Search the archive
IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
Unless made explicit, IHBC NewsBlogs are not IHBC endorsements.
- Support conservation as a climate solution: Volunteers and hosts for IHBC@COP26’s Zoom ‘Conservation Helpdesk+’ still welcome, with guidance now out 15/10/2021
- IHBC responds to Conservation Principles for North Ireland 15/10/2021
- IHBC’s web resource signpost: Quick links and guidance on joining, accreditation and career progress are only a click away! 15/10/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £43K+ works this week: Charity seeks architect for GII refurb, valued £43K, closing 22/10 15/10/2021
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Gateway to historic town centre re-opened following improvement works, as what ‘WAS’ becomes ‘HAZ’ 15/10/2021
- ARB on ‘Modernising architectural education and training’ 15/10/2021
- Department for Levelling Up etc. (DLUHC) on ‘Our Governance’ and Board 15/10/2021
- RICS sets new standards of conduct 15/10/2021
- Scotland’s new Local Place Plans regulations laid in Parliament 15/10/2021
- Elizabeth Tower conservation set to complete in 2022 15/10/2021
- Serious about your staffing plans or career? Stay ahead with ‘IHBC Jobs etc.’, with posts ranging from conservation architects (x2) and Officers (x7+) and seeking Net Zero (HE), Listing (HE) and sustainability skills 12/10/2021
- New Context out, on ‘Conservation leadership by the people’: From Amenity Societies and Wentworth Woodhouse to Kurt Schwitters, Scotland’s Towns, Chester and more 12/10/2021
- Volunteer virtually with IHBC@COP26 on IHBC’s built and historic environment ‘Conservation Helpdesk+’, – because ‘Conserving our Places Conserves our Planet’ 12/10/2021
- IHBC CPD signpost: Gender-Responsive Public Procurement – Can public procurement help solve gender inequality? 12/10/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick: Dezeen on the ‘Conference of Trees at COP26’ 12/10/2021
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Plans for bridge between Scotland and Northern Ireland scrapped – reports 12/10/2021
- The NCT guide to ‘incredible churches in wild landscapes’, with 200+ churches to visit in UK National Parks 12/10/2021
- Record fine issued to London landlord over planning offence 12/10/2021
- Nearly £60m low carbon growth programme approved for Swansea 12/10/2021
- China vows to curb urban demolitions, preserve cultural heritage 12/10/2021
- IHBC members’ on-line ‘inclusive Council’ invites issued: ‘Join in shaping our activities and plans’ – Wed 13 Oct, 1.30PM on 08/10/2021
- Volunteer virtually with IHBC@COP26 on IHBC’s built and historic environment ‘Conservation Helpdesk+’, – because ‘Conserving our Places Conserves our Planet’ 08/10/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £145K+ works this week: BC seeks governance etc. consultants on heritage project, valued to £25K, closing 25/10 08/10/2021
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the cemetery’s step’: Paris Court Rules Brancusi’s ‘Kiss’ to stay 08/10/2021
- Boris Johnson pledges no homes will be built on green fields 08/10/2021
Daily Archives: 27/07/2021
Brighton 2021 Day School recordings now out for delegates only; New delegates access session recordings for £10+VAT
Recordings of the main CPD webinar sessions from the Friday IHBC Brighton 2021 Day School(which included Heritage MarketPlace stall sessions, not recorded) are now out EXCLUSIVELY for School delegates – these links should not be circulated – but others can … Continue reading
REMINDER – IHBC’s Gus Astley Student Awards close 31 JULY: Win £500 and a place on IHBC’s 2022 Aberdeen School with your built environment/heritage coursework
REMINDER: IHBC update: New SAHBG-IHBC Research Award closing date of 31/07 – Celebrate the ‘quality of architectural-historical research… in heritage and conservation practice’
The IHBC notes the new closing date of 31 July for the joint venture with the Society of Architectural Historians of Great Britain (SAHGB) celebrating architectural-historical research produced as private consultants or for public bodies etc., with winners to receive … Continue reading
IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick: dezeen on a ‘3D-printed stainless steel bridge in Amsterdam’
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – our Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition quality assurance scheme for heritage services – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, and this week features dezeen on a ‘3D-printed stainless steel bridge in Amsterdam’.
UK councils face a £3bn black hole in their budgets as they emerge from the pandemic, a BBC investigation into their finances can reveal.
PLACE Alliance launches ‘THE DESIGN DEFICIT: Design skills and design governance approaches in English local authorities’
Place Alliance has launched a major new report examining design skills and design governance approaches in England’s local planning authorities, funded by the Urban Design Group and supported by the Design Council.
Ros Kerslake CBE has announced that she will step down from her role as Chief Executive of The National Lottery Heritage Fund at the end of 2021. image: HLF website
MHCLG publishes Guidance on Partnerships for People and Place: guidance for local expressions of interest
The Ministry of Housing, Communities & Local Government (MHCLG) has published Guidance setting out the aims and objectives of the Partnerships for People and Place pilot and inviting local authorities to submit an expression of interest. image: Open Government Licence … Continue reading
Picturing England’s High Streets is a major commission that will see six artists undertaking residencies at high street locations across England, with the Open Calls for the last photographer-in-residence programme, in Leicester, still open. image: Open Government Licence v3.0
The Heritage Fund has announced the recipients of its Heritage Horizon Awards as over £50million of funding has been awarded to five transformational projects across the UK.
Large cruise ships are to be banned from the historic centre of Venice from August 2021, according to the Italian government.