Search the archive
IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
Unless made explicit, IHBC NewsBlogs are not IHBC endorsements.
- IHBC’s new CPD Circular School Edition update: Lord Kerslake welcomes; School sponsors MFL Affinity takes MarketPlace Stall, and much more! 16/06/2021
- ‘Single Seminar’ options at 17 June School @ £10+VAT: Asset management OR Retrofit OR 21st Century education & training OR Communities and Campaigning! 16/06/2021
- IHBC’s heritage from Design to Economics, from £30+VAT: Jan Gehl (Design) + Donovan Rypkema (Economics) + High Streets + Lottery + Local listing + Participation – Book now and ask questions early! 16/06/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick: News selection form IHBC virtual 2021 School MarketPlace Stallholder Designing Buildings Wiki 16/06/2021
- IHBC’s features ‘Heritage from the (construction) doorstep’: Video marks end of Inverness Townscape Heritage Project 16/06/2021
- RTPI announces launch of new network for politicians involved in planning 16/06/2021
- Design Council: Using design as a force for change 16/06/2021
- CITB on Levy Proposals and Consultation 16/06/2021
- BSI: New competence standards for work in buildings 16/06/2021
- Government urged to support creation of thousands of new green jobs in areas with greatest employment challenges 16/06/2021
- IHBC Signpost: Leonardo da Vinci Designs the Ideal City: See 3D Models of His Radical Design 16/06/2021
- Fancy a freebie at the IHBC’s Virtual School? #IHBCBrighton2021 or can’t attend live?Just ask the best question by 17/06 and get the fee back! 11/06/2021
- Connecting conservation across continents: Roundup by Rypkema & PlaceEconomics – from Reading Gaol to the ’21 Tulsa Race Massacre, linked at IHBC’s virtual 2021 School on 18/06! 11/06/2021
- Customised learning at IHBC’s School Heritage MarketPlace, 18/06: Tell our MarketPlace Stallholders what you want! 11/06/2021
- REMINDER: Single Seminar’ options at 17 June School #IHBCBrighton2021 @ £10+VAT: Asset management OR Retrofit OR 21st Century education & training OR Communities and Campaigning! 11/06/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £872.5K+ costed works this week: Park Authority seeks Walkover Surveys, valued from £1250 11/06/2021
- Demolition of ‘beautiful’ historic and protected cottage leads to prosecution of East Meon developer 11/06/2021
- Parliamentary report on England’s planning reforms: ‘Reconsider the three areas proposal’ and publish impact assessment on historic buildings and sites 11/06/2021
- AHF 2020/21 ‘Impact Report’ now out: To ‘evaluate our overarching impact’ 11/06/2021
- HES: New plan to promote equality, diversity and inclusion from IHBC School MarketPlace Stallholder 11/06/2021
- Now out: Biodiversity in new housing developments: creating wildlife-friendly communities 11/06/2021
- IHBC signpost Dave Stitt opinion piece via IHBC School MarketPlace Stallholder CIOB Academy: Six questions construction leaders should ask themselves about quality 11/06/2021
- #IHBCBrighton2021 welcomes more virtual ‘Heritage MarketPlace’ stalls and learning: Lottery, CIOB Academy, HE, HES, BEFS, ICON, YALE UP, IHBC’s CPP APPG, Energy Savers, DB Wiki, HTN, THA, Hirst & Murphy Associates – offering dedicated virtual sessions from casework, products and practice to BPNs, advocacy, funding priorities and more! 08/06/2021
- IHBC’s CPD Circular now out: 2021 School updates Cost-effective cross-sector support, with free sign up/events listings. 08/06/2021
- REMINDER: Single Seminar’ options at 17 June School #IHBCBrighton2021 @ £10+VAT: Asset management OR Retrofit OR 21st Century education & training OR Communities and Campaigning! 08/06/2021
Daily Archives: 07/05/2021
IHBC welcomes host of new CPP APPG members, as Layla Moran, Baron Kerslake etc. are joined by Lord Vaizey, Diedre Brock MP, and more – Now 20+ and growing!
The IHBC, as secretariat to Westminster’s All-Party Parliamentary Group (APPG) on ‘Conservation, Places and People’ (CPP APPG) @CPPeopleAPPG, is delighted to welcome a host of new members to join Chair Layla Moran MP, co-Vice Chair Baron Kerslake and others, including … Continue reading
IHBC’s Day School Morning session spotlight on ‘Making changes’ in places’: Urbanist Jan Gehl anchors, McTernan on regen, and Lottery’s McGuinness on investment: from only £25+VAT, places limited!
The IHBC is delighted to host the globally renowned urbanist, Jan Gehl, on design, Paul McTernan, private sector regeneration planner, and the Heritage Fund’s Business Delivery executive director Eilish McGuinness at the first Brighton Day School webinar #IHBCBrighton2021 on 18 … Continue reading
SAHBG-IHBC Research Award launched: Celebrating the ‘quality of architectural-historical research… in heritage and conservation practice’: Closing 01/07
The IHBC is delighted to announce a new joint venture with the Society of Architectural Historians of Great Britain (SAHGB) that celebrates the quality of architectural-historical research produced as private consultants or for public bodies etc., with winners to receive … Continue reading
IHBC’s Day School #IHBCMarketPlace offers web ‘Billboard’ listing + Day School for c.£100+VAT, to hear Jan Gehl, Donovan Rypkema, and more on ‘Historic Places: People Places’!
Businesses, suppliers, charities, societies, trusts and others can access the IHBC’s 2021 School and delegates – including our Day School content – for around £100+VAT, with a stall at our virtual School ‘Heritage MarketPlace’ on 18 June. #IHBCBrighton2021 #IHBCMarketPlace.
IHBC’s HESPR pick from £79K+ costed works this week: Welsh partnership seeks digital reconstruction of site, closes 28/05, valued £9K
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – our Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition quality assurance for heritage services – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, and the Director’s pick features this week features is the call by a partnership … Continue reading
IHBC features ‘heritage from the doorstep’: Carham Hall – historic mansion near Borders – to be torn down
An historic mansion near the Borders, Carham Hall in Northumberland, is set to be demolished writes The Border Telegraph.
The Arts and Culture Impact Fund calls for more applicants to ‘the world’s largest creative arts impact investment fund’
Following the successful first £1.2million round of funding, the world’s largest creative arts impact investment fund is now launching its next round of support loans.
The Design Council has announced its refreshed network of more than 400 built and natural environment experts who ‘collectively embody the organisation’s commitment to make life better by design’.
Apply for funding to UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) to help form a new interdisciplinary partnership, closing 12 May.
For public authorities across the country one of the biggest barriers is recruiting, training and retaining staff with the right skills and expertise, which the Professional Placement Programme hopes to address, with Expressions of Interest (EoI) by 24 May.