Search the archive
IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
Unless made explicit, IHBC NewsBlogs are not IHBC endorsements.
- IHBC’s 2021 Yearbook : 5000+ key players learn more about the IHBC, introduced by HE’s Duncan Wilson OBE 07/12/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ from IHBC’s 2022 School: Aberdeen Art Gallery named Scotland’s building of the year’ 07/12/2021
- IHBC features ‘Heritage form the Charity doorstep’! EH- pandemic ‘knocked us off course’ but now we are ‘stronger and wiser’ 07/12/2021
- Lord Bichard leads RICS ‘Independent Review’ into governance & purpose 07/12/2021
- Article 4 Direction confirmed to protect Hemel Town Centre 07/12/2021
- Blackpool promenade shut after building partial collapse 07/12/2021
- £240K boost for communities as Scottish heritage projects awarded funding 07/12/2021
- CIC commends 40 signatories of its climate action plan 07/12/2021
- Carbon survey reports that some businesses are reluctant to address emissions 07/12/2021
- Historic England Annual Report and Accounts 2020-2021 07/12/2021
- More than £1bn needed to make the UK’s theatre buildings sustainable 07/12/2021
- IHBC’s new CPD Circular now out: Accessible cross-sector support, from NI events for all (9/12) to podcasts & more 03/12/2021
- IHBC welcomes Eilish McGuinness as new Heritage Fund CEO 03/12/2021
- IHBC welcomes Aberdeen Art Gallery success with Andrew Doolan Best Building in Scotland Award 03/12/2021
- IHBC welcomes ‘groundbreaking’ heritage & research virtual conference from ICSM CHC, 6-10 December 03/12/2021
- IHBC says: ‘Please check your contact details, for the Yearbook and more, by 17/12’ 03/12/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £137K+ works this week: Heritage property lead seeks masterplans, closing 20/12, valued £40-100K 03/12/2021
- IHBC features ‘Heritage form the restorer’s doorstep’! ‘Faithful reinstatement’ preferred option for GSA Mackintosh Building 03/12/2021
- New Chief Planning Inspector of new Welsh Government body appointed 03/12/2021
- MPs require all new buildings to have renewables from next year 03/12/2021
- Campaigners call for new law to empower communities 03/12/2021
- BRE helps build new embodied carbon database 03/12/2021
- IHBC@COP26 Helpdesk+ signpost: COP26 looks back at what was achieved 30/11/2021
- IHBC consultation responds to ‘Supporting defence infrastructure and the future of time-limited permitted development rights’ 30/11/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ double-up: HESPR’s ‘free 15 minutes advice’ project’ and #IHBC Aberdeen 2022 MarketPlace 30/11/2021
Daily Archives: 15/10/2021
Support conservation as a climate solution: Volunteers and hosts for IHBC@COP26’s Zoom ‘Conservation Helpdesk+’ still welcome, with guidance now out
New guidance is now out for volunteers on the virtual (Zoom) IHBC@COP26 ‘Conservation Helpdesk+’, so you can support ‘conservation as a climate solution’ across the global COP26 network, because ‘Conserving our Places Conserves our Planet’.
The IHBC has submitted its response on the ‘Conservation Principles – Guidance for the sustainable management of the historic environment in Northern Ireland’.
IHBC’s web resource signpost: Quick links and guidance on joining, accreditation and career progress are only a click away!
Just discovered the IHBC, or need to join up fast, or even decided to get your accreditation going: just click on the our easy access Homepage ‘Join’ panel and find or Quick Links to getting your career as a conservation … Continue reading
IHBC’s HESPR pick from £43K+ works this week: Charity seeks architect for GII refurb, valued £43K, closing 22/10
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – our Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition quality assurance service – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, and the Director’s pick this week features the call from a charity for an architect for … Continue reading
IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Gateway to historic town centre re-opened following improvement works, as what ‘WAS’ becomes ‘HAZ’
Works to improve part of Ormskirk’s historic Wheatsheaf Walk are now complete, providing an improved public square for residents, businesses and visitors.
The Architects Registration Board (ARB) is arguing that the way we educate and train architects in the UK needs to change, as ‘we need to ensure architects acquire the right skills, knowledge, experience and behaviours’
The Department for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities (DLUHC) has outlined its board’s role to advise and support ministers on the operational implications and effectiveness of policy proposals, focusing on getting policy translated into results.
Revised rules of conduct from the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) highlight transparency, ethical behaviour and sustainability for RICS’ regulated members and firms.
New regulations that provide for the preparation, submission and registration of Local Place Plans (LPPs) have been laid in the Scottish Parliament. image for illustration purposes only: By Mary and Angus Hogg, CC BY-SA 2.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=62139071
The conservation of the Elizabeth Tower has moved another step closer to completion today, as further details about the progress of the works are unveiled after a year of unprecedented challenges brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic. images are reproduced … Continue reading