Search the archive
IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
Unless made explicit, IHBC NewsBlogs are not IHBC endorsements.
- Support conservation as a climate solution: Volunteers and hosts for IHBC@COP26’s Zoom ‘Conservation Helpdesk+’ still welcome, with guidance now out 15/10/2021
- IHBC responds to Conservation Principles for North Ireland 15/10/2021
- IHBC’s web resource signpost: Quick links and guidance on joining, accreditation and career progress are only a click away! 15/10/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £43K+ works this week: Charity seeks architect for GII refurb, valued £43K, closing 22/10 15/10/2021
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Gateway to historic town centre re-opened following improvement works, as what ‘WAS’ becomes ‘HAZ’ 15/10/2021
- ARB on ‘Modernising architectural education and training’ 15/10/2021
- Department for Levelling Up etc. (DLUHC) on ‘Our Governance’ and Board 15/10/2021
- RICS sets new standards of conduct 15/10/2021
- Scotland’s new Local Place Plans regulations laid in Parliament 15/10/2021
- Elizabeth Tower conservation set to complete in 2022 15/10/2021
- Serious about your staffing plans or career? Stay ahead with ‘IHBC Jobs etc.’, with posts ranging from conservation architects (x2) and Officers (x7+) and seeking Net Zero (HE), Listing (HE) and sustainability skills 12/10/2021
- New Context out, on ‘Conservation leadership by the people’: From Amenity Societies and Wentworth Woodhouse to Kurt Schwitters, Scotland’s Towns, Chester and more 12/10/2021
- Volunteer virtually with IHBC@COP26 on IHBC’s built and historic environment ‘Conservation Helpdesk+’, – because ‘Conserving our Places Conserves our Planet’ 12/10/2021
- IHBC CPD signpost: Gender-Responsive Public Procurement – Can public procurement help solve gender inequality? 12/10/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick: Dezeen on the ‘Conference of Trees at COP26’ 12/10/2021
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Plans for bridge between Scotland and Northern Ireland scrapped – reports 12/10/2021
- The NCT guide to ‘incredible churches in wild landscapes’, with 200+ churches to visit in UK National Parks 12/10/2021
- Record fine issued to London landlord over planning offence 12/10/2021
- Nearly £60m low carbon growth programme approved for Swansea 12/10/2021
- China vows to curb urban demolitions, preserve cultural heritage 12/10/2021
- IHBC members’ on-line ‘inclusive Council’ invites issued: ‘Join in shaping our activities and plans’ – Wed 13 Oct, 1.30PM on 08/10/2021
- Volunteer virtually with IHBC@COP26 on IHBC’s built and historic environment ‘Conservation Helpdesk+’, – because ‘Conserving our Places Conserves our Planet’ 08/10/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £145K+ works this week: BC seeks governance etc. consultants on heritage project, valued to £25K, closing 25/10 08/10/2021
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the cemetery’s step’: Paris Court Rules Brancusi’s ‘Kiss’ to stay 08/10/2021
- Boris Johnson pledges no homes will be built on green fields 08/10/2021
Daily Archives: 08/10/2021
IHBC members’ on-line ‘inclusive Council’ invites issued: ‘Join in shaping our activities and plans’ – Wed 13 Oct, 1.30PM on
All IHBC members IHBC should have received a personal email invitation from IHBC President Mike Brown to attend the forthcoming virtual meeting of IHBC’s new Council, at 1.30pm on Wednesday 13 October.
Volunteer virtually with IHBC@COP26 on IHBC’s built and historic environment ‘Conservation Helpdesk+’, – because ‘Conserving our Places Conserves our Planet’
Volunteer at the virtual IHBC@COP26 ‘Conservation Helpdesk+’ and support IHBC and our partners’ advice, insights and learning across the global COP26 network, because ‘Conserving our Places Conserves our Planet’, just contact our COP26 conservation #IHBCHelpdesk.
IHBC’s HESPR pick from £145K+ works this week: BC seeks governance etc. consultants on heritage project, valued to £25K, closing 25/10
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – our Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition quality assurance service – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, and the Director’s pick this week features the call from this week is the call from … Continue reading
A decades-spanning legal battle over a Constantin Brancusi sculpture that has long been a beloved fixture of Paris’s Montparnasse Cemetery has ended in a win for the French state reports Art News.
Prime Minister signals softening of planning overhaul in conference speech after backlash from voters in Tory heartlands. image: for illustration purposes only – Open Government Licence v3.0
National Lottery: From £1,000 to £10,000 UK funding to support communities’ action on climate change, closing 18/11
The National Lottery is offering from £1,000 to £10,000 of National Lottery funding to support communities across the UK to take action on climate change, closing 18 November.
The former Royal High School building in Edinburgh is to be transformed into a £55 million national centre for music after the City of Edinburgh Council agreed to the lease of the historic property. image: Cockburn Association
Historic England (HE) has commissioned and published a number of pieces of research into mills.
A community council is considering taking legal action against a decision to approve a housing development in Glasgow in a case it said has ramifications for sensitive conservation areas across Scotland. image: Carmunnock Community Council
Campaign group ‘Engineers Against Poverty’, investigating transparency in the UK construction and public works, has found significant barriers in access to information.
A cafe table where JK Rowling wrote sections of her Harry Potter books has been salvaged from a huge fire, which devastated the building.