Search the archive
IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
Unless made explicit, IHBC NewsBlogs are not IHBC endorsements.
- CCT CE Peter Aiers IHBC announces move to The Charterhouse 17/01/2022
- Serious about your staffing plans or career? Get your ‘Heads Up’ with ‘IHBC Jobs etc.’ as we headline career-defining posts – across sectors and disciplines – so sign up now! 14/01/2022
- IHBC congratulates IHBC Member Darren Barker on MBE 14/01/2022
- REMINDER: IHBC looks to the future with new ‘Affiliate’ arrangements: Improved support for all, and ONLY the name changes for those seeking status quo 14/01/2022
- IHBC welcomes Civic Voice’s ‘Paper Tigers’: A critical review of Statements of Community Involvement in England 14/01/2022
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £2.3M+ works this week: Council seeks heritage strategy draft review, closing 11/02, valued to £12K 14/01/2022
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Chard Leisure Centre eyesore may remain until spring 14/01/2022
- Gove formally calls on residential property developer industry for new approach to building safety 14/01/2022
- Ministers plan law to order independent reviews of RICS governance 14/01/2022
- QEST offers financial assistance to training costs for craftspeople: now open for applications: Next round closes 14/02 14/01/2022
- Only days left to enter AJ Small Projects 2022: Closing 21 January 14/01/2022
- IHBC’s IMHO signpost: Sexism in the construction industry 14/01/2022
- IHBC’s latest CPD Circular: Accessible cross-sector support, from philosophy in WM’s Conservation Hours & NI ‘Saving the 21stC’ to the IHBC’s 2022 School MarketPlace 12/01/2022
- IHBC’s HESPR Alert news throwback from December: Director’s selection 12/01/2022
- IHBC features ‘Heritage form the urban doorstep’: Mayor announces ambitious new plans to rewild London 12/01/2022
- NHS Scotland ready to digitise its assets with interactive guide 12/01/2022
- Changes to approved document L and F and new approved document O 12/01/2022
- ICE on the second Cycling and Walking Investment Strategy 12/01/2022
- National Trust for Scotland ‘Facing Our Past’ project publishes interim report 12/01/2022
- Civil engineer quashes apprenticeship myths 12/01/2022
- How Natural England’s Green Infrastructure Framework can help create better places to live: With feedback welcome 12/01/2022
- IHBC Marsh Awards 2022 launched: ‘Your chance to nominate retired IHBC members and/or successful learners’, closing 31 March 07/01/2022
- IHBC’s Blog-News ‘out of Context’: IHBC Chair explores climate warnings, fire, flood and values 07/01/2022
- IHBC’s HESPR Alert tender throwback from December: A week of opportunities from £115KM+ works, with opportunities across design, WHS advice & more 07/01/2022
- IHBC features ‘Heritage form the doorstep’: Scottish Housing Network highlights help for residents facing £330k bill for Aberdeen tenement works 07/01/2022
Daily Archives: 04/01/2022
IHBC-SAHGB 2021 annual research awards headlined to 15K construction sector users of Designing Buildings & IHBC’s Conservation Wiki
The IHBC-SAHGB 2021 annual research awards winners has been featured on the digital Newsletter from Designing Buildings to the 15K+ registered users of the ‘construction wiki’ and IHBC’s Conservation Wiki.
IHBC Chair David McDonald and Mike Brown, IHBC President & AGM Chair, have written to formally notify members of arrangements for the 2022 AGM, which will take place virtually on 24 February 2022 at 6.00pm.
REMINDER: IHBC looks to the future with new ‘Affiliate’ arrangements: Improved support for all, and ONLY the name changes for those seeking status quo
IHBC Board’s call to upgrade the Affiliate category to recognise those with an ‘awareness’ of conservation means that from April 2022 anyone not securing or applying for assessment as an Affiliate will join a new ‘supporter’-style category, but see no … Continue reading
Reminder: IHBC’s HESPR network of conservation practices offers free help with heritage queries, as HESPR’s ‘15 minutes free advice’ is launched formally
The HESPR ‘15 minutes free advice’ service offers 15 minutes of free expert advice and guidance from conservation practices recognised through the IHBC’s HESPR register of commercial conservation practices.
IHBC’s HESPR pick from £450K+ works: Council seeks heritage advisory service, closing 3/02, valued at £300K.
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – our Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition quality assurance service – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, and the Director’s pick this week features the call from a Council for an advice service … Continue reading
IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – our Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition quality assurance scheme for heritage services – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, and this week features the Guardian on ‘sub-Saharan Africa and world heritage’.
IHBC features ‘Heritage form the urban doorstep’ 1: Five Aberdeen high rises to remain A-listed as council appeal fails
The controversial listing of five Aberdeen tower blocks has been backed by the Scottish Government, reports The Aberdeen Press and Journal. image: HES
Emergency funding from the Culture Recovery Fund has been increased by £30M to help more organisations through the winter. image: Open Government Licence v3.0
The full list of 39 places which have applied for city status as part of the 2022 Platinum Jubilee Civic Honours Competition has been announced. image: Open Government Licence v3.0
Insurer Ecclesiastical celebrated the incredible contribution of volunteers across the sector with its yearly Heritage Hero award, which is now open and with nominations closing on 23 January 2022.
Now in its 27th year, the annual AJ Small Projects Award, run in association with Marley, celebrates completed projects with a contract value of £299,000 and under, with entries closing 21 January.