with plans for launching a new HESPR-linked service offering 15-minutes free advice (with … Continue reading
IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Work to save Hurst Castle wall was ‘just days away’ before collapse
WORK to strengthen Hurst Castle was just days away from starting when a huge section collapsed into the sea, New Forest West MP Sir Desmond Swayne has reported, writes The Advertiser and Times.
The Welsh Government wants to introduce agreements for the management of the historic environment and it has launched a consultation concerning draft Regulations and Guidance which it has issued, closing 12 April 2021.
Fifty organisations, including representatives of the energy and water sectors, are backing the Construction Leadership Council’s ‘National Retrofit Strategy’ which sets out a twenty-year blueprint to transform the nation’s housing stock to make it greener and more energy efficient.
A consultation on Scottish skills requirements for energy efficiency, zero emissions and low carbon heating systems, microgeneration and heat networks for homes, closes 30 Apr 2021.
Wates has launched an online marketplace that will connect companies free of charge with partners who can offer solutions to help meet sustainability targets.
Hoskins Architects transformational project at Aberdeen Art Gallery has won the National Panel Special Award at the Civic Trust Awards. image: Civic Trust Awards website
Shared regional principles for protecting, restoring and enhancing the environment in the Oxford-Cambridge Arc
The Oxford-Cambridge Arc Leadership Group (Ox-Cam Arc Leaders) says it is putting environment at heart of all decisions as its ‘New Environment Principles’ set out a clear ambition to protect, restore, enhance and create new nature areas and natural capital … Continue reading
The third and final round of the Restoring Your Railway ideas fund has now closed, with more than 85 bids received to restore old railway lines to their former glory.