Search the archive
IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
Unless made explicit, IHBC NewsBlogs are not IHBC endorsements.
- Support conservation as a climate solution: Volunteers and hosts for IHBC@COP26’s Zoom ‘Conservation Helpdesk+’ still welcome, with guidance now out 15/10/2021
- IHBC responds to Conservation Principles for North Ireland 15/10/2021
- IHBC’s web resource signpost: Quick links and guidance on joining, accreditation and career progress are only a click away! 15/10/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £43K+ works this week: Charity seeks architect for GII refurb, valued £43K, closing 22/10 15/10/2021
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Gateway to historic town centre re-opened following improvement works, as what ‘WAS’ becomes ‘HAZ’ 15/10/2021
- ARB on ‘Modernising architectural education and training’ 15/10/2021
- Department for Levelling Up etc. (DLUHC) on ‘Our Governance’ and Board 15/10/2021
- RICS sets new standards of conduct 15/10/2021
- Scotland’s new Local Place Plans regulations laid in Parliament 15/10/2021
- Elizabeth Tower conservation set to complete in 2022 15/10/2021
- Serious about your staffing plans or career? Stay ahead with ‘IHBC Jobs etc.’, with posts ranging from conservation architects (x2) and Officers (x7+) and seeking Net Zero (HE), Listing (HE) and sustainability skills 12/10/2021
- New Context out, on ‘Conservation leadership by the people’: From Amenity Societies and Wentworth Woodhouse to Kurt Schwitters, Scotland’s Towns, Chester and more 12/10/2021
- Volunteer virtually with IHBC@COP26 on IHBC’s built and historic environment ‘Conservation Helpdesk+’, – because ‘Conserving our Places Conserves our Planet’ 12/10/2021
- IHBC CPD signpost: Gender-Responsive Public Procurement – Can public procurement help solve gender inequality? 12/10/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick: Dezeen on the ‘Conference of Trees at COP26’ 12/10/2021
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Plans for bridge between Scotland and Northern Ireland scrapped – reports 12/10/2021
- The NCT guide to ‘incredible churches in wild landscapes’, with 200+ churches to visit in UK National Parks 12/10/2021
- Record fine issued to London landlord over planning offence 12/10/2021
- Nearly £60m low carbon growth programme approved for Swansea 12/10/2021
- China vows to curb urban demolitions, preserve cultural heritage 12/10/2021
- IHBC members’ on-line ‘inclusive Council’ invites issued: ‘Join in shaping our activities and plans’ – Wed 13 Oct, 1.30PM on 08/10/2021
- Volunteer virtually with IHBC@COP26 on IHBC’s built and historic environment ‘Conservation Helpdesk+’, – because ‘Conserving our Places Conserves our Planet’ 08/10/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £145K+ works this week: BC seeks governance etc. consultants on heritage project, valued to £25K, closing 25/10 08/10/2021
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the cemetery’s step’: Paris Court Rules Brancusi’s ‘Kiss’ to stay 08/10/2021
- Boris Johnson pledges no homes will be built on green fields 08/10/2021
Daily Archives: 13/08/2021
National Churches Trust on ‘supporting Northern Ireland’s churches and chapels’… with the IHBC & NI Branch
Northern Ireland has 2,500 churches and chapels – more per head than anywhere else in the United Kingdom, and the recent National Churches Trust update highlights include partnership with the IHBC and our national Branch in the Northern Ireland Places … Continue reading
New Closing Date for IHBC’s Student Awards: Submit your coursework by 31 AUGUST to win up to £500 & a place on IHBC’s 2022 Aberdeen School
Following calls from participating courses, the closing date for the IHBC’s annual Gus Astley Student Award is now 31 August, so relevant coursework submitted on ANY UK taught course – under-graduate or post-graduate – from 2020 OR 2021 may be submitted online … Continue reading
IHBC’s CPD boost: Responding to DBW’s list of 120 articles it seeks – from ‘veneer’ and ‘renaissance’ to ‘planning precedent’
Designing Buildings Wiki (DBW) – host platform for the IHBC’s Conservation Wiki and the ‘construction industry knowledge base’ – has published a list of 120 subjects it needs articles written about, all good starting points for Continuing Professional Development (CPD) … Continue reading
IHBC’s support for Continuing Professional Development (CPD) includes our online registration for anyone – or any organisation – seeking our free recognition service and listing for CPD providers.
IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Southend’s Westcliff Hamlet Court Road ‘to get conservation area status’
The unique nature of Southend’s ‘second High Street’, Hamlet Court Road, is set to be recognised with conservation area status, reports The Echo.
CLC backs largest ‘safety stand down’ of tools etc., in October, to improve ‘health, safety, and wellbeing’
The Construction Leadership Council (CLC) has thrown its support behind the UK’s largest construction health & safety ‘stand down’ of tools etc., to ‘encourage businesses to… participate in sessions aimed at improving the health, safety, and wellbeing’. image: for illustration … Continue reading
Project Routemap is the Infrastructure and projects Authorities (IPA) support tool for novel or complex major projects. It helps sponsors and clients understand the capabilities needed to set projects up for success, incorporating learning from other major projects and programmes.
The video meeting platform Zoom has added a donation function to its platform for all registered UK charities.
‘Good Practice Transfer – Why not in my City?’ shares positive stories from 23 cities that transferred and adapted urban good practices to their local contexts while learning from EU peers.
Cambridge Centre for Smart Infrastructure and Construction (CSIC) has launched ‘Carbon Reduction Code for the Built Environment’.
The Adaptation Committee’s Independent Assessment of UK Climate Risk in its third report sets out the priority climate change risks and opportunities for the UK.
A record 331 entrants are competing for the Cuprinol Shed of the Year title, as reported on June.