Search the archive
IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
Unless made explicit, IHBC NewsBlogs are not IHBC endorsements.
- IHBC offers cautious welcome to ‘Levelling-up and Regeneration Bill’ but stresses lack of capacity in delivering locally 14/05/2022
- Free Affiliate Application webinars for IHBC Supporters: Guidance, updates + Q&A, 24/06 & 26/06 14/05/2022
- New IHBC 2022 School CPD resources for ‘Environment & heritage management’ – oil, recycling & more – 17/06 14/05/2022
- Promote your business, service, charity etc. at IHBC’s virtual Heritage MarketPlace, opening #IHBCAberdeen2022 on 15/06, from c.£100+VAT 14/05/2022
- IHBC Signpost: BRE/BEIS project to modernise home energy rating scheme 14/05/2022
- IHBC Signpost: Expert advice pivotal in new-look Historical Railways Estate 14/05/2022
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest News’: Griff’s 1st film clip for blended #IHBCAberdeen2022 on 17/06 14/05/2022
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the (construction) doorstep’: Planning reform scepticism on levelling-up bill 14/05/2022
- England: ‘How to challenge our decision to list or not list a building’ 14/05/2022
- Vintage train journeys at risk as coal supply fails 14/05/2022
- Good news for #IHBC25: New IHBC governance supported by new Trustee Information Pack 10/05/2022
- Good news for #IHBC25: Interdisciplinary IHBC accreditation recognised by Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS) for Professionally Qualified Person (PQP) cards 10/05/2022
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest News’: Docomomo US – ‘11 most threatened modern buildings in America’ 10/05/2022
- IHBC ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: York to try again for UNESCO WHS 10/05/2022
- HES’ Green Recovery Statement: ‘Using Scotland’s Past to Support Our Future’ 10/05/2022
- National Churches Trust Consultation update: Churches in demand, despite growth of digital worship 10/05/2022
- Newport Council to underwrite increased costs to Transporter Bridge transformation project 10/05/2022
- Architects fear Glasgow School of Art rebuild could go to cheapest bidder 10/05/2022
- Feature your business, charity, leadership, learning etc. at IHBC’s virtual Heritage MarketPlace for 6+ months – live and opening #IHBCAberdeen2022 on 15/06, from c.£100+VAT 06/05/2022
- REMINDER: IHBC Wales Branch virtual AGM with free CPD – ‘Conservation updates: IHBC and Cadw’, 11/05 06/05/2022
- IHBC Signpost to Welsh Senedd Research: ‘How can communities save buildings they care about?’ 06/05/2022
- IHBC’s HESPR pick: £650K works as National Park seeks community engagement support, closes 23/05, £27.5K 06/05/2022
- IHBC ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: New lease of life for historic Leeds gem 06/05/2022
- AHF grants for UK’s community-led heritage regeneration projects 06/05/2022
- PLACE Alliance launches Appealing Design – Does design quality carry weight in planning appeals? 06/05/2022
Daily Archives: 18/01/2022
The Sustainable Traditional Buildings Alliance (STBA) publishes paper ‘From Retrofit to Regeneration’, a blueprint for post-Covid recovery. image STBA
Full IHBC member Peter Aiers, Chief Executive (CE) of The Churches Conservation Trust (CCT), has been appointed the new Master and Chief Executive Officer of the Charterhouse, a 400-year-old almshouse charity in central London. image: CCT
IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – our Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition quality assurance scheme for heritage services – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, which this week features Building on its ‘top news, interviews and events of 2021’.
IHBC Marsh Awards 2022 launched: ‘Your chance to nominate retired IHBC members and/or successful learners’, closing 31 March
The IHBC’s Marsh Awards, developed in partnership with the Marsh Trust, has launched the two 2022 Awards – for civic contributions by retired members, and for successful learning in heritage skills – with prizes that include £500 and a free place at the IHBC’s Aberdeen 2022 … Continue reading
IHBC features ‘Heritage from the (civil) doorstep’: Inspector allows Southgate Office Village Scheme on appeal, despite engagement campaign
Southgate District Civic Voice (SDCV) has been involved in a long-running campaign to encourage more meaningful community engagement on a controversial 17 storey redevelopment of Southgate Office Village, now allowed, on which Civic Voice reports. image: for illustration purposes only … Continue reading
Details of a financial package worth £65 million for culture and major events to help ease impact of pandemic have been confirmed by the Culture Secretary Angus Robertson.
The new schemes unveiled by UK Government will support nature recovery and climate action by rewarding farmers in their local area, alongside sustainable and profitable food production. image: Open Government Licence v3.0
A building contractor has been prosecuted after carrying out unsafe excavation works that resulted in the partial collapse of a residential building.
3D scans show how Historic Environment Scotland (HES) is investigating climate change impacts at the World Heritage site in Orkney. image: HES
Designing Buildings (DB) lists the most popular new articles in 2021. image: DB