Search the archive
IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
Unless made explicit, IHBC NewsBlogs are not IHBC endorsements.
- 2021 School delegate survey issued: Top marks for relevance (98.2%), CPD support (83.64%), & Friday (c.94%) 19/10/2021
- IHBC Communications and Outreach Strategy 2021-24 now online 19/10/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick: Dezeen on RIBA ‘Decarbonising’ report 19/10/2021
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Inside the abandoned American cottage that overlooks a North Wales village 19/10/2021
- Welsh Government’s plan to tackle town centre regeneration 19/10/2021
- AHF: We are seeking two new trustees! 19/10/2021
- THA announces Pam Alexander OBE as new Chair 19/10/2021
- HSE: Who is responsible for the death of builders? 19/10/2021
- National Infrastructure Planning Reform Programme: stakeholder survey announced, closing 17/12 19/10/2021
- 30 years in the making: HE opens aerial photography project to the public 19/10/2021
- Support conservation as a climate solution: Volunteers and hosts for IHBC@COP26’s Zoom ‘Conservation Helpdesk+’ still welcome, with guidance now out 15/10/2021
- IHBC responds to Conservation Principles for North Ireland 15/10/2021
- IHBC’s web resource signpost: Quick links and guidance on joining, accreditation and career progress are only a click away! 15/10/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £43K+ works this week: Charity seeks architect for GII refurb, valued £43K, closing 22/10 15/10/2021
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Gateway to historic town centre re-opened following improvement works, as what ‘WAS’ becomes ‘HAZ’ 15/10/2021
- ARB on ‘Modernising architectural education and training’ 15/10/2021
- Department for Levelling Up etc. (DLUHC) on ‘Our Governance’ and Board 15/10/2021
- RICS sets new standards of conduct 15/10/2021
- Scotland’s new Local Place Plans regulations laid in Parliament 15/10/2021
- Elizabeth Tower conservation set to complete in 2022 15/10/2021
- Serious about your staffing plans or career? Stay ahead with ‘IHBC Jobs etc.’, with posts ranging from conservation architects (x2) and Officers (x7+) and seeking Net Zero (HE), Listing (HE) and sustainability skills 12/10/2021
- New Context out, on ‘Conservation leadership by the people’: From Amenity Societies and Wentworth Woodhouse to Kurt Schwitters, Scotland’s Towns, Chester and more 12/10/2021
- Volunteer virtually with IHBC@COP26 on IHBC’s built and historic environment ‘Conservation Helpdesk+’, – because ‘Conserving our Places Conserves our Planet’ 12/10/2021
- IHBC CPD signpost: Gender-Responsive Public Procurement – Can public procurement help solve gender inequality? 12/10/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick: Dezeen on the ‘Conference of Trees at COP26’ 12/10/2021
Daily Archives: 09/07/2021
Judges in the sixth year of the IHBC Marsh Awards, for Community Contribution (Retired Member) and Successful Learning in Heritage Skills, are delighted to announce the 2021 awards.
On behalf of the IHBC, Chair David McDonald has marked the Culture Recovery Fund’s 1-year anniversary helping ‘heritage organisations… contribute to the country’s economy and sense of well-being’. image: Open Government Licence v3.0
REMINDER: IHBC’s Gus Astley Student Awards 2021: Win £500 and a place on IHBC’s 2022 Aberdeen School with your built environment/heritage coursework, closes 31/07!
The IHBC’s celebrated 2021 Gus Astley Student Awards closes to entries on 31 July, so if you have coursework from ANY UK taught course – under-graduate or post-graduate, from 2020 OR 2021 – just submit it online and on time to have a chance … Continue reading
A petition from Molly Scott Cato – the Green Party’s finance spokesperson – on the Downing Street website calls on the government to remove VAT on refurbishment projects and raise VAT on non-Passivhaus new-build construction to 20 per cent, with … Continue reading
IHBC update on ‘how you would like to see the Palace of Westminster restored and renewed’ – only 6 days left!
Only 6 days are left to join have your say on how you would like to see the Palace of Westminster restored and renewed. Parliamentary copyright images are reproduced with the permission of Parliament
IHBC’s HESPR pick from £255K+ costed work: English national heritage body seeks lead to publish prehistoric marine framework, closing 4/08, valued £40-50K
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – our Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition quality assurance for heritage services – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, and the Director’s pick this week features the call from an English national heritage … Continue reading
IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Former Harris meat factory mansion in Calne, Wilts, to be restored
The last remaining buildings on the site of the Harris meat factory family’s historic mansion in Calne, Wiltshire, are being restored to their former glory and converted into new homes, reports The Gazette and Herald.
Robert Jenrick confirms a ‘higher threshold’ for article 4 directions that restrict permitted development rights
Secretary of State Robert Jenrick has announced a new ‘higher threshold’ for the use of article 4 directions, including being used only ‘to avoid wholly unacceptable adverse impacts’ or ‘to protect local amenity or the well-being of the area’, and … Continue reading
The National Energy Foundation (NEF) has launched the UK’s first verification scheme for home retrofits. image: for illustration purposes only
New trade and building apprentice opportunities supported by HE & partners, across timber, stone, plaster and more!
Historic England (HE) and partners are offering new apprenticeship routes into the heritage sector, with special building-related opportunities ranging from carpentry & Joinery and stonemasonry and roofing. image: Historic England
UKGBC industry survey on market drivers etc. for net zero carbon buildings verification scheme, closing 19/07
A UK Green Building Council (UKGBC) invites industry feedback on market drivers, expectations and characteristics for a potential net zero carbon buildings verification scheme through a survey that closes on 19 July.
The Heritage Alliance is looking for a Chair to lead the Board of Trustees and staff from Autumn 2021, to be formally appointed at our AGM in early 2022, with CV and cover due by 5pm 15 August 2021.
The former Royal High School has been put on the open market by the City of Edinburgh Council for interested parties to submit development proposals in return for a long lease of the building. image: for illustration purposes only – … Continue reading