Search the archive
IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
Unless made explicit, IHBC NewsBlogs are not IHBC endorsements.
- IHBC’s 2021 Yearbook : 5000+ key players learn more about the IHBC, introduced by HE’s Duncan Wilson OBE 07/12/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ from IHBC’s 2022 School: Aberdeen Art Gallery named Scotland’s building of the year’ 07/12/2021
- IHBC features ‘Heritage form the Charity doorstep’! EH- pandemic ‘knocked us off course’ but now we are ‘stronger and wiser’ 07/12/2021
- Lord Bichard leads RICS ‘Independent Review’ into governance & purpose 07/12/2021
- Article 4 Direction confirmed to protect Hemel Town Centre 07/12/2021
- Blackpool promenade shut after building partial collapse 07/12/2021
- £240K boost for communities as Scottish heritage projects awarded funding 07/12/2021
- CIC commends 40 signatories of its climate action plan 07/12/2021
- Carbon survey reports that some businesses are reluctant to address emissions 07/12/2021
- Historic England Annual Report and Accounts 2020-2021 07/12/2021
- More than £1bn needed to make the UK’s theatre buildings sustainable 07/12/2021
- IHBC’s new CPD Circular now out: Accessible cross-sector support, from NI events for all (9/12) to podcasts & more 03/12/2021
- IHBC welcomes Eilish McGuinness as new Heritage Fund CEO 03/12/2021
- IHBC welcomes Aberdeen Art Gallery success with Andrew Doolan Best Building in Scotland Award 03/12/2021
- IHBC welcomes ‘groundbreaking’ heritage & research virtual conference from ICSM CHC, 6-10 December 03/12/2021
- IHBC says: ‘Please check your contact details, for the Yearbook and more, by 17/12’ 03/12/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £137K+ works this week: Heritage property lead seeks masterplans, closing 20/12, valued £40-100K 03/12/2021
- IHBC features ‘Heritage form the restorer’s doorstep’! ‘Faithful reinstatement’ preferred option for GSA Mackintosh Building 03/12/2021
- New Chief Planning Inspector of new Welsh Government body appointed 03/12/2021
- MPs require all new buildings to have renewables from next year 03/12/2021
- Campaigners call for new law to empower communities 03/12/2021
- BRE helps build new embodied carbon database 03/12/2021
- IHBC@COP26 Helpdesk+ signpost: COP26 looks back at what was achieved 30/11/2021
- IHBC consultation responds to ‘Supporting defence infrastructure and the future of time-limited permitted development rights’ 30/11/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ double-up: HESPR’s ‘free 15 minutes advice’ project’ and #IHBC Aberdeen 2022 MarketPlace 30/11/2021
Daily Archives: 19/10/2021
2021 School delegate survey issued: Top marks for relevance (98.2%), CPD support (83.64%), & Friday (c.94%)
The 2021 Brighton School delegate survey has been published, with an impressive showing of ‘good to excellent’ from delegates across key measures: 98.2% approving the content, 83.64%.the CPD support, and c.93% the Friday programme.
The IHBC has posted online its updated Communications and Outreach Strategy, for 2021-24, with a foreword by IHBC Chair David McDonald.
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – our Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition quality assurance scheme for heritage services – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, and this week features Dezeen on a RIBA report on ‘Decarbonising the built … Continue reading
IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Inside the abandoned American cottage that overlooks a North Wales village
An urban explorer has revealed pictures of a fascinating, abandoned cottage on the ‘outskirts of Wales’ and dubbed the ‘American Cottage’, writes North Wales Live.
Town centres are at the heart of Welsh life, but more needs to be done to help their regeneration according to two new reports, according to the South Wales Argus.
The Architectural Heritage Fund (AHF) is seeking to appoint two new trustees to join its Board.
The Heritage Alliance has announced that Pam Alexander OBE has agreed to be its new Chair, from 4 November. image: THA
The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) has outlined its approach to preventing unnecessary deaths caused by exposure to dust on construction sites, centred on a new ‘Dust Kills’ campaign. image: Dust Kills website
As part of the review of the Nationally Significant Infrastructure Planning (NSIP) process and all its interactions Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government (MCHLG) [Department for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities] invites views on the NSIP process, with the … Continue reading
Historic England (HE) has opened an aerial photography project to the public, with a virtual aerial map for researchers reaching back up to 6000 years ago.