Search the archive
IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
Unless made explicit, IHBC NewsBlogs are not IHBC endorsements.
- Support conservation as a climate solution: Volunteers and hosts for IHBC@COP26’s Zoom ‘Conservation Helpdesk+’ still welcome, with guidance now out 15/10/2021
- IHBC responds to Conservation Principles for North Ireland 15/10/2021
- IHBC’s web resource signpost: Quick links and guidance on joining, accreditation and career progress are only a click away! 15/10/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £43K+ works this week: Charity seeks architect for GII refurb, valued £43K, closing 22/10 15/10/2021
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Gateway to historic town centre re-opened following improvement works, as what ‘WAS’ becomes ‘HAZ’ 15/10/2021
- ARB on ‘Modernising architectural education and training’ 15/10/2021
- Department for Levelling Up etc. (DLUHC) on ‘Our Governance’ and Board 15/10/2021
- RICS sets new standards of conduct 15/10/2021
- Scotland’s new Local Place Plans regulations laid in Parliament 15/10/2021
- Elizabeth Tower conservation set to complete in 2022 15/10/2021
- Serious about your staffing plans or career? Stay ahead with ‘IHBC Jobs etc.’, with posts ranging from conservation architects (x2) and Officers (x7+) and seeking Net Zero (HE), Listing (HE) and sustainability skills 12/10/2021
- New Context out, on ‘Conservation leadership by the people’: From Amenity Societies and Wentworth Woodhouse to Kurt Schwitters, Scotland’s Towns, Chester and more 12/10/2021
- Volunteer virtually with IHBC@COP26 on IHBC’s built and historic environment ‘Conservation Helpdesk+’, – because ‘Conserving our Places Conserves our Planet’ 12/10/2021
- IHBC CPD signpost: Gender-Responsive Public Procurement – Can public procurement help solve gender inequality? 12/10/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick: Dezeen on the ‘Conference of Trees at COP26’ 12/10/2021
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Plans for bridge between Scotland and Northern Ireland scrapped – reports 12/10/2021
- The NCT guide to ‘incredible churches in wild landscapes’, with 200+ churches to visit in UK National Parks 12/10/2021
- Record fine issued to London landlord over planning offence 12/10/2021
- Nearly £60m low carbon growth programme approved for Swansea 12/10/2021
- China vows to curb urban demolitions, preserve cultural heritage 12/10/2021
- IHBC members’ on-line ‘inclusive Council’ invites issued: ‘Join in shaping our activities and plans’ – Wed 13 Oct, 1.30PM on 08/10/2021
- Volunteer virtually with IHBC@COP26 on IHBC’s built and historic environment ‘Conservation Helpdesk+’, – because ‘Conserving our Places Conserves our Planet’ 08/10/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £145K+ works this week: BC seeks governance etc. consultants on heritage project, valued to £25K, closing 25/10 08/10/2021
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the cemetery’s step’: Paris Court Rules Brancusi’s ‘Kiss’ to stay 08/10/2021
- Boris Johnson pledges no homes will be built on green fields 08/10/2021
Daily Archives: 10/08/2021
The IHBC has welcomed the line-up for the 2021 Edinburgh Traditional Building Festival, just announced by The Edinburgh Traditional Building Forum.
Don’t forget: IHBC’s HESPR-linked service promotion is now even more accessible to clients when using our map-based search
IHBC members, colleagues and client bodies can now find the office locations of HESPR members – IHBC’s Historic Environment Service Provider Recognition (HESPR) scheme – using our new map-based facility. image: Google Maps
IHBC Research signpost: Statements of Community Involvement in England: a baseline review, Interim Report
‘Statements of Community Involvement in England: a baseline review and future opportunities’ is the subject of an interim report from the University of Reading and Civic Voice, with the final report scheduled for September 2021.
On International Women in Engineering day, the Electrical Contractors’ Association (ECA) asked if social media break down the gender divide for female apprentices?
IHBC’s support for Continuing Professional Development (CPD) includes our online registration for anyone – or any organisation – seeking our free recognition service and listing for CPD providers.
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – our Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition quality assurance scheme for heritage services – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, and this week features the RIBA blog on ‘Healthy placemaking after COVID-19’.
IHBC features ‘Heritage from the (construction) doorstep’: Council approves three new floors for Glasgow’s Radisson Blu hotel
Councillors have approved plans to add three floors with 141 rooms to the Radisson Blu hotel in Glasgow, reports Scottish Construction Now.
The Skills Centre is offering guaranteed training and job interview opportunities around five sites in the Greater London area, north Kent and West Midlands. image: for illustration purposes only – Open Government Licence v3.0
The Heritage Volunteering Group (HVG) has launched a new report: ‘Creating Capacity 2021: Rebuilding volunteering in the heritage sector post Covid’ which explores the role that volunteers can play in rebuilding the sector.
Landscape designs by HS2 show how an area around the River Cole in Warwickshire, identified as a Heritage Hotspot, can be transformed.
England’s Heritage Information Access Simplified (HIAS): Making public access to HER data etc. easier
Heritage Information Access Simplified (HIAS) is a programme of interlinked projects designed to simplify and improve public access to heritage data held or generated by Historic England, by Local Authority Historic Environment Records (HER) and by other bodies.
The SPAB’s Old House Project (OHP) has won the Museums + Heritage Award for Best Restoration or Conservation Project of the Year. image: SPAB website
Fourteen local projects aimed at improving communities and places across Aberdeenshire are to share more than £2 million in new funding to help drive economic recovery, improve our town centres and support regeneration activity.
‘The farm that time forgot’ joins England’s growing list of nature reserves… after 30 years of campaigning
A beauty spot has become England’s 225th National Nature Reserve over 30 years after public campaign to save it.