Search the archive
IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
Unless made explicit, IHBC NewsBlogs are not IHBC endorsements.
- Protected: DRAFT: IHBC@COP26: ‘Conserving our Places Conserves our Planet’ – IHBC’s globally accessible virtual built and historic environment ‘Conservation Helpdesk+’, open 31/10 to 12/11 16/09/2021
- IHBC’s web resource signpost: Quick links on learning and CPD, only a click away from our Home Page 14/09/2021
- IHBC’s cross-disciplinary signpost ‘… From the factor’s doorstep’: Revised property factors’ code of conduct for Scotland 14/09/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick: Dezeen on ‘The Phoenix Garden’ 14/09/2021
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Royal High School Edinburgh set to become ‘world-class centre for music’ 14/09/2021
- MCT name change: ‘Marsh Charitable Trust’, partners in the IHBC Marsh Awards 14/09/2021
- Record 20 places bid for prestigious UK City of Culture 2025 title 14/09/2021
- Local government, climate change and the environment 14/09/2021
- 10 jobs that will help shape a zero-emissions future 14/09/2021
- REMINDER – New IHBC ‘CPD Priority’ programme virtual event: Ian Hume on ‘Conservation Engineering’, 28-29 September, from £20 for members, with bursaries too! 10/09/2021
- IHBC responds to suite of energy efficiency consultations as changes proposed to traditionally built homes ramp up: ECO4; PAS 2035 etc. 10/09/2021
- IHBC’s Research Signpost: BEIS calls for evidence to substantially reduce research bureaucracy, closing 01/10 10/09/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £25M+ costed works this week: DC seeks consultant for town hall works, closing 29/09 and valued up to £100K 10/09/2021
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Fears over the future of historic Brighton shul 10/09/2021
- Contribute a European dimension to ‘Good Urbanism Principles’ survey by 2021 MarketPlace stallholders HSI/PlaceEconomics 10/09/2021
- RICS Publishes Independent Review – Accepts All Recommendations 10/09/2021
- Dragons’ Den for young professionals in construction, £1000, closing 28/09 10/09/2021
- New research reveals cathedrals’ contribution to local economies & communities 10/09/2021
- National Trust adapts Oxburgh Hall’s roof tiles for bats 10/09/2021
- IHBC’s September CPD Circular now out: Accessible cross-sector support, with free sign up/events listings! 07/09/2021
- IHBC’s CPD signpost: Why not add to DBW’s list of construction industry ‘traditions, superstitions, pseudoscience & obsolete scientific theories’ 07/09/2021
- IHBC’s ‘IMHO’ Signpost: Valuing Victorian church architecture 07/09/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick: ArchDaily on ‘Mallorca’s abandoned buildings’. 07/09/2021
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the WHS’s doorstep’: Height reduced at Edinburgh concert venue with work poised to begin next year 07/09/2021
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the ‘Doors Open’ doorstep’ 3: England’s HODs – ‘England’s largest festival of history and culture!’…10-19/09 07/09/2021
Daily Archives: 14/09/2021
Anyone looking for conservation learning resources or guidance on Continuing Professional Development (CPD) now has easy access to the IHBC’s help just a click from our Homepage.
IHBC’s cross-disciplinary signpost ‘… From the factor’s doorstep’: Revised property factors’ code of conduct for Scotland
Fiona McLeod has provided Scottish Construction Now with a brief overview of the changes introduced by the Scottish Government’s revised code of conduct for property factors.
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – our Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition quality assurance scheme for heritage services – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, and this week features Dezeen on ‘The Phoenix Garden: a green retreat in … Continue reading
IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Royal High School Edinburgh set to become ‘world-class centre for music’
The Royal High School Preservation Trust has put forward detailed proposals to the City of Edinburgh Council for the iconic Thomas Hamilton building on Calton Hill to be restored as a ‘world-class centre for music education and public performance.’, writes … Continue reading
The Marsh Charitable Trust (MCT) is the new name for the Marsh Christian Trust, lead partners in the IHBC Marsh Awards programme.
A record 20 places from across the UK have put in a bid to become the UK City of Culture 2025. image: Open Government Licence v3.0
England’s Ministry of Housing, Communities & Local Government (MHCLG) has published a new collection of guidance, bringing together information for local councils on climate change, net zero and the environment. image: Open Government Licence v3.0
A listing of 10 jobs to help shape a zero-emissions future includes ‘Home energy auditor and retrofitter’.