Search the archive
IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
Unless made explicit, IHBC NewsBlogs are not IHBC endorsements.
- 2021 School delegate survey issued: Top marks for relevance (98.2%), CPD support (83.64%), & Friday (c.94%) 19/10/2021
- IHBC Communications and Outreach Strategy 2021-24 now online 19/10/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick: Dezeen on RIBA ‘Decarbonising’ report 19/10/2021
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Inside the abandoned American cottage that overlooks a North Wales village 19/10/2021
- Welsh Government’s plan to tackle town centre regeneration 19/10/2021
- AHF: We are seeking two new trustees! 19/10/2021
- THA announces Pam Alexander OBE as new Chair 19/10/2021
- HSE: Who is responsible for the death of builders? 19/10/2021
- National Infrastructure Planning Reform Programme: stakeholder survey announced, closing 17/12 19/10/2021
- 30 years in the making: HE opens aerial photography project to the public 19/10/2021
- Support conservation as a climate solution: Volunteers and hosts for IHBC@COP26’s Zoom ‘Conservation Helpdesk+’ still welcome, with guidance now out 15/10/2021
- IHBC responds to Conservation Principles for North Ireland 15/10/2021
- IHBC’s web resource signpost: Quick links and guidance on joining, accreditation and career progress are only a click away! 15/10/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £43K+ works this week: Charity seeks architect for GII refurb, valued £43K, closing 22/10 15/10/2021
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Gateway to historic town centre re-opened following improvement works, as what ‘WAS’ becomes ‘HAZ’ 15/10/2021
- ARB on ‘Modernising architectural education and training’ 15/10/2021
- Department for Levelling Up etc. (DLUHC) on ‘Our Governance’ and Board 15/10/2021
- RICS sets new standards of conduct 15/10/2021
- Scotland’s new Local Place Plans regulations laid in Parliament 15/10/2021
- Elizabeth Tower conservation set to complete in 2022 15/10/2021
- Serious about your staffing plans or career? Stay ahead with ‘IHBC Jobs etc.’, with posts ranging from conservation architects (x2) and Officers (x7+) and seeking Net Zero (HE), Listing (HE) and sustainability skills 12/10/2021
- New Context out, on ‘Conservation leadership by the people’: From Amenity Societies and Wentworth Woodhouse to Kurt Schwitters, Scotland’s Towns, Chester and more 12/10/2021
- Volunteer virtually with IHBC@COP26 on IHBC’s built and historic environment ‘Conservation Helpdesk+’, – because ‘Conserving our Places Conserves our Planet’ 12/10/2021
- IHBC CPD signpost: Gender-Responsive Public Procurement – Can public procurement help solve gender inequality? 12/10/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick: Dezeen on the ‘Conference of Trees at COP26’ 12/10/2021
Daily Archives: 02/07/2021
IHBC launches pilot ‘digital publication strategy’ for select ‘IHBC Annual Student Award research submissions – as ‘a characteristically pragmatic solution’ – & calls for feedback and proposed content
The IHBC has launched the pilot for a new resource offering digital access with search facilities to select entries to the IHBC’s celebrated Annual Gus Astley Student Award, while seeking more suggestions and offers on future content on this ‘characteristically … Continue reading
Designing Buildings Wiki (DBW) – host platform for the IHBC’s Conservation Wiki and the ‘construction industry knowledge base’ – has issued a call across its immediate network of 13,000 construction practitioners for input to the IHBC listed buildings prosecutions database.
NBS is carrying out a survey on the use of Building Information Modelling (BIM) in construction to gain better understanding of digital transformation in 2021. image: for illustration purposes only
IHBC’s HESPR pick from £172K+ costed works this week: Government calls for support to include heritage impacts in economic appraisals, closing 19/07
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – our Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition quality assurance for heritage services – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, and the Director’s pick this week features the call from a government department for … Continue reading
IHBC features ‘Heritage from the edge’: Albert Embankment: Government vetoes fire brigade HQ development
Plans to redevelop the former London Fire Brigade headquarters on Albert Embankment have been vetoed by the Government after a public inquiry, reports London SE1. image: Sheila Thomson from London, England, CC BY 2.0 <https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0>, via Wikimedia Commons
The Punch Bowl Inn in Hurst Green was flattened recently, with Ribble Valley Council saying they are ‘looking into it’.
Michael Matheson, Cabinet Secretary for Net Zero, Energy and Transport, officially launched nine new Renewable & Energy Efficiency Training Centres for Scotland on 24 June 2021, supported by ESP and funded by our £20million Green Economy Fund.
The Hamish Ogston Foundation and Historic England have announced a £4.325 million programme that seeks to address ‘long-term and severe’ heritage skills shortages in the construction sector.
The World Heritage Committee(WHC) has recommended that Liverpool should lose its World Heritage status. image: for illustration purposes only – Dave Chetwin
The Royal Town Planning Institute (RTPI) is carrying out a Digital Skills Online Survey.
A new toolkit for heritage professionals has been issued to help understand and assess how people and communities value and relate to Scotland’s historic environment. image: University of Stirling website
A government-commissioned study is considering the feasibility of a tunnel beneath the Irish sea, linking Holyhead and Dublin, a minister has confirmed.