Search the archive
IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
Unless made explicit, IHBC NewsBlogs are not IHBC endorsements.
- IHBC trustee nominations close with AGM booking & proxy voting now open: 6PM, 24 February, after Council; AGM papers to come 21/01/2022
- UPDATE: IHBC looks to the future with new ‘Affiliate’ arrangements offering improved support for all: ONLY the name changes – to ‘Supporter’ – for those seeking status quo 21/01/2022
- REMINDER: IHBC Marsh Awards 2022 launched: ‘Your chance to nominate retired IHBC members and/or successful learners’, closing 31 March 21/01/2022
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £20M+ works this week: BPT partnership seeks PM for NLHF projects, closing 11/02 21/01/2022
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Emmeline Pankhurst’s GII grave dubbed ‘national disgrace’ after it’s left filthy and chipped 21/01/2022
- New Chair appointed to Historic Environment Scotland: Hugh Hall 21/01/2022
- Housing crisis needs action on planning, SMEs and housing for elderly, says Lords report 21/01/2022
- New report highlights the impact of retrofit programmes on social housing customers 21/01/2022
- A clever map tool will tell you facts about (basically) any street or building, via Wikipedia! 21/01/2022
- IHBC welcomes STBA Paper: ‘From Retrofit to Regeneration’ published 18/01/2022
- CCT CE Peter Aiers IHBC announces move to The Charterhouse 18/01/2022
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’: Building’s top news for 2021 18/01/2022
- IHBC Marsh Awards 2022 launched: ‘Your chance to nominate retired IHBC members and/or successful learners’, closing 31 March 18/01/2022
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the (civil) doorstep’: Inspector allows Southgate Office Village Scheme on appeal, despite engagement campaign 18/01/2022
- Targeted funds of £65 million for Scotland’s culture and events to help ease impact of pandemic 18/01/2022
- Plans unveiled to restore 300,000 hectares of habitat across England 18/01/2022
- Building collapses after foundation blunders 18/01/2022
- New digital model of Skara Brae helps investigate impacts of climate change 18/01/2022
- Top 20 new articles in 2021 from DB announced 18/01/2022
- Serious about your staffing plans or career? Get your ‘Heads Up’ with ‘IHBC Jobs etc.’ as we headline career-defining posts – across sectors and disciplines – so sign up now! 14/01/2022
- IHBC congratulates IHBC Member Darren Barker on MBE 14/01/2022
- REMINDER: IHBC looks to the future with new ‘Affiliate’ arrangements: Improved support for all, and ONLY the name changes for those seeking status quo 14/01/2022
- IHBC welcomes Civic Voice’s ‘Paper Tigers’: A critical review of Statements of Community Involvement in England 14/01/2022
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £2.3M+ works this week: Council seeks heritage strategy draft review, closing 11/02, valued to £12K 14/01/2022
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Chard Leisure Centre eyesore may remain until spring 14/01/2022
Daily Archives: 08/10/2021
IHBC members’ on-line ‘inclusive Council’ invites issued: ‘Join in shaping our activities and plans’ – Wed 13 Oct, 1.30PM on
All IHBC members IHBC should have received a personal email invitation from IHBC President Mike Brown to attend the forthcoming virtual meeting of IHBC’s new Council, at 1.30pm on Wednesday 13 October.
Volunteer virtually with IHBC@COP26 on IHBC’s built and historic environment ‘Conservation Helpdesk+’, – because ‘Conserving our Places Conserves our Planet’
Volunteer at the virtual IHBC@COP26 ‘Conservation Helpdesk+’ and support IHBC and our partners’ advice, insights and learning across the global COP26 network, because ‘Conserving our Places Conserves our Planet’, just contact our COP26 conservation #IHBCHelpdesk.
IHBC’s HESPR pick from £145K+ works this week: BC seeks governance etc. consultants on heritage project, valued to £25K, closing 25/10
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – our Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition quality assurance service – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, and the Director’s pick this week features the call from this week is the call from … Continue reading
A decades-spanning legal battle over a Constantin Brancusi sculpture that has long been a beloved fixture of Paris’s Montparnasse Cemetery has ended in a win for the French state reports Art News.
Prime Minister signals softening of planning overhaul in conference speech after backlash from voters in Tory heartlands. image: for illustration purposes only – Open Government Licence v3.0
National Lottery: From £1,000 to £10,000 UK funding to support communities’ action on climate change, closing 18/11
The National Lottery is offering from £1,000 to £10,000 of National Lottery funding to support communities across the UK to take action on climate change, closing 18 November.
The former Royal High School building in Edinburgh is to be transformed into a £55 million national centre for music after the City of Edinburgh Council agreed to the lease of the historic property. image: Cockburn Association
Historic England (HE) has commissioned and published a number of pieces of research into mills.
A community council is considering taking legal action against a decision to approve a housing development in Glasgow in a case it said has ramifications for sensitive conservation areas across Scotland. image: Carmunnock Community Council
Campaign group ‘Engineers Against Poverty’, investigating transparency in the UK construction and public works, has found significant barriers in access to information.
A cafe table where JK Rowling wrote sections of her Harry Potter books has been salvaged from a huge fire, which devastated the building.