Search the archive
IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
Unless made explicit, IHBC NewsBlogs are not IHBC endorsements.
- IHBC offers cautious welcome to ‘Levelling-up and Regeneration Bill’ but stresses lack of capacity in delivering locally 14/05/2022
- Free Affiliate Application webinars for IHBC Supporters: Guidance, updates + Q&A, 24/06 & 26/06 14/05/2022
- New IHBC 2022 School CPD resources for ‘Environment & heritage management’ – oil, recycling & more – 17/06 14/05/2022
- Promote your business, service, charity etc. at IHBC’s virtual Heritage MarketPlace, opening #IHBCAberdeen2022 on 15/06, from c.£100+VAT 14/05/2022
- IHBC Signpost: BRE/BEIS project to modernise home energy rating scheme 14/05/2022
- IHBC Signpost: Expert advice pivotal in new-look Historical Railways Estate 14/05/2022
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest News’: Griff’s 1st film clip for blended #IHBCAberdeen2022 on 17/06 14/05/2022
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the (construction) doorstep’: Planning reform scepticism on levelling-up bill 14/05/2022
- England: ‘How to challenge our decision to list or not list a building’ 14/05/2022
- Vintage train journeys at risk as coal supply fails 14/05/2022
- Good news for #IHBC25: New IHBC governance supported by new Trustee Information Pack 10/05/2022
- Good news for #IHBC25: Interdisciplinary IHBC accreditation recognised by Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS) for Professionally Qualified Person (PQP) cards 10/05/2022
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest News’: Docomomo US – ‘11 most threatened modern buildings in America’ 10/05/2022
- IHBC ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: York to try again for UNESCO WHS 10/05/2022
- HES’ Green Recovery Statement: ‘Using Scotland’s Past to Support Our Future’ 10/05/2022
- National Churches Trust Consultation update: Churches in demand, despite growth of digital worship 10/05/2022
- Newport Council to underwrite increased costs to Transporter Bridge transformation project 10/05/2022
- Architects fear Glasgow School of Art rebuild could go to cheapest bidder 10/05/2022
- Feature your business, charity, leadership, learning etc. at IHBC’s virtual Heritage MarketPlace for 6+ months – live and opening #IHBCAberdeen2022 on 15/06, from c.£100+VAT 06/05/2022
- REMINDER: IHBC Wales Branch virtual AGM with free CPD – ‘Conservation updates: IHBC and Cadw’, 11/05 06/05/2022
- IHBC Signpost to Welsh Senedd Research: ‘How can communities save buildings they care about?’ 06/05/2022
- IHBC’s HESPR pick: £650K works as National Park seeks community engagement support, closes 23/05, £27.5K 06/05/2022
- IHBC ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: New lease of life for historic Leeds gem 06/05/2022
- AHF grants for UK’s community-led heritage regeneration projects 06/05/2022
- PLACE Alliance launches Appealing Design – Does design quality carry weight in planning appeals? 06/05/2022
Daily Archives: 10/05/2022
In line with its new governance, and supported by the IHBC’s 25th anniversary year developments, #IHBC25, we have updated the online Trustee Information Pack, and all are encouraged to review and feed back as suits.
Good news for #IHBC25: Interdisciplinary IHBC accreditation recognised by Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS) for Professionally Qualified Person (PQP) cards
Sector lead the Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS) has recognised the IHBC’s professional accreditation (Full and Associate Members) and support (CPD etc.) in awarding its PQP (Professionally Qualified Person) cards.
IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest News’: Docomomo US – ‘11 most threatened modern buildings in America’
IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – our Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition quality assurance scheme for heritage services – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, and this week features Docomomo on the ‘11 of the most threatened modern buildings … Continue reading
York’s last bid to be listed as a place of ‘outstanding universal value to humanity’ was rejected in 2011, when only its archaeological deposits were put forward, but now a more ‘holistic’ approach may succeed. image: Harry Mitchell| (Micklegate Bar … Continue reading
The Historic Environment Scotland (HES) ‘Green Recovery Statement’ supports the green principles set out by the Scottish Government and highlights seven key areas where the historic environment can help deliver an economic recovery.
One of the main findings of the recent National Churches Trust consultation about the future of the UK’s church buildings is that an overwhelming majority think churches are still needed, despite the growth of digital worship during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Newport City Council’s cabinet has agreed to underwrite increased costs to the Transporter Bridge transformation. image: Newport City Council YouTube
Two of Scotland’s leading architects have raised concerns that a ‘flawed’ tender system could see the Glasgow School of Art’s rebuild decided on price rather than quality. image: for illustration purposes only