Search the archive
IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
Unless made explicit, IHBC NewsBlogs are not IHBC endorsements.
- IHBC’s 2021 Yearbook : 5000+ key players learn more about the IHBC, introduced by HE’s Duncan Wilson OBE 07/12/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ from IHBC’s 2022 School: Aberdeen Art Gallery named Scotland’s building of the year’ 07/12/2021
- IHBC features ‘Heritage form the Charity doorstep’! EH- pandemic ‘knocked us off course’ but now we are ‘stronger and wiser’ 07/12/2021
- Lord Bichard leads RICS ‘Independent Review’ into governance & purpose 07/12/2021
- Article 4 Direction confirmed to protect Hemel Town Centre 07/12/2021
- Blackpool promenade shut after building partial collapse 07/12/2021
- £240K boost for communities as Scottish heritage projects awarded funding 07/12/2021
- CIC commends 40 signatories of its climate action plan 07/12/2021
- Carbon survey reports that some businesses are reluctant to address emissions 07/12/2021
- Historic England Annual Report and Accounts 2020-2021 07/12/2021
- More than £1bn needed to make the UK’s theatre buildings sustainable 07/12/2021
- IHBC’s new CPD Circular now out: Accessible cross-sector support, from NI events for all (9/12) to podcasts & more 03/12/2021
- IHBC welcomes Eilish McGuinness as new Heritage Fund CEO 03/12/2021
- IHBC welcomes Aberdeen Art Gallery success with Andrew Doolan Best Building in Scotland Award 03/12/2021
- IHBC welcomes ‘groundbreaking’ heritage & research virtual conference from ICSM CHC, 6-10 December 03/12/2021
- IHBC says: ‘Please check your contact details, for the Yearbook and more, by 17/12’ 03/12/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £137K+ works this week: Heritage property lead seeks masterplans, closing 20/12, valued £40-100K 03/12/2021
- IHBC features ‘Heritage form the restorer’s doorstep’! ‘Faithful reinstatement’ preferred option for GSA Mackintosh Building 03/12/2021
- New Chief Planning Inspector of new Welsh Government body appointed 03/12/2021
- MPs require all new buildings to have renewables from next year 03/12/2021
- Campaigners call for new law to empower communities 03/12/2021
- BRE helps build new embodied carbon database 03/12/2021
- IHBC@COP26 Helpdesk+ signpost: COP26 looks back at what was achieved 30/11/2021
- IHBC consultation responds to ‘Supporting defence infrastructure and the future of time-limited permitted development rights’ 30/11/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ double-up: HESPR’s ‘free 15 minutes advice’ project’ and #IHBC Aberdeen 2022 MarketPlace 30/11/2021
Daily Archives: 05/11/2021
IHBC@COP26: ‘Climate and conservation’ Podcasts on Amazon music, Spotify and more, with views of 1.6K+ only days from launch!
The IHBC@COP26 ‘Climate and Conservation’ Podcasts are the popular weekday anchors across our ‘Conservation Helpdesk+’ service – already with 1650+ views via our own IHBC Podcast page and new Spotify and Amazon Music postings, with Apple and more to come.
IHBC@COP26, on post-COP planning: CPP APPG secures North-West MP James Grundy as new Chair taking helm
In an important step forward for after IHBC@COP26, MP James Grundy has been elected as the new chair of the All-Party Parliamentary Group on ‘Conservation, Places and People’ (CPP APPG), succeeding Layla Moran MP who now serves as the APPG … Continue reading
The IHBC@CP26 ‘Conservation Helpdesk+’ service has been added to the open resources of Designing Buildings (formerly Designing Buildings Wiki), and featured on its twice-weekly digital Newsletter to the 15000 registered users of the ‘construction wiki’.
IHBC@COP26 call to members to respond to architects regulation review: ALL IHBC members are encouraged to respond before close on 8/11
The current review of architects regulation is part of a wider review to make sure that the architectural profession is inclusive and progressive – echoing many IHBC@COP26 aspirations – and IHBC Members and other built and historic environment specialists and … Continue reading
IHBC@COP26 ‘Helpdesk+’ Feature Host: SPAB updates on the ‘Old House Project’, 6-8PM, 8/11 – Just click in via our Helpdesk+ page
Join the IHBC@COP26 ‘Conservation Helpdesk+’ via our webpage to enjoy a special partnering Feature Host’ session from SPAB’s on its Old House Project, including Marianne Suhr and Jonny Garlick in ‘virtual discussion’ on ‘cutting edge sustainability practice for historic buildings’. … Continue reading
IHBC@COP26 CPD signpost: COTAC on ‘Protecting our world: Climate change’ and much more – 23-24/11, only £20, supported by the IHBC
The IHBC is delighted to support as sponsor the forthcoming COTAC conference on ‘Developing the skills, training, and expertise…’, to take place over two half-days on 23 and 24 November.
IHBC@COP26: Weekend programmes on our virtual ‘Conservation Helpdesk+’, with films (Carl Elefante, David Chipperfield and more), resources, guidance and much more
Weekends on the virtual ‘IHBC@COP26 ‘Conservation Helpdesk+’ focus on offering the most fundamental resources in the IHBC’s armoury of conservation principles and practice.
IHBC@COP26 ‘resource management’ signpost: James Caird revisits Buckminster Fuller, out of Context by Conservation Wiki and Designing Buildings
IHBC past Chair James Caird has explored Buckminster Fuller’s ‘real legacy’, in resource management – a theme central to the IHBC@COP26 programme – in the IHBC’s journal Context, with the article now also featured to the 15000 readers of the … Continue reading
IHBC’s HESPR IHBC@COP26 pick from £5.1M+ works this week: Tender for Aberdeen feasibility study (IHBC’s 2022 School venue) closing 23/11, valued £5M
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – our Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition quality assurance service – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, and the Director’s pick this week features the call from this week is the Invitation to … Continue reading
IHBC@COP26 from Wales: Heritage Partnership Agreements update – new management tools take full effect from 01/01/22
Heritage partnership agreements — the voluntary agreements for the long-term management of scheduled monuments and listed buildings introduced by the Historic Environment (Wales) Act 2016 — will come into full effect in Wales on 1 January 2022.
Historic England has issued a report on how the historic environment of York, North Yorkshire and the East Riding can help achieve ‘Good Growth’, offering critical insights to IHBC@COP26 themes.