Search the archive
IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
Unless made explicit, IHBC NewsBlogs are not IHBC endorsements.
- IHBC’s 2021 Yearbook : 5000+ key players learn more about the IHBC, introduced by HE’s Duncan Wilson OBE 07/12/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ from IHBC’s 2022 School: Aberdeen Art Gallery named Scotland’s building of the year’ 07/12/2021
- IHBC features ‘Heritage form the Charity doorstep’! EH- pandemic ‘knocked us off course’ but now we are ‘stronger and wiser’ 07/12/2021
- Lord Bichard leads RICS ‘Independent Review’ into governance & purpose 07/12/2021
- Article 4 Direction confirmed to protect Hemel Town Centre 07/12/2021
- Blackpool promenade shut after building partial collapse 07/12/2021
- £240K boost for communities as Scottish heritage projects awarded funding 07/12/2021
- CIC commends 40 signatories of its climate action plan 07/12/2021
- Carbon survey reports that some businesses are reluctant to address emissions 07/12/2021
- Historic England Annual Report and Accounts 2020-2021 07/12/2021
- More than £1bn needed to make the UK’s theatre buildings sustainable 07/12/2021
- IHBC’s new CPD Circular now out: Accessible cross-sector support, from NI events for all (9/12) to podcasts & more 03/12/2021
- IHBC welcomes Eilish McGuinness as new Heritage Fund CEO 03/12/2021
- IHBC welcomes Aberdeen Art Gallery success with Andrew Doolan Best Building in Scotland Award 03/12/2021
- IHBC welcomes ‘groundbreaking’ heritage & research virtual conference from ICSM CHC, 6-10 December 03/12/2021
- IHBC says: ‘Please check your contact details, for the Yearbook and more, by 17/12’ 03/12/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £137K+ works this week: Heritage property lead seeks masterplans, closing 20/12, valued £40-100K 03/12/2021
- IHBC features ‘Heritage form the restorer’s doorstep’! ‘Faithful reinstatement’ preferred option for GSA Mackintosh Building 03/12/2021
- New Chief Planning Inspector of new Welsh Government body appointed 03/12/2021
- MPs require all new buildings to have renewables from next year 03/12/2021
- Campaigners call for new law to empower communities 03/12/2021
- BRE helps build new embodied carbon database 03/12/2021
- IHBC@COP26 Helpdesk+ signpost: COP26 looks back at what was achieved 30/11/2021
- IHBC consultation responds to ‘Supporting defence infrastructure and the future of time-limited permitted development rights’ 30/11/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ double-up: HESPR’s ‘free 15 minutes advice’ project’ and #IHBC Aberdeen 2022 MarketPlace 30/11/2021
Daily Archives: 02/11/2021
IHBC@COP26 virtual built and historic environment ‘Conservation Helpdesk+’: Engaging with COP26, because ‘Conserving our Places Conserves our Planet’
The IHBC is supporting built and historic environment conservation at COP26 through our virtual ‘IHBC@COP26 ‘Conservation Helpdesk+’ to guide visitors and delegates to our resources, our members’ activities and our linked partners and networks, because ‘Conserving our Places Conserves our … Continue reading
Wonder why is IHBC@COP26? Accessible guide on how ‘Conserving our Places Conserves our Planet’ for ‘Conservation Helpdesk+’ visitors
The IHBC@COP26 ‘Conservation Helpdesk+’ webpage will host accessible summary guidance on how ‘Conserving our Places Conserves our Planet’. DOWNLOAD THE ACCESSIBLE SUMMARY GUIDANCE ‘How Conserving our Places Conserves our Planet’
IHBC’s (COP26) CPD Circular: Accessible cross-sector support, including IHBC@COP26 and ‘Climate and Conservation Podcast’ highlights
The IHBC’s regular and free CPD Circular is out, with accessible information on learning opportunities and Continuing Professional Development (CPD), as this issue highlights our IHBC@COP26 #IHBCHelpdesk and ‘Climate and Conservation Podcasts’.
IHBC@COP26 climate-aware CPD signpost: Five numbers on the mammoth effort needed to insulate Britain’s homes, from The Conversation.
The Conversation has shared five numbers that show the efforts needed to insulate Britain’s homes. image: for illustration purposes only
IHBC@COP26 climate-aware CPD signpost: Scotland’s Engine Shed on climate-aware advice – ‘How to storm-proof your older building or home’
Scotland’s The Engine Shed offers accessible advice on how to protect both yourself and your older building from damage caused by the weather.
IHBC@COP26 in context: Devolve power and funding to local areas to help level up, says National Infrastructure Commission
Levelling up towns will require a shift in the government’s approach from announcing multiple ring-fenced pots of money – many of which councils must compete over – to instead handing power to local areas argues the National Infrastructure Commission (NIC). … Continue reading
IHBC@COP26 HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick: MHCLG seeks input for ‘User Research in Planning Reform’
IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – our Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition quality assurance scheme for heritage services – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, and this week features the MHCLG-linked ‘Call for Participation: User Research & Planning Reform’.
IHBC@COP26 features ‘Heritage from the cave’: Theopetra Cave – The Oldest Human Construction on Earth
Theopetra Cave, located in the Meteora limestone rock formations of Thessaly, Central Greece, is likely to be the place of the oldest human construction on earth, reports the Greek Reporter. image for illustration purposes only: By Tolis-3kala – Own work, … Continue reading
Levelling Up Fund: first round of successful bidders out, with £20M for Aberdeen (IHBC’s 2022 School hub!)
The Department for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities (DLUHC) has issued the list of successful bidders for round 1 of the Levelling Up Fund – includes £20M for Aberdeen City Centre Master Plan, base for the IHBC’s 2022 ‘Aberdeen’ School.
Wales’ Historic Environment (HE) Bill consolidation — Progress as Historic Environment leads on ‘improving the accessibility of the law’
Mick Antoniw MS, the Counsel General and Minister for the Constitution, has made two important statements to the Senedd regarding the historic environment consolidation Bill, including how it will make to improving the accessibility of the law.
Eight places have been longlisted for the prestigious UK City of Culture 2025 title, with the winner to be announced next year.
On 7 October 2021 the Scottish Government laid the Town and Country Planning (Local Place Plans) (Scotland) Regulations 2021 (the Regulations) in the Scottish Parliament, and subject to Parliament’s approval, they will come into force on 22 January 2022.
The Construction Industry Council (CIC) ‘CIC 2050 Group’ is calling for young professionals within the Construction Industry to share what they would like the industry to look like in 2050 by taking a short survey.