Search the archive
IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
Unless made explicit, IHBC NewsBlogs are not IHBC endorsements.
- Protected: DRAFT: IHBC@COP26: ‘Conserving our Places Conserves our Planet’ – IHBC’s globally accessible virtual built and historic environment ‘Conservation Helpdesk+’, open 31/10 to 12/11 16/09/2021
- IHBC’s web resource signpost: Quick links on learning and CPD, only a click away from our Home Page 14/09/2021
- IHBC’s cross-disciplinary signpost ‘… From the factor’s doorstep’: Revised property factors’ code of conduct for Scotland 14/09/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick: Dezeen on ‘The Phoenix Garden’ 14/09/2021
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Royal High School Edinburgh set to become ‘world-class centre for music’ 14/09/2021
- MCT name change: ‘Marsh Charitable Trust’, partners in the IHBC Marsh Awards 14/09/2021
- Record 20 places bid for prestigious UK City of Culture 2025 title 14/09/2021
- Local government, climate change and the environment 14/09/2021
- 10 jobs that will help shape a zero-emissions future 14/09/2021
- REMINDER – New IHBC ‘CPD Priority’ programme virtual event: Ian Hume on ‘Conservation Engineering’, 28-29 September, from £20 for members, with bursaries too! 10/09/2021
- IHBC responds to suite of energy efficiency consultations as changes proposed to traditionally built homes ramp up: ECO4; PAS 2035 etc. 10/09/2021
- IHBC’s Research Signpost: BEIS calls for evidence to substantially reduce research bureaucracy, closing 01/10 10/09/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £25M+ costed works this week: DC seeks consultant for town hall works, closing 29/09 and valued up to £100K 10/09/2021
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Fears over the future of historic Brighton shul 10/09/2021
- Contribute a European dimension to ‘Good Urbanism Principles’ survey by 2021 MarketPlace stallholders HSI/PlaceEconomics 10/09/2021
- RICS Publishes Independent Review – Accepts All Recommendations 10/09/2021
- Dragons’ Den for young professionals in construction, £1000, closing 28/09 10/09/2021
- New research reveals cathedrals’ contribution to local economies & communities 10/09/2021
- National Trust adapts Oxburgh Hall’s roof tiles for bats 10/09/2021
- IHBC’s September CPD Circular now out: Accessible cross-sector support, with free sign up/events listings! 07/09/2021
- IHBC’s CPD signpost: Why not add to DBW’s list of construction industry ‘traditions, superstitions, pseudoscience & obsolete scientific theories’ 07/09/2021
- IHBC’s ‘IMHO’ Signpost: Valuing Victorian church architecture 07/09/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick: ArchDaily on ‘Mallorca’s abandoned buildings’. 07/09/2021
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the WHS’s doorstep’: Height reduced at Edinburgh concert venue with work poised to begin next year 07/09/2021
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the ‘Doors Open’ doorstep’ 3: England’s HODs – ‘England’s largest festival of history and culture!’…10-19/09 07/09/2021
Daily Archives: 07/09/2021
IHBC’s September CPD Circular now out: Accessible cross-sector support, with free sign up/events listings!
The new issue of the IHBC’s regular and free CPD Circular has been posted, offering members and our networks accessible and current information on learning opportunities and Continuing Professional Development (CPD), with free postings for anyone holding relevant events too!
IHBC’s CPD signpost: Why not add to DBW’s list of construction industry ‘traditions, superstitions, pseudoscience & obsolete scientific theories’
Members can add to the Designing Buildings Wiki (DBW) – host platform for the IHBC’s Conservation Wiki and the ‘construction industry knowledge base’ –list of construction industry traditions, superstitions, pseudoscience and obsolete scientific theories that members are encouraged to review, … Continue reading
In a special guest blog, Connor McNeill – Interim Churches Conservation Adviser at the Victorian Society – writes about how best to find solutions to the sometimes vexed issue of restoring or re-ordering a Victorian church. image: St Matthew, Edgeley … Continue reading
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – our Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition quality assurance scheme for heritage services – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, and this week features ArchDaily on ‘Mallorca’s abandoned buildings’.
IHBC features ‘Heritage from the WHS’s doorstep’: Height reduced at Edinburgh concert venue with work poised to begin next year
Designs for Edinburgh’s first purpose-built music and performance venue in over one hundred years have been scaled back in height to avoid a potential legal battle with developers of the nearby St James Centre.
IHBC features ‘Heritage from the ‘Doors Open’ doorstep’ 3: England’s HODs – ‘England’s largest festival of history and culture!’…10-19/09
England’s Heritage Open Days (HODs) programme is ‘your chance to see hidden places and try out new experiences – all of which are FREE to explore.’
Fifteen ‘previously unthreatened’ structures have been added to Highways England’s controversial works programme to maintain heritage rail assets.
World Monuments Fund Britain is delighted to announce Hélène Marie Shafran as the new Chair of WMF Britain’s Board of Trustees.
The Institute of Quarrying has announced an agreement with the trustees of the National Stone Centre near Wirksworth in the Derbyshire Dales, to create a world class visitor experience and an internationally significant centre of excellence for the quarrying and … Continue reading
Two skylines and three landmarks are due to retire from the LEGO Architecture line-up in 2021, but one set will be sticking around until at least 2027.