Search the archive
IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
Unless made explicit, IHBC NewsBlogs are not IHBC endorsements.
- Support conservation as a climate solution: Volunteers and hosts for IHBC@COP26’s Zoom ‘Conservation Helpdesk+’ still welcome, with guidance now out 15/10/2021
- IHBC responds to Conservation Principles for North Ireland 15/10/2021
- IHBC’s web resource signpost: Quick links and guidance on joining, accreditation and career progress are only a click away! 15/10/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £43K+ works this week: Charity seeks architect for GII refurb, valued £43K, closing 22/10 15/10/2021
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Gateway to historic town centre re-opened following improvement works, as what ‘WAS’ becomes ‘HAZ’ 15/10/2021
- ARB on ‘Modernising architectural education and training’ 15/10/2021
- Department for Levelling Up etc. (DLUHC) on ‘Our Governance’ and Board 15/10/2021
- RICS sets new standards of conduct 15/10/2021
- Scotland’s new Local Place Plans regulations laid in Parliament 15/10/2021
- Elizabeth Tower conservation set to complete in 2022 15/10/2021
- Serious about your staffing plans or career? Stay ahead with ‘IHBC Jobs etc.’, with posts ranging from conservation architects (x2) and Officers (x7+) and seeking Net Zero (HE), Listing (HE) and sustainability skills 12/10/2021
- New Context out, on ‘Conservation leadership by the people’: From Amenity Societies and Wentworth Woodhouse to Kurt Schwitters, Scotland’s Towns, Chester and more 12/10/2021
- Volunteer virtually with IHBC@COP26 on IHBC’s built and historic environment ‘Conservation Helpdesk+’, – because ‘Conserving our Places Conserves our Planet’ 12/10/2021
- IHBC CPD signpost: Gender-Responsive Public Procurement – Can public procurement help solve gender inequality? 12/10/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick: Dezeen on the ‘Conference of Trees at COP26’ 12/10/2021
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Plans for bridge between Scotland and Northern Ireland scrapped – reports 12/10/2021
- The NCT guide to ‘incredible churches in wild landscapes’, with 200+ churches to visit in UK National Parks 12/10/2021
- Record fine issued to London landlord over planning offence 12/10/2021
- Nearly £60m low carbon growth programme approved for Swansea 12/10/2021
- China vows to curb urban demolitions, preserve cultural heritage 12/10/2021
- IHBC members’ on-line ‘inclusive Council’ invites issued: ‘Join in shaping our activities and plans’ – Wed 13 Oct, 1.30PM on 08/10/2021
- Volunteer virtually with IHBC@COP26 on IHBC’s built and historic environment ‘Conservation Helpdesk+’, – because ‘Conserving our Places Conserves our Planet’ 08/10/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £145K+ works this week: BC seeks governance etc. consultants on heritage project, valued to £25K, closing 25/10 08/10/2021
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the cemetery’s step’: Paris Court Rules Brancusi’s ‘Kiss’ to stay 08/10/2021
- Boris Johnson pledges no homes will be built on green fields 08/10/2021
Daily Archives: 05/10/2021
IHBC’s new CPD Circular now out: Accessible cross-sector support, from Branch events & AGMs to COP26 hosting and craft opportunities
The new issue of the IHBC’s regular and free CPD Circular is out, with accessible information on learning opportunities and Continuing Professional Development (CPD), from CPD-linked virtual volunteering on our IHBC@COP26 #IHBCHelpdesk to funded craft training in London.
Designing Buildings Wiki (DBW) – host platform for the IHBC’s Conservation Wiki and the ‘construction industry knowledge base’ – has issued detailed, step-by-step plans from the moment a new building becomes a possibility, right through to post occupancy evaluation.
IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick: ArchDaily Wright’s Frederick Bagley House dodging demolition
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – our Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition quality assurance scheme for heritage services – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, and this week features ArchDaily on Wright’s Frederick Bagley House dodging demolition for … Continue reading
IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Listed Stewartby Brickworks chimneys demolition ‘captured on spectacular drone footage’… for more housing
Stewartby Brickworks chimneys, part of what was once the largest brickworks in the world, have been demolished, an act recorded for posterity as reported by BedfordshireLive.
The Architects Registration Board (ARB) responds to departmental review of architects regulation.
The Royal Incorporation of Architects in Scotland (RIAS) Awards 2021 have been announced and Bell Street Stables conversion designed by Collective Architecture for Wheatley Housing Association wins Historic Environment Scotland (HES) Conservation and Climate Change Award.
Proposed planning reforms to support hospitality businesses, markets and historic visitor attractions so that outdoor space can be used more easily are being proposed in a public consultation launched by Government UK. image: Open Government Licence v3.0
Learners will be able to upskill or retrain at a pace that fits their lives through short university and college courses supported by bespoke loans. image: Open Government Licence v3.0
Specialist heritage insurer Ecclesiastical is warning historical properties to take precautions following a spate of smash and grab raids across the country.
London architect Amin Taha has won his battle against planners to save his award-winning project, 15 Clerkenwell Close, which had faced a demolition order from the London borough of Islington.