Search the archive
IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
Unless made explicit, IHBC NewsBlogs are not IHBC endorsements.
- IHBC trustee nominations close with AGM booking & proxy voting now open: 6PM, 24 February, after Council; AGM papers to come 21/01/2022
- UPDATE: IHBC looks to the future with new ‘Affiliate’ arrangements offering improved support for all: ONLY the name changes – to ‘Supporter’ – for those seeking status quo 21/01/2022
- REMINDER: IHBC Marsh Awards 2022 launched: ‘Your chance to nominate retired IHBC members and/or successful learners’, closing 31 March 21/01/2022
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £20M+ works this week: BPT partnership seeks PM for NLHF projects, closing 11/02 21/01/2022
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Emmeline Pankhurst’s GII grave dubbed ‘national disgrace’ after it’s left filthy and chipped 21/01/2022
- New Chair appointed to Historic Environment Scotland: Hugh Hall 21/01/2022
- Housing crisis needs action on planning, SMEs and housing for elderly, says Lords report 21/01/2022
- New report highlights the impact of retrofit programmes on social housing customers 21/01/2022
- A clever map tool will tell you facts about (basically) any street or building, via Wikipedia! 21/01/2022
- IHBC welcomes STBA Paper: ‘From Retrofit to Regeneration’ published 18/01/2022
- CCT CE Peter Aiers IHBC announces move to The Charterhouse 18/01/2022
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’: Building’s top news for 2021 18/01/2022
- IHBC Marsh Awards 2022 launched: ‘Your chance to nominate retired IHBC members and/or successful learners’, closing 31 March 18/01/2022
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the (civil) doorstep’: Inspector allows Southgate Office Village Scheme on appeal, despite engagement campaign 18/01/2022
- Targeted funds of £65 million for Scotland’s culture and events to help ease impact of pandemic 18/01/2022
- Plans unveiled to restore 300,000 hectares of habitat across England 18/01/2022
- Building collapses after foundation blunders 18/01/2022
- New digital model of Skara Brae helps investigate impacts of climate change 18/01/2022
- Top 20 new articles in 2021 from DB announced 18/01/2022
- Serious about your staffing plans or career? Get your ‘Heads Up’ with ‘IHBC Jobs etc.’ as we headline career-defining posts – across sectors and disciplines – so sign up now! 14/01/2022
- IHBC congratulates IHBC Member Darren Barker on MBE 14/01/2022
- REMINDER: IHBC looks to the future with new ‘Affiliate’ arrangements: Improved support for all, and ONLY the name changes for those seeking status quo 14/01/2022
- IHBC welcomes Civic Voice’s ‘Paper Tigers’: A critical review of Statements of Community Involvement in England 14/01/2022
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £2.3M+ works this week: Council seeks heritage strategy draft review, closing 11/02, valued to £12K 14/01/2022
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Chard Leisure Centre eyesore may remain until spring 14/01/2022
Daily Archives: 05/10/2021
IHBC’s new CPD Circular now out: Accessible cross-sector support, from Branch events & AGMs to COP26 hosting and craft opportunities
The new issue of the IHBC’s regular and free CPD Circular is out, with accessible information on learning opportunities and Continuing Professional Development (CPD), from CPD-linked virtual volunteering on our IHBC@COP26 #IHBCHelpdesk to funded craft training in London.
Designing Buildings Wiki (DBW) – host platform for the IHBC’s Conservation Wiki and the ‘construction industry knowledge base’ – has issued detailed, step-by-step plans from the moment a new building becomes a possibility, right through to post occupancy evaluation.
IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick: ArchDaily Wright’s Frederick Bagley House dodging demolition
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – our Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition quality assurance scheme for heritage services – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, and this week features ArchDaily on Wright’s Frederick Bagley House dodging demolition for … Continue reading
IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Listed Stewartby Brickworks chimneys demolition ‘captured on spectacular drone footage’… for more housing
Stewartby Brickworks chimneys, part of what was once the largest brickworks in the world, have been demolished, an act recorded for posterity as reported by BedfordshireLive.
The Architects Registration Board (ARB) responds to departmental review of architects regulation.
The Royal Incorporation of Architects in Scotland (RIAS) Awards 2021 have been announced and Bell Street Stables conversion designed by Collective Architecture for Wheatley Housing Association wins Historic Environment Scotland (HES) Conservation and Climate Change Award.
Proposed planning reforms to support hospitality businesses, markets and historic visitor attractions so that outdoor space can be used more easily are being proposed in a public consultation launched by Government UK. image: Open Government Licence v3.0
Learners will be able to upskill or retrain at a pace that fits their lives through short university and college courses supported by bespoke loans. image: Open Government Licence v3.0
Specialist heritage insurer Ecclesiastical is warning historical properties to take precautions following a spate of smash and grab raids across the country.
London architect Amin Taha has won his battle against planners to save his award-winning project, 15 Clerkenwell Close, which had faced a demolition order from the London borough of Islington.