Search the archive
IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
Unless made explicit, IHBC NewsBlogs are not IHBC endorsements.
- Support conservation as a climate solution: Volunteers and hosts for IHBC@COP26’s Zoom ‘Conservation Helpdesk+’ still welcome, with guidance now out 15/10/2021
- IHBC responds to Conservation Principles for North Ireland 15/10/2021
- IHBC’s web resource signpost: Quick links and guidance on joining, accreditation and career progress are only a click away! 15/10/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £43K+ works this week: Charity seeks architect for GII refurb, valued £43K, closing 22/10 15/10/2021
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Gateway to historic town centre re-opened following improvement works, as what ‘WAS’ becomes ‘HAZ’ 15/10/2021
- ARB on ‘Modernising architectural education and training’ 15/10/2021
- Department for Levelling Up etc. (DLUHC) on ‘Our Governance’ and Board 15/10/2021
- RICS sets new standards of conduct 15/10/2021
- Scotland’s new Local Place Plans regulations laid in Parliament 15/10/2021
- Elizabeth Tower conservation set to complete in 2022 15/10/2021
- Serious about your staffing plans or career? Stay ahead with ‘IHBC Jobs etc.’, with posts ranging from conservation architects (x2) and Officers (x7+) and seeking Net Zero (HE), Listing (HE) and sustainability skills 12/10/2021
- New Context out, on ‘Conservation leadership by the people’: From Amenity Societies and Wentworth Woodhouse to Kurt Schwitters, Scotland’s Towns, Chester and more 12/10/2021
- Volunteer virtually with IHBC@COP26 on IHBC’s built and historic environment ‘Conservation Helpdesk+’, – because ‘Conserving our Places Conserves our Planet’ 12/10/2021
- IHBC CPD signpost: Gender-Responsive Public Procurement – Can public procurement help solve gender inequality? 12/10/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick: Dezeen on the ‘Conference of Trees at COP26’ 12/10/2021
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Plans for bridge between Scotland and Northern Ireland scrapped – reports 12/10/2021
- The NCT guide to ‘incredible churches in wild landscapes’, with 200+ churches to visit in UK National Parks 12/10/2021
- Record fine issued to London landlord over planning offence 12/10/2021
- Nearly £60m low carbon growth programme approved for Swansea 12/10/2021
- China vows to curb urban demolitions, preserve cultural heritage 12/10/2021
- IHBC members’ on-line ‘inclusive Council’ invites issued: ‘Join in shaping our activities and plans’ – Wed 13 Oct, 1.30PM on 08/10/2021
- Volunteer virtually with IHBC@COP26 on IHBC’s built and historic environment ‘Conservation Helpdesk+’, – because ‘Conserving our Places Conserves our Planet’ 08/10/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £145K+ works this week: BC seeks governance etc. consultants on heritage project, valued to £25K, closing 25/10 08/10/2021
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the cemetery’s step’: Paris Court Rules Brancusi’s ‘Kiss’ to stay 08/10/2021
- Boris Johnson pledges no homes will be built on green fields 08/10/2021
Daily Archives: 30/07/2021
Serious about your staffing plans or career direction? Manage your risk & stay ahead with ‘IHBC Jobs etc.’ – with lead posts across public, private and third sectors – so sign up free now!
To help employers and practitioners, the IHBC regularly updates NewsBlog readers on the diverse career opportunities advertised in our ‘IHBC Jobs etc.’ service, and recent posts range from , so sign up for free alerts and ‘stay ahead’ with the … Continue reading
IHBC welcomes publication of HE’s report from Matthew Saunders: On the ‘…national re-survey… additions to the total and a revisit of the ‘minimalist’…’
The IHBC has welcomed the publication of the report carried out by Matthew Saunders for Historic England (HE), principally concerning ‘…a national re-survey involving additions to the total, and a revisit of the ‘minimalist’ lists compiled before 2005, to ensure … Continue reading
New Closing Date for IHBC’s Student Awards: Submit your coursework by 31 AUGUST to win up to £500 & a place on IHBC’s 2022 Aberdeen School
Following calls from participating courses, the closing date for the IHBC’s annual Gus Astley Student Award is now 31 August, so relevant coursework submitted on ANY UK taught course – under-graduate or post-graduate – from 2020 OR 2021 may be … Continue reading
The IHBC has welcomed the line-up for the 2021 Edinburgh Traditional Building Festival, just announced by The Edinburgh Traditional Building Forum.
IHBC’s HESPR pick from £1M + costed works this week: Council seeks architect for development near listed cathedral, closing 16/08/2021
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – our Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition quality assurance for heritage services – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, and the Director’s pick this week features the call from a Borough Council for … Continue reading
IHBC features ‘Heritage from the (engineer’s) doorstep’: ‘Ashamed to be an engineer’: NCE readers react to Highways England bridge infilling
New Civil Engineer (NCE) readers have expressed ‘shame’ in their profession after images of a the concrete-infilling of a 159-year-old masonry arched bridge in the heart of the Cumbrian countryside were published in national newspapers and circulated widely on social … Continue reading
The Slate Landscape of Northwest Wales has been added to the UNESCO World Heritage List, while The City of Bath – originally inscribed on the Word Heritage List in 1987 – has also been awarded a dual designation as part … Continue reading
The Skills Centre is offering guaranteed training and job interview opportunities around five sites in the Greater London area, north Kent and West Midlands. image: for illustration purposes only – Open Government Licence v3.0
The Countryside charity CPRE join other leading charities including RSPB and the Wildlife Trusts in releasing six tests that new planning rules must pass to put people and nature first.
The Government has been urged to make urgent reforms to the apprenticeship levy by a coalition by local government and major employers in London. image: for illustration purposes only – Open Government Licence v3.0
Heritage Trust Network (HTN) is recruiting new members to its Board of Directors, with calls closing 23 August.
The matter of ‘Planning Decisions: Local Involvement’ was debated in the House of Commons on 21 June 2021. Parliamentary copyright images are reproduced with the permission of Parliament