Search the archive
IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
Unless made explicit, IHBC NewsBlogs are not IHBC endorsements.
- Protected: DRAFT: IHBC@COP26: ‘Conserving our Places Conserves our Planet’ – IHBC’s globally accessible virtual built and historic environment ‘Conservation Helpdesk+’, open 31/10 to 12/11 16/09/2021
- IHBC’s web resource signpost: Quick links on learning and CPD, only a click away from our Home Page 14/09/2021
- IHBC’s cross-disciplinary signpost ‘… From the factor’s doorstep’: Revised property factors’ code of conduct for Scotland 14/09/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick: Dezeen on ‘The Phoenix Garden’ 14/09/2021
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Royal High School Edinburgh set to become ‘world-class centre for music’ 14/09/2021
- MCT name change: ‘Marsh Charitable Trust’, partners in the IHBC Marsh Awards 14/09/2021
- Record 20 places bid for prestigious UK City of Culture 2025 title 14/09/2021
- Local government, climate change and the environment 14/09/2021
- 10 jobs that will help shape a zero-emissions future 14/09/2021
- REMINDER – New IHBC ‘CPD Priority’ programme virtual event: Ian Hume on ‘Conservation Engineering’, 28-29 September, from £20 for members, with bursaries too! 10/09/2021
- IHBC responds to suite of energy efficiency consultations as changes proposed to traditionally built homes ramp up: ECO4; PAS 2035 etc. 10/09/2021
- IHBC’s Research Signpost: BEIS calls for evidence to substantially reduce research bureaucracy, closing 01/10 10/09/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £25M+ costed works this week: DC seeks consultant for town hall works, closing 29/09 and valued up to £100K 10/09/2021
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Fears over the future of historic Brighton shul 10/09/2021
- Contribute a European dimension to ‘Good Urbanism Principles’ survey by 2021 MarketPlace stallholders HSI/PlaceEconomics 10/09/2021
- RICS Publishes Independent Review – Accepts All Recommendations 10/09/2021
- Dragons’ Den for young professionals in construction, £1000, closing 28/09 10/09/2021
- New research reveals cathedrals’ contribution to local economies & communities 10/09/2021
- National Trust adapts Oxburgh Hall’s roof tiles for bats 10/09/2021
- IHBC’s September CPD Circular now out: Accessible cross-sector support, with free sign up/events listings! 07/09/2021
- IHBC’s CPD signpost: Why not add to DBW’s list of construction industry ‘traditions, superstitions, pseudoscience & obsolete scientific theories’ 07/09/2021
- IHBC’s ‘IMHO’ Signpost: Valuing Victorian church architecture 07/09/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick: ArchDaily on ‘Mallorca’s abandoned buildings’. 07/09/2021
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the WHS’s doorstep’: Height reduced at Edinburgh concert venue with work poised to begin next year 07/09/2021
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the ‘Doors Open’ doorstep’ 3: England’s HODs – ‘England’s largest festival of history and culture!’…10-19/09 07/09/2021
Daily Archives: 03/09/2021
Serious about your staffing plans or career direction? Manage your risk while staying ahead with ‘IHBC Jobs etc.’ with posts from councils (7) to architects, surveyors & estate managers!
The IHBC regularly updates NewsBlog readers on the diverse career and employment opportunities advertised in our ‘IHBC Jobs etc.’ service, with recent posts showing a strong and rich diversity of employers and roles, so sign up for free alerts and … Continue reading
IHBC’s practice signpost: IHBC’s Green Panel convenor on the ‘1 hour project’ – linking students with their profession
IHBC’s Green Panel convenor Crispin Edwards explores how the ‘1 hour project’ links students and their profession.
Don’t forget: IHBC’s HESPR-linked service promotion is now even more accessible to clients when using our map-based search
IHBC members, colleagues and client bodies can now find the office locations of HESPR members – IHBC’s Historic Environment Service Provider Recognition (HESPR) scheme – using our new map-based facility. image: Google Maps
IHBC’s HESPR pick from £5.6M+ costed works this week: Council seeks ‘multi-disciplined company’ for repair and restoration, valued £20K, closing 17/09
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – our Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition quality assurance service – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, and the Director’s pick this week features a Council’s call for a ‘multi-disciplined company’ for repair … Continue reading
IHBC features ‘Heritage from the ‘Doors Open’ doorstep’ 1:Heritage sites across Wales FREE this September
More than 150 of Wales’ historic sites, landmarks and hidden gems will offer visitors free entry, events or guided tours this September, as 2021 marks the return of Open Doors.
IHBC features ‘Heritage from the ‘Doors Open’ doorstep’ 2: Doors Open Days returns as Scotland ‘opens its doors’ in September
Led by the Scottish Civic Trust, Scotland’s ‘Doors Open’ programme means that September’s weekends will see hundreds of architectural gems, sites and other hidden treasures open their doors, throughout the month.
Wales’ Auditor General calls on all levels of government to step up to help make town centres sustainable
Adrian Crompton, Auditor General for Wales, has called on Local authorities in Wales have been urged to use their existing powers and resources to make town centres sustainable.
DCMS (the Department for Digital, Culture, Media & Sport) has published information about the Heritage Advisory Board, which has seven members and reports to the Secretary of State.
Companies from across UK construction can now have their say on plans to develop standard measures of how the sector seeks to improve the equality and diversity in its workforce.
Due to COVID-19, Scottish Parliament has deferred some commencement dates relating to Planning. image: for illustration purposes only – Open Government Licence v3.0
Century-old hardware has found a new life through lost-wax casting at the newly unveiled Stavros Niarchos Foundation Library.