Search the archive
IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
Unless made explicit, IHBC NewsBlogs are not IHBC endorsements.
- 2021 School delegate survey issued: Top marks for relevance (98.2%), CPD support (83.64%), & Friday (c.94%) 19/10/2021
- IHBC Communications and Outreach Strategy 2021-24 now online 19/10/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick: Dezeen on RIBA ‘Decarbonising’ report 19/10/2021
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Inside the abandoned American cottage that overlooks a North Wales village 19/10/2021
- Welsh Government’s plan to tackle town centre regeneration 19/10/2021
- AHF: We are seeking two new trustees! 19/10/2021
- THA announces Pam Alexander OBE as new Chair 19/10/2021
- HSE: Who is responsible for the death of builders? 19/10/2021
- National Infrastructure Planning Reform Programme: stakeholder survey announced, closing 17/12 19/10/2021
- 30 years in the making: HE opens aerial photography project to the public 19/10/2021
- Support conservation as a climate solution: Volunteers and hosts for IHBC@COP26’s Zoom ‘Conservation Helpdesk+’ still welcome, with guidance now out 15/10/2021
- IHBC responds to Conservation Principles for North Ireland 15/10/2021
- IHBC’s web resource signpost: Quick links and guidance on joining, accreditation and career progress are only a click away! 15/10/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £43K+ works this week: Charity seeks architect for GII refurb, valued £43K, closing 22/10 15/10/2021
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Gateway to historic town centre re-opened following improvement works, as what ‘WAS’ becomes ‘HAZ’ 15/10/2021
- ARB on ‘Modernising architectural education and training’ 15/10/2021
- Department for Levelling Up etc. (DLUHC) on ‘Our Governance’ and Board 15/10/2021
- RICS sets new standards of conduct 15/10/2021
- Scotland’s new Local Place Plans regulations laid in Parliament 15/10/2021
- Elizabeth Tower conservation set to complete in 2022 15/10/2021
- Serious about your staffing plans or career? Stay ahead with ‘IHBC Jobs etc.’, with posts ranging from conservation architects (x2) and Officers (x7+) and seeking Net Zero (HE), Listing (HE) and sustainability skills 12/10/2021
- New Context out, on ‘Conservation leadership by the people’: From Amenity Societies and Wentworth Woodhouse to Kurt Schwitters, Scotland’s Towns, Chester and more 12/10/2021
- Volunteer virtually with IHBC@COP26 on IHBC’s built and historic environment ‘Conservation Helpdesk+’, – because ‘Conserving our Places Conserves our Planet’ 12/10/2021
- IHBC CPD signpost: Gender-Responsive Public Procurement – Can public procurement help solve gender inequality? 12/10/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick: Dezeen on the ‘Conference of Trees at COP26’ 12/10/2021
Daily Archives: 13/07/2021
IHBC’s ‘Remembering our 2021 School’: Lessons from Paisley, with first glimpse of A-listed town hall’s £22m transformation
A new fly-through video has been released giving the first look at how Paisley’s A-listed Town Hall – featured in Paul McTernan’s Brighton Day School presentation – will look after a £22 million transformation into a landmark venue. image: Paisley … Continue reading
IHBC on COP26: GBC-led ‘Open Call’ for COP26 Built Environment Virtual Pavilion – entries close 02/08
A coalition of organisations is delivering a digital presence at COP26 in the form of a Built Environment Virtual Pavilion, with an open call launched for entries to two elements – exemplary projects for the exhibition and a sustainability focused … Continue reading
IHBC CPD signpost: Know your quantum meruit from their contingent interest – check out the DBW Glossary of property law terms
Designing Buildings Wiki (DBW) – host platform for the IHBC’s Conservation Wiki and the ‘construction industry knowledge base’ – has published a useful glossary of property law terms.
REMINDER: IHBC’s Gus Astley Student Awards 2021: Win £500 and a place on IHBC’s 2022 Aberdeen School with your built environment/heritage coursework, closes 31/07!
The IHBC’s celebrated 2021 Gus Astley Student Awards closes to entries on 31 July, so if you have coursework from ANY UK taught course – under-graduate or post-graduate, from 2020 OR 2021 – just submit it online and on time to have a chance … Continue reading
A petition from Molly Scott Cato – the Green Party’s finance spokesperson – on the Downing Street website calls on the government to remove VAT on refurbishment projects and raise VAT on non-Passivhaus new-build construction to 20 per cent, with … Continue reading
IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick: HESPR ‘15 minutes free advice scheme’ launched to the public
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – our Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition quality assurance scheme for heritage services – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, and this week features the launch of a new HESPR ‘15 minutes free … Continue reading
IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Kent’s Arches Chatham Neighbourhood Forum awarded £50K to develop Go Outdoors store
A community development forum has reached an exciting milestone after it was awarded £50,000 to shape the future of a disused superstore, reports KentOnline.
London, Manchester, Glasgow, Newcastle & Cardiff to see £322M a month lost in spending with long-term hybrid working plans
New research calculates that the pandemic has resulted in £11.9 billion of displaced city centre spending, as many workers left offices for homeworking, with cities set to see employment hub spending drop £322M a month.
3rd Annual Exhibition of Stone Carving and Stonemasonry for Worshipful Company of Masons’ Craft Fund – EOI due 31/07
Supporting and promoting the use of stone and the training of young stonemasons, the Third Annual Exhibition of work by stone masons and stone carvers will take place at Gallery Different from 15– 20 November, with Expressions of Interest due … Continue reading
A panel of experts who gathered to discuss how the construction industry will meet zero-emissions targets through Modern Methods of Construction (MMC) have called on the government to introduce a sustainable supply chain legislation. image: for illustration purposes only – … Continue reading
Naomi Korn Associates have created a digital guide to provide information on best practice when it comes to managing or supervising volunteers.