Search the archive
IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
Unless made explicit, IHBC NewsBlogs are not IHBC endorsements.
- Protected: DRAFT: IHBC@COP26: ‘Conserving our Places Conserves our Planet’ – IHBC’s globally accessible virtual built and historic environment ‘Conservation Helpdesk+’, open 31/10 to 12/11 16/09/2021
- IHBC’s web resource signpost: Quick links on learning and CPD, only a click away from our Home Page 14/09/2021
- IHBC’s cross-disciplinary signpost ‘… From the factor’s doorstep’: Revised property factors’ code of conduct for Scotland 14/09/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick: Dezeen on ‘The Phoenix Garden’ 14/09/2021
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Royal High School Edinburgh set to become ‘world-class centre for music’ 14/09/2021
- MCT name change: ‘Marsh Charitable Trust’, partners in the IHBC Marsh Awards 14/09/2021
- Record 20 places bid for prestigious UK City of Culture 2025 title 14/09/2021
- Local government, climate change and the environment 14/09/2021
- 10 jobs that will help shape a zero-emissions future 14/09/2021
- REMINDER – New IHBC ‘CPD Priority’ programme virtual event: Ian Hume on ‘Conservation Engineering’, 28-29 September, from £20 for members, with bursaries too! 10/09/2021
- IHBC responds to suite of energy efficiency consultations as changes proposed to traditionally built homes ramp up: ECO4; PAS 2035 etc. 10/09/2021
- IHBC’s Research Signpost: BEIS calls for evidence to substantially reduce research bureaucracy, closing 01/10 10/09/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £25M+ costed works this week: DC seeks consultant for town hall works, closing 29/09 and valued up to £100K 10/09/2021
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Fears over the future of historic Brighton shul 10/09/2021
- Contribute a European dimension to ‘Good Urbanism Principles’ survey by 2021 MarketPlace stallholders HSI/PlaceEconomics 10/09/2021
- RICS Publishes Independent Review – Accepts All Recommendations 10/09/2021
- Dragons’ Den for young professionals in construction, £1000, closing 28/09 10/09/2021
- New research reveals cathedrals’ contribution to local economies & communities 10/09/2021
- National Trust adapts Oxburgh Hall’s roof tiles for bats 10/09/2021
- IHBC’s September CPD Circular now out: Accessible cross-sector support, with free sign up/events listings! 07/09/2021
- IHBC’s CPD signpost: Why not add to DBW’s list of construction industry ‘traditions, superstitions, pseudoscience & obsolete scientific theories’ 07/09/2021
- IHBC’s ‘IMHO’ Signpost: Valuing Victorian church architecture 07/09/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick: ArchDaily on ‘Mallorca’s abandoned buildings’. 07/09/2021
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the WHS’s doorstep’: Height reduced at Edinburgh concert venue with work poised to begin next year 07/09/2021
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the ‘Doors Open’ doorstep’ 3: England’s HODs – ‘England’s largest festival of history and culture!’…10-19/09 07/09/2021
Daily Archives: 10/09/2021
REMINDER – New IHBC ‘CPD Priority’ programme virtual event: Ian Hume on ‘Conservation Engineering’, 28-29 September, from £20 for members, with bursaries too!
A new on-line IHBC ‘CPD Priority programme’ event on ‘Conservation Engineering’ with Ian Hume is planned for 28-29 September, with fees from £20.
IHBC responds to suite of energy efficiency consultations as changes proposed to traditionally built homes ramp up: ECO4; PAS 2035 etc.
The IHBC has submitted responses to a suite of consultations important to the care of traditionally built homes, including on the Energy Company Obligation ECO4 and PAS 2035.
IHBC’s Research Signpost: BEIS calls for evidence to substantially reduce research bureaucracy, closing 01/10
The Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy (BEIS) has launched a call for evidence seeking views on ways to substantially reduce research bureaucracy, which aims to primarily benefit individuals and teams conducting research.
IHBC’s HESPR pick from £25M+ costed works this week: DC seeks consultant for town hall works, closing 29/09 and valued up to £100K
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – our Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition quality assurance service – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, and the Director’s pick this week features the call from a District Council (DC) for a … Continue reading
The JC reports on ‘Grave concerns’ over repair issues at Brighton’s Middle Street Synagogue, ‘one of the most beautiful and significant in the UK’.
Contribute a European dimension to ‘Good Urbanism Principles’ survey by 2021 MarketPlace stallholders HSI/PlaceEconomics
IHBC 2021 School MarketPlace multiple Stallholder, Heritage Strategies International, has PlaceEconomics as its American sister, with 2021 School Keynote Donovan Rypkema as its Principal, and our NewsBlog network can help contribute a European dimension to their important survey on developing … Continue reading
The Governing Council of RICS has published the Independent Review by Alison Levitt QC into the events that took place following the commissioning of a Treasury Management audit in 2018 and has voted to accept all her recommendations.
A ‘Dragons’ Den’ Competition for Young Professionals in the Construction Industry has been launched, chaired by Andrew Griffith, the Prime Minister’s Net Zero Champion and with a cash-prize of £1,000, closing.
A new report for The Association of English Cathedrals has highlighted the importance of Cathedrals as standing ‘at the heart of communities and regions’, and reveals the considerable contribution of cathedrals to their local economies and communities. image: for illustration … Continue reading
New roof tiles fitted to a Grade I listed 15th Century manor house have been adapted to stop bats slipping off. image: for illustration purposes only